Sign in to follow this  
Caduryn

Economy breaking BUG!

New Players start with full ql 30 Leather Set and ql 50!! Longsword!! after the Update.

"Free Weapon and Armor on spawn" is DISABLED!

Thx God no, but still, ql50 is way too much.

The People on our Server are outraging about this.

Noobs spamming the Server with ql50 Longswords

Edited by Caduryn

Wait what, its just 50ql.. and without them they would die way to fast. They arent impable, how can that ruin the market? (Was there a market for 50ql unimpable swords?)

I'm happy it was standardized, getting a 5ql sword or 10ql was dumb and i had to manually add 20ql armor and a 30ql sword.

For an old WO Server ql50 may be nothing.....

Btw.... i never had problems just because i didn´t got a overpowered Weapon from start....

And i won´t complain if it would be ql 30

Edited by Caduryn

It is not a bug they changed it to that so at best this is a suggestion to revert the change.

Edited by Kegan

I think what hes getting at... is that his server has starting weapon and armor disabled. BUT the people are still spawning with it.

NOTE: This is in the WU section not WO.

Edited by Nicrolis
  • Like 3

Wogic..... "better newbie Gear" would be ql20-30, not 50ql. whats next?

free Dragon Armor for everyone?

Yes this is horrible, they do not need to force things on us, this should be our CHOICE. The game should default to be just like WO, then anything different should be an OPTION for the admins.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Xyp said:

Yes this is horrible, they do not need to force things on us, this should be our CHOICE. The game should default to be just like WO, then anything different should be an OPTION for the admins.

this is default wo....

This was decided after that latest Q&A.

It just took a while to arrive to WU.

Edited by Cecci

Impable or not impable.. that doesn't really matter.. if its ql gets low, all you need to do is make another newbie and get a new sword.. basically you can have unlimited 50ql swords.

This is how it works in WO. If your server economy will be broken by unimpable 50ql swords, then i'm sorry to tell you - it's already broken.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, bdew said:

This is how it works in WO. If your server economy will be broken by unimpable 50ql swords, then i'm sorry to tell you - it's already broken.

Sorry but that's not the point.

The point is, and what is broken is, there seems to be no way for this to be disabled on servers that are supposed to be customizable.  People love to complain Wurm Unlimited is easy mode, and then go on to force easy mode on Wurm Unlimited.

That's what's broken about this.  Even if it is set as default because apparently life is just too hard for some folks, the option to remove this should at the very least be functional.

• Like 3

Its a serious issue that newbies spawn with ql50 longswords, compared to what people create after 2-3 weeks of hard work those swords seem like excalibur.

You can even slay a old bear with that equipment.

I'm pretty sure that option refers to the newbie gear from cchallenge, where you can chose starter gear. 

That was decided around the time of the last Q&A (better newbie gear)

You would have better results if you PM ROLF as well as make a post called Noob sword and armor option then explain to rolf you would like to have a option to have this feature toggleable by the server owner.  This post is not the best way to go about it. You could even ask to make it so if it is already active on your server that when toggled off it does a search of all the swords and armor and destroys them. Then you would have the ability to have them or not and also if they already exsist they could be removed to not stay behind and ruin your server.

On 1/24/2016 at 9:08 PM, Fitzgerald93 said:

Its a serious issue that newbies spawn with ql50 longswords, compared to what people create after 2-3 weeks of hard work those swords seem like excalibur.

You can even slay a old bear with that equipment.

Sorry, but even on a WO-like server rates, if you've only got to 35 weaponsmithing after 2-3 weeks of hard work, you're doing something very wrong.

This is in the code and the likely hood of them changing it to be a DB side change is very slim. We have changed it back on Dagfinn server. Removed the 30ql leather and 50ql longsword and changed hachet and other tools back to 10ql. It has to be done in the code though and its huge pain cause anytime there is an update have to change it in the code again and recompile.

On 2016-01-21 at 8:27 AM, rixk said:

Impable or not impable.. that doesn't really matter.. if its ql gets low, all you need to do is make another newbie and get a new sword.. basically you can have unlimited 50ql swords.

They can be traded?!

If so, those things should take a page from other MMO's and make them character-specific.

That they are handed out when "starting gear" is disabled surely must be a bug!

2 hours ago, spuddles said:

It has to be done in the code though and its huge pain cause anytime there is an update have to change it in the code again and recompile.

This is a good idea for the public WU server API:

Have a callback notification on new user creation, to allow server admin to modify the user (and its gear).

If the default is not to the server admin's liking, this would allow changing the defaults. This would include (in no particular order):

- Add gear.

- Remove gear.

- Tweak QL of gear.

- Change character stats.

I think it makes sense. Comments?