Sign in to follow this  
Araninke

Planted Lamps Missing?

Has anyone else noticed planted lamps on and off deed come up missing recently? I noticed several on my deed that have gone missing, as well as a few off deed. Others in the area have experienced missing lamps as well.  Does planting a lamp not protect it from theft? Or was there a bug or glitch of some kind?

The ones I've placed on roads off-deed have taken a lot of decay and/or poofed.

These lamps were all planted, on deed. They shouldn't be decaying and go poof, nor should they be able to be picked up and taken. So what happened to them?

I noticed yesterday that all of the off-deed lamps that i've lit in different days, turned off. Some players in GL were also complaining that their lanterns were going off too quick. Must be a new decay bug that also speeds up the fuel consume rate.

Edited by zigozag

17 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

lamps decay on deed like anything else

Sorry I'm confused here... I thought that was the point of having stuff on deed, so it wouldn't decay. Buildings don't decay on deed do they? Also, why do none of my other lamps have even the slightest amount of decay while others have totally poofed? Just doesn't make sense to me. And is also very frustrating considering the amount of time and effort I put into making those brass lamps.

the only thing that don't take decay on deed is goods stored inside a bsb/fsb/crate as far as I know, everything else takes damage, its not much but over time it adds up, I think lower ql items take more damage than higher ql, but not 100% sure on that, stuff on perimeter takes a greater amount of damage, I also think that lamps take more damage while on, so lamps in mines that are on all the time take a greater amount of damage than the lamps above ground

Lamps, banners and flags also do not take decay on deeds with more than 30 day upkeep - this is in addition to walls and contents of bsbs/fsb/crates.

This is not the first instance of 'missing' lamps I've heard about, but it's not an easy thing to test.

Please check your deed permissions for every Role - including allies, non-citizens and citizens and any 'special' role you may have created.

Please post also the server, the type of lamp and how much upkeep the deed has.

As I said, this is very hard to reproduce.

• Like 1

Server is Xanadu, Esteron Market to be exact. I'm honestly not sure how much upkeep there was at the time... looks like it's at 26 days now, this was like a week ago so not sure how much was there at that time. Might still have been less than a month. Other lamps on deed are still not showing any amount of decay. Lamps gone were hanging brass lamps as well as a few standing brass lamps. Iirc correctly from before, there are 10+ planted lamps missing off deed. 

Edited by Araninke

Are you sure it are the same lamps missing every time? Asking this because I am noticing that in my own game not everything renders for me at all times - even animals sometimes 'suddenly aren't there'. Until I relog, with some luck they are there again then (though other things can be missing then which were there before...). Or until I go out of local and back in, same effect with reloading then.

On 1/22/2016 at 0:52 PM, Kianga said:

Are you sure it are the same lamps missing every time? Asking this because I am noticing that in my own game not everything renders for me at all times - even animals sometimes 'suddenly aren't there'. Until I relog, with some luck they are there again then (though other things can be missing then which were there before...). Or until I go out of local and back in, same effect with reloading then.

Yep, I had thought of that and logged out to make sure they weren't just not rendering. I've logged on and off several times since then and it's still the same lamps missing.