Sign in to follow this  
Stanlee

Goodbye Black Legion

[00:54:06] You slap at the no known kingdom kingdom banner.

This'll be interesting; now we see that the banners and wagons of PMKs, as fancy as they look, are only good so long as the kingdom behind them is.

Unless this is a pack bug.

Edited by Stanlee

This is intended under the current mechanics as I understand. The kingdom of Black Legion let it's last deed disband in the last 24hrs and as such the kingdom also disbanded meaning that all banners,wagons and players that were previously coded under that have defaulted to either freedom textures or blank  "no known kingdom".

• Like 1

Wurm Online Is dying.

I felt this needed to be posted here.

• Like 1

Least we have hots stuff still, although I wish they would stay ingame as legacy items.

It was a great pleasure to take part in disbanding this kingdom.

• Like 1

Stopping wurmonline.exe

Stopped wurmonline.exe

Press any key to continue. . . 

8 hours ago, revengo said:

It was a great pleasure to take part in disbanding this kingdom.

yeah it's good that you take part in something on this server outside of Ravenholm. guess you should make a post next time you leave deed too :)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Stik said:

yeah it's good that you take part in something on this server outside of Ravenholm. guess you should make a post next time you leave deed too :)

Eeeee macaroni!

9 hours ago, Josh said:

Can we all quit wurm yet

The salt is real.  You may quit if you'd like and leave the rest of us to our own opinions.  :)

2 hours ago, Stik said:

I like how this is your go to 'insult', it's cute.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stik said:

Bruh, you don't even know who Revengo is/was. :lol:

3 hours ago, Slickshot said:

The salt is real.  You may quit if you'd like and leave the rest of us to our own opinions.  :)

What do I have salt over? The games just ###### lmao 

Finally some internet access.

Playing for a long time in Chaos, teaches one that nothing stays forever. But while getting to experience relocation from when your village disbands due to enemy pressure, having a kingdom disband, is I believe a once in a game time experience. Not many get to experience it and while you learn to grow a tough skin in Chaos, it doesn't feel good I must say. There's two types of end games in this universe we're playing according to my view. You either get to see your kingdom dominate the whole server and kick everyone out or you see your kingdom burned down to ashes. Very few will get to experience server domination, but even fewer will get to experience the other type of the journey, since most quit way before it happens. Nobody likes to be on the losing side. Not for long at least.

It's clear that Mol Rehan have won. At least on the south side of the map. I could go on and on forever about GMs and developers pretending to be game designers removing crucial features right after we spent weeks using them to strengthen our defences, but that's not the point here,they proved multiple times in the past that wise decision making was never their strong point anyway. The point is that we lost to an enemy that was more organized, determined, but most importantly way stronger than us both in numbers and fighting capability. 

I've been myself in MR in the past and I saw their views on Chaos. Although I don't agree with them, I have to admit that the group that back in 2012 started that effort to conquer the whole server, is one step away from completing it sucessfully. What can I say, they are some tough enemies to have hehe :) I can't keep on the same respect standards though, those that under the fear of defeat not only tucked tailed but joined them and betrayed their own people. I'm sure you know who you are, we've been talking about it many times in the past. History remembers the winners, but history also remembers the cowards. 

There's one more group of people that history tends to also remember though. It's those that have fallen fighting valiantly. And Black Legion, maybe not the strongest kingdom of them all, clearly was one of the most valiant ones. I had the pleasure of being in the kingdom ever since it's creation almost till it's very end if it wasnt for real life obligations and during that time I had the honor to play alongside some very brave individuals who never broke character even at the face of extinction. If there's something that made us different than the other kingdoms of the server, I believe it was our constant agressive stance against the dominant kingdom of Mol Rehan. While others kept passive and hide behind their walls or tried to form political pacts, we've invaded against our enemies and even took land from them which we kept from prolongued periods of time even while undermaned. People may say whatever they want, but truth is we always gone by the mantra that the self you bring in battle today must be better than the self you brought yesterday. And that's what we always did.

Wurm will go on. I believe chaos will too. People will remember that the Mol Rehan of 2013-2016 dominated the server. But they will also remember that among the kingdoms of the server, there used to be a kingdom, a little bit different in identity.  It was weaker than the rest, but it took up the quest of fighting Mol Rehan even when they were at their peak.

It's name was Black Legion. 

R.I.P.

PS: Somewhere in the ruins of TLR there's a drake set alongside with some other loot. Sadly I can't access it cause the deed has disbanded and I got locked out. But for those adventurous enough, give it a try. It's inside one of the safe mines. Here's the catch though, there's 57 of them. 

Edited by ElvenElder
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Josh said:

What do I have salt over? The games just ###### lmao 

If you feel that way why are you hanging around talking crap about it instead of moving on to greener pastures?  You either have a pitiful axe to grind or nothing but time on your hands, in which case I'd recommend a fruitful hobby or job.

2 minutes ago, Slickshot said:

If you feel that way why are you hanging around talking crap about it instead of moving on to greener pastures?  You either have a pitiful axe to grind or nothing but time on your hands, in which case I'd recommend a fruitful hobby or job.

I log in when people tell me theres pvp and thats it. Im in college, so no time is not something that i have a lot of. Its just obvious that the game is going downhill

4 hours ago, Emoo said:

Bruh, you don't even know who Revengo is/was. :lol:

Vaguely remembered him, going through my logs he actually looks like a cool dude who I got along well with during my time there. logs are cool things tbh. 

19 hours ago, Niki said:

although I wish they would stay ingame as legacy items.

I  agree with you, sad to see my wagon i just got turn to Freedom.

TIL spamming obscene messages and never shutting up in local instead of defending and then just giving up and disbanded everything is valiant.

24 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

TIL spamming obscene messages and never shutting up in local instead of defending and then just giving up and disbanded everything is valiant.

I don't think some local flaming that spices things up can be compared to the homophobic outrages, the racists comments and the mother insults we heard on a regular basis from your people in PMs for the last three years. I'm over having to respond to anonymous alt pms after every raid and hear him tell me how he likes to bang my mother. The first raid defence I attended, I had to deal with two statues on my mine performing a homosexual sex act. The last raid defence I had to attend there was a bucket with milk from my moms breasts waiting for me on the damaged longhouse.

All this over the span of three years. It's clear to me that you people have not grown up and are as immature and as childish as you were back then. As for disbanding everything and quitting, I personally, not speaking about the others, don't have the flame I had back in 2014 to turbonerd alongside with you people just because you feel like playing 24 hours a day. 

It's your own right to decide how to live your life and neglect real life responsibilities to play the game non stop but you can't blame others for not doing the same. Time passes by and you have to realize that three years is a long time. It was an interesting experience for as long as it lasted, but we can't keep doing that forever. Some of us have just moved on you know.

Harry Potter has graduated from Hogwarts, Jordan.

Edited by ElvenElder
  • Like 1

Res ipsa loquitur

Aside, two things remain:  Congratz on a victory MR, can't deny military prowess , organization, and initiative in aggression.  BL no matter the smallest, has always shown great fortitude under an adversity most would not ever be able to endure.  I would have liked to see dignity given to these two things and let a kingdom go out with some respect yet chaos be choas and continues to show part of the problem that extends beyond game mechanic failures and into human behaviour.  It was this same toxicity that had me evaluate my un/willingness to staff participate with the forums any longer.

Edited by Bloodscythe
  • Like 4