Sign in to follow this  
LorenaMontana

Remove local, add voice chat and delete /who complefely from EPIC

Let it be clear that this suggestion is Epic only. We all know epic nowadays is not unique anymore (since the player Gods are on freedom too and valrei items too) and the pvp levels and population are very low for quite some time now. And this is because it's not new and unique at all anymore in the gaming market.

/who is still heavily abused by 3rd party programs so best to remove it completely from all things: Twitter, forum etc. etc. Nothing is a suprise in this game because everyone knows where u are, when u cross and what not. It's pretty shitty if u ask me.

Oh also, do we remember this? 

Many people were like: Yes! Finally no local, we can try it out at least. 

But no it never got implemented. God may know why... 

What I also like to suggest would be an in game voice chat, instead of a local (off course the local chat should stay but the names of people in the local should go away). Make it optional.

Oh and when u are busy please add tree collision again otherwise this entire suggestion would be ###### coz everyone would hide in big trees. 

• Like 3

first of all, he added voice chat several years ago; he removed it because it sucked and no one used it

removing the /who count is a good idea, it contributes to a really pathetic metagame

removing local list would require some more work - we would need high quality positional audio and a much better rendering system, especially for longer ranges (compare to other first person games with large maps - that's what we need), kinda like resetting Elevation, good idea but it needed a hell of a lot more work than what was actually put into it

current local range is 80 tiles or 240 meters, which is far too short for players and enemy-kingdom-controlled NPCs and mobs (ie. pets and mounts) to be out of draw distance

all of this would require a LOT of optimization, so basically it's not gonna happen, but it is nice to dream

also yea give us back the old olive trees <3

Edited by MisterTeddy

2 minutes ago, MisterTeddy said:

first of all, he added voice chat several years ago; he removed it because it sucked and no one used it

lol That isn't why they removed it.  It was fairly popular.  I'm pretty sure it was removed because of people using it to cheat in pvp.

-1 to remove local unless you want to kill epic more than it already is by this new ele map

-1 to voice chat, outside ventrilo/ts/mumble/whatever is fine and always worked fine, and would still be used anyway

As for /who who cares anymore, me personally I haven't used a working server cross since the /who change if it even matters since people would just swim over, and server pops dont mean squat anymore when vd logs in 5000 accounts to sermon

• Like 2

Why would no local kill epic? Any reasons?

Also ur voice chat argument is biased since u can also speak to strangers that u never met (new players fe.) and don't wanna use 3rd party progs immediatly.

Imagine Dayz fe., sometimes its fun to spot a stranger and have a chit chat but u dont wanna talk to all of em strangers in ts/mumble or w/e. Those programs are mostly for groups in kingdoms or clans/guilds w/e u wanna call it, not for every random new player. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, LorenaMontana said:

Why would no local kill epic? Any reasons?

Also ur voice chat argument is biased since u can also speak to strangers that u never met (new players fe.) and don't wanna use 3rd party progs immediatly.

Imagine Dayz fe., sometimes its fun to spot a stranger and have a chit chat but u dont wanna talk to all of em strangers in ts/mumble or w/e. Those programs are mostly for groups in kingdoms or clans/guilds w/e u wanna call it, not for every random new player. 

He doesnt have reasons. That would require backing up what he says with something that actually makes sense

+1 To the ideas though. This game is ###### and needs something new

Edited by Josh
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MrGARY said:

-1 to remove local unless you want to kill epic more than it already is by this new ele map

-1 to voice chat, outside ventrilo/ts/mumble/whatever is fine and always worked fine, and would still be used anyway

As for /who who cares anymore, me personally I haven't used a working server cross since the /who change if it even matters since people would just swim over, and server pops dont mean squat anymore when vd logs in 5000 accounts to sermon

Crappiest reasoning of all time.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Josh said:

He doesnt have reasons. That would require backing up what he says with something that actually makes sense

I have reasons, you can search and find the last few threads that I bothered to write them out for

1 hour ago, Josh said:

Or maybe people just get tired of explaining the same thing in 20 different threads about the same thing every year, here's two examples of a quick frustrating search during forum derp hour

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/84447-pvp-suggestions/

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/122316-the-local-tab-should-be-removed-from-the-game/

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

Or maybe people just get tired of explaining the same thing in 20 different threads about the same thing every year, here's two examples of a quick frustrating search during forum derp hour

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/122316-the-local-tab-should-be-removed-from-the-game/

Sorry, there is a problem

There are no posts to show

Error code: 2F173/L

Rip

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MrGARY said:

I have reasons, you can search and find the last few threads that I bothered to write them out for

Meh, lazy.

Edited by Slickshot

8 hours ago, SmeJack said:

Maybe people are sick of the "explanations" against this whole thing from the same people.

every. goddamn. time.

+1, remove it

Edited by Quicktor
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Quicktor said:

Maybe people are sick of the "explanations" against this whole thing from the same people.

every. goddamn. time.

+1, remove it

I know right?

dead-horse.gif

16 hours ago, Josh said:

+1 To the ideas though. This game is ###### and needs something new

Said the people who wanted the challenge server, player gods, artifact "rebalancing", and of course the new elevation map. But hey, maybe the 5th time is the charm?

Seriously. Cheap gimmicks aren't going to fix the game and our joke of an elevation population. Its dumb when people suggest half-baked ideas then become dismissive without an actual argument whenever someone points out that we've been over this topic 50 thousand times. Removing local might be neat. It might be an absolute joke that completely fucks over anyone who leaves deed without a personal bodyguard and runs into 10 people hiding behind a wall because this game has horrible ways of visually identifying people and wasn't designed with that in mind. 

Edited by Aflacduck
dodging potential warnings
  • Like 1

+1 to Removing Local

-1 to built in voice chat

+100 to doing away with the /who abuse

Remove local would be fun for me.

I can also understand why some or most don't want it but for me it's a 

+ 1

2 hours ago, LorenaMontana said:

Bump

Reply children, reply

-1 still

3 hours ago, MrGARY said:

-1 still

+2 still

Edited by Slickshot

+1 to removing name list for local on ALL pvp servers (this should not even be an option...)

-1 to voice chat, just use teamspeak, raidcall, ventrilo or any 3rd party program like everyone else.

+1 to tree collision (trunks only, can still walk thru the branches and whatnot)

+1 to removing /who

Removing local is perhaps the dumbest idea ever.

Whats Ironic is who the OP of this suggestion is.

When was the last time you even left BLH?

+1 I would love to take a group and wait outside a deed entrance for people to come out so I can stab them because they had no idea I was there 

• Like 3