Sign in to follow this  
Clova

Option to disable messages in the middle of my screen

Could the option to disable the middle of the screen messages be added please?

For what is this new pop up text good anyways?

All it does seems to do is drag focus from event tab.

I think it was mostly added for pvp bans because people were claiming they did not see the announcements. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

Need a way to reduce font size, Does CC think we have eye sight issues?

The font size is connected to the Header Font Size option currently, if that messes other things up too much we might just split it up and add another slider. 

The only message type that you can't disable is the system type (shutdown, warnings, bans). 

The point of the messages is partially to drag some focus away from the event tab, and partially to inform you of something when your eyes are not there. 
I know when I don't have event visible I can try and queue up multiple actions over and over without noticing failures, like the tile I'm standing on being full so I can't mine and so on. 

• Like 2

When i saw the pop up, i was like

Alien attack!!!! Runnnnnnnn

6 hours ago, MarkSilard said:

already in under 'game' tab in settings

I definitely want to disable this very intrusive option but I see no ability to do so as you have listed. Maybe this is only available on the "unstable" client now?

(Ok, I found this option to disable various on screen messages. Hopefully any "Official messages" won't flash on the screen either.)

I am sure this will bother the heck out of me to have these messages flash on my screen while I am playing the game. I mean you Devs really think players are this dense that they need to have something like this flashing in their face in order to notice these messages? Bad idea and hopefully players can disable this feature totally who take the responsibility upon themselves to read these official Event messages, as they have done so for years.

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes

YAY we have the onscreen notices!

OMG IM SO EXCITED! 2 secs after i logged in GIANT YELLOW FLASHY "YOU HAVE MAIL GET THAT ###### NOW FOOL!"

now how many more years until this msg is put to true good use to fix the pvp meta bots (just need to remove event notifications from kingdom titles, and login/logoff and replace it with these new spiffy notices)

15 hours ago, ErikN said:

The only message type that you can't disable is the system type (shutdown, warnings, bans).

Can we please have an option to disable those too?  I don't want to be in the middle of doing something and then I get YOU'VE GOT MAIL pop up on my screen scaring the crap out of me.  Same for the shut downs and what not, I've never had an issue with it and would like to not have these popups

1 hour ago, MrGARY said:

Can we please have an option to disable those too?  I don't want to be in the middle of doing something and then I get YOU'VE GOT MAIL pop up on my screen scaring the crap out of me.  Same for the shut downs and what not, I've never had an issue with it and would like to not have these popups

Allowing the system messages to be optional sort of defeats their purpose, I will take a look at the mail message, that could be moved to be a different type (info perhaps).
The shutdown message have been split up into two parts now, time and reason. Only the time part will be on screen when that goes live, to make it shorter, easier to read and less intrusive.

• Like 1

But ErikN, what if we really want the system messages disabled onscreen too?  It may defeat their purpose, but many of us do not need the extra notice, the event message is enough.  This will not be too annoying when there is a system shutdown, but I know I'm going to hate seeing this when there is a PVP ban, because it will show up every 15 minutes, and I'm on the Freedom servers.  Please don't go forcing this on all of us.

• Like 1

I would like an option to move the message display to a lower part of the screen, as it is its like playing wow, I like seeing it, don't get me wrong but right now its in the middle of where I am looking, should be able to move this to the side, closer to the top or bottom.

• Like 1

This is a wonderful new feature.  Thanks for adding it!  Don't change a thing please. :)  This has been helpful so far.

Edited by Slickshot

while i like the benefits of "wanted" information i can see why some players may want to disable it completely.

Maybe limit the system/warning on screen info to PvP and let PvE disable it if they want to?

• Like 1

well I'm pvp and literally never had a single issue following any pvp bans or server shut downs, I'd like the messages off my screen

• Like 1

Too much complaining.  It's a good feature.  It has helped me several times so far, even for simple things such as queing actions and being too far from the object to perform the action and not noticing at first.

It's a good feature ye, but a lot of us don't need it so an option to disable it completely would be very nice

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 2:36 AM, ErikN said:

Allowing the system messages to be optional sort of defeats their purpose

No this doesn't defeat its purpose. What is does is allow those who want to take the responsibility upon themselves to monitor the Event tab for these types of messages, that the Devs have decided that No!, they are not capable of doing so.

Reminds me of the old mass-punishment system where all pay the price for the unacceptable actions of a few. What even is the purpose of these messages flashing on the screen disrupting game play anyway? I take it this is because some were making the excuse that they didn't see "important" Dev messages so they didn't know that they shouldn't be taking certain actions?

I suggest that you rethink this and allow responsible individuals the option to eliminate these flashing nuisance messages on their screens.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Ayes said:

No this doesn't defeat its purpose. What is does is allow those who want to take the responsibility upon themselves to monitor the Event tab for these types of messages, that the Devs have decided that No!, they are not capable of doing so.

Reminds me of the old mass-punishment system where all pay the price for the unacceptable actions of a few. What even is the purpose of these messages flashing on the screen disrupting game play anyway? I take it this is because some were making the excuse that they didn't see "important" Dev messages so they didn't know that they shouldn't be taking certain actions?

I suggest that you rethink this and allow responsible individuals the option to eliminate these flashing nuisance messages on their screens.

=Ayes=

Nah.  Leave it as is.  It's a good feature, and people are keen to argue anything new into the ground just because they can.  Not worth wasting your time over, in my opinion.