Sign in to follow this  
joedobo

[ABANDONED] big containers BAEA mod

ABANDONED. This uses a bunch of bytecode in order to achieve its goal. I don't want to support bytecode based mods anymore. The script-runners should still work.

Big containers be-all-end-all is a mod to make containers hold a lot. This mod doesn't change crates in anyway.

Server owners heed this warning. This mod will let players nest containers into infinity. You could get a small magic chest and put an infinite amount of item inside by nesting new containers inside of containers. I don't think there are any serious problems with container nesting. Further, the only thing might be that some folks may consider it overpowered or unrealistic.

:Required:
Ago's WurmServerModLauncher. https://github.com/ago1024/WurmServerModLauncher/releases 

WU version compatibility is 1.3.1.3

:Install:

Get a archive release for the mod here: https://github.com/Joedobo27/bigcontainersBAEAmod/releases/latest
*Get one of the archive releases and unpack it into the mods folder. The folder path should look something like this: ~Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\mods

edit...

As of v106 I removed making containers big. It just simpler to use the unlimited space option.

1) this changes all non-liquid holding containers along with a couple larger liquid holders (tub, fountain) to hold a volume of 1,728,000. It does this by changing the inside x,y,z dimensions each to 120m. By comparison the unmodded Caravel has a inventory that is 30m x 60m x 60m and this gives a volume of 108,000. This mod makes many containers (and the Caravel itself) 16 times larger than the unmodded Caravel.

As of v108 I moved all the unrelated mod options to script runner mods. Here is the post in this thread if you want the changes. script runner mods

Edited by joedobo

I did use your version before this one... I appreciate that fast update really much and will put it onto my server as soon as I restart (tomorrow).

Were there any numbers changed for the containers? Some bigger/smaller than in the version before?

Also what I did experience in the last version... I could add the small fishes to the FSB, but not the catfish... is that behavior wanted?

EDIT: Did just see that my BSBs are overflowing with stuff and I can not put something new in them... sooo... I did stop my server and will install the new version of your mod right now. I keep in touch, if there are any bugs at all. Sadly I can not test most ship stuff, cause I just have a rowing boat right now... I am a while away from something bigger, as I play WU with WO skillgain 1:1... so everything needs a while longer for me, than for most other people that play faster skillgain and of cause faster action timer than I do ^^

EDIT2 - Mod Function: So far works great, but I did not test a lot... BSBs and FSBs are accessible again now.

Edited by Taurus

Thank you so much Joeadobo for the fast update on this one.  I have installed it on my server and its working great.  :)

1 hour ago, Taurus said:

I did use your version before this one... I appreciate that fast update really much and will put it onto my server as soon as I restart (tomorrow).

Were there any numbers changed for the containers? Some bigger/smaller than in the version before?

Also what I did experience in the last version... I could add the small fishes to the FSB, but not the catfish... is that behavior wanted?

I think the version you used before I had left out some fish on accident. With this version I realized there is a fish type I can use to identify and select all fish. It works better than listing them out individually.

I don't remember off hand exactly what was or wasn't changed with this. The main thing I remember was making water holding containers large was a mistake. I'd guess that with this a lot more items are big now than before. Funny enough, a rowboat is almost as good as any other ship (even a Caravel) with this. All the ship containers hold the same, that 1.7 mill L. The only difference would be speed and passengers.

What I get fed up with is having to put large items on the ground where they quickly decay and disappear. There are no real containers for big items and anything left on the ground is subject to decay. I've lost keels and even felled trees that I was going to turn into keels thanks to this.

Can someone make a no-decay mod please? I have a shipyard that would look far better with bits of ships laying around outside the building like keels, hull planks, tenons, even things like rope tools and such. The problem is that leaving them on the ground means they quickly decay and disappear. I WANT the clutter of bits laying around near a part built ship to make it look like someone is working on it, just for aesthetic purposes. If you're rebuilding your car engine in the garage, how many people have everything neatly hidden away and nothing like tools or engine parts laying on the floor?

@Tryst  " be-all-end-all"  This mod is overpowered and totally unrealistic by design. Do you what to load a Caravel inside a row boat? Yep, you can do it!

I do like the picture you paint of a busy shipyard. 

23 hours ago, joedobo said:

@Tryst  " be-all-end-all"  This mod is overpowered and totally unrealistic by design. Do you what to load a Caravel inside a row boat? Yep, you can do it!

I do like the picture you paint of a busy shipyard. 

Thanks for the tip, I might give it a try. It might be a bit OP but if it can serve a purpose, it would be helpful.

Yes, that's the idea really. we don't have NPC's moving around to make it look busy so we have to do it by effectively making it look untidy and recently used.

I really would like to see NPC's moving around though, even if they didn't actually do anything and were just walking around the place to give the effect of life rather than it being a ghost town. Imagine Skyrim style NPCs, kids running around, people going places and such, standing in groups as if chatting to each other, visiting each others houses (you flag which ones they can use), possibly even appearing to pick up tools and planks (even though they don't actually pick anything up) and appearing to work on things like half built ships or buildings you've flagged for them. Maybe a bit of background babble, nothing discernible, just a general noise of people chatting and laughing when you go near a group of people. A bit like the ducks that are quacking when you go near water despite me never actually seeing a duck in this game.

Now there's a big mod for someone who's really up for a challenge that would really give this game a boost.

Edited by Tryst

It's not as versatile as what you describe, but the current NPCs you can spawn in the game and make citizens of a deed do go about doing things. They botanize and search grass tiles and occasionally drop the stuff they collect. I've even discovered a pair of crafted scissors (37 QL) on the corpse of one of them. The scissors were labeled as having that NPC as maker. Since I'm the only GM on the server, it looks like their somewhat limited code is capable of such things on rare occasion. I'm hoping CodeClub will expand on it.

As for the occasional object you want not to decay if you don't want to go with the no decay mod listed above, make a GM and have them mark the item No Bash/destroy in its properties. Keeps stuff at 0 damage on my server. Do note that you can't change damage even with the GM while that's checked, so repair it or reset it to 0 first and then turn it on as a separate action.

Rather not a crash but it froze up for a few seconds

bc2500232bd2b0ac3d7a224949421d96.png

Edited by Hakameda

@HakamedaThank you for the report. 

version 105 update.

* I removed the reflective wrapper in favor of a new method ( just copied code from the WU method I was reflectively invoking).

Server owners heed this warning. This mod will let players nest containers into infinity. You could get a small magic chest and put an infinite amount of item inside by nesting new containers inside of containers. Use the second setting lets you nest containers of like type, so satchels in satchels.

Can you  make so this is not possible?

2 hours ago, Elsa said:

Can you  make so this is not possible?

It's probably possible but don't' really want to do that. I'm not sure how I would accomplish the task as it would essentially undo the changes I made so that anything fits in anything.

I'm also not sure it actually matters if someone nested containers like this. Decay would be the main issue here as folks could almost put their entire deed in a small magic chest.

15 hours ago, joedobo said:

It's probably possible but don't' really want to do that. I'm not sure how I would accomplish the task as it would essentially undo the changes I made so that anything fits in anything.

I'm also not sure it actually matters if someone nested containers like this. Decay would be the main issue here as folks could almost put their entire deed in a small magic chest.

Okay, good to know.

As of v108 I moved most options in the mod to stand alone script runner mods. These all go in "~\scriptrunner\scripts\onItemTemplatesCreated" folder. Here they are:

make-items-combine

https://gist.github.com/Joedobo27/97095a097abcd83d77e604467fc187e9

remove-inside-outside-limits

https://gist.github.com/Joedobo27/03fe564e54d630eec0142d1079e06cb8

remove-one-per-tile-restrictions

https://gist.github.com/Joedobo27/463a01a1dc40c3a7532241f8a8a10c6d

resize-pelt

https://gist.github.com/Joedobo27/cec5d76bcf5c1f1568efecdb04f86688

Just added this to my LAN server today, and I haven't been able to figure out how to make it work. 

Usually when a mod doesn't work, it crashes my server.  But in this case, the server opens just fine...just can't put a bin in a bin, crate in a crate, or satchel in a satchel as I had expected.  Have I just misunderstood how this mod works?

I'm sure it's in the correct folder. Is there something I need to configure in the properties file?  I couldn't see anything.  I also did definitely run modloader.bat and patcher.bat, and start the server from the correct link (i.e. WurmServerLauncher - patched).  

ABANDONED. This uses a bunch of bytecode in order to achieve its goal. I don't want to support bytecode based mods anymore. The script-runners should still work.

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 4:20 PM, joedobo said:

As of v108 I moved most options in the mod to stand alone script runner mods. These all go in "~\scriptrunner\scripts\onItemTemplatesCreated" folder. Here they are:

I have Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\scriptrunner\scripts\ but then my choices are only 

\onPlayerLogin

\onPlayerLogout

\onPlayerMessage

\onServerStarted

I don't seem to have an "onItemTemplatesCreated" folder...or do I just create one and then put these 4 into it?

------------------

EDIT:  I tried just creating the folder and extracting the files into it, but still no luck. Do I need to do something more?

Edited by Batta

make the onItemTemplatesCreated folder and it goes with the other "onBlahBlah" folders.

copy the javascript code into text editor

save it with whatever name followed by the javascript extension, which is ".js".

put the javascript file into the  onItemTemplatesCreated folder.