Sign in to follow this  
Ostentatio

[Resolved] Time frozen again on Xanadu

Time has stopped moving again on Xanadu.

Oh no!!!!

[00:38:26] It is 18:25:23 on day of the Wurm in week 2 of the starfall of Dancers in the year of 1054.

[00:39:26] It is 18:25:23 on day of the Wurm in week 2 of the starfall of Dancers in the year of 1054.

More details will be posted as they arise. Probably the same bug as last time?

Time is indeed "catching up" sporadically like last time.

[00:44:09] It is 18:25:23 on day of the Wurm in week 2 of the starfall of Dancers in the year of 1054.

[00:47:14] It is 02:24:47 on Wrath day in week 2 of the starfall of Dancers in the year of 1054.

[00:47:56] It is 02:24:47 on Wrath day in week 2 of the starfall of Dancers in the year of 1054.

Not that you can tell easily from this, but the change was instantaneous.

If, as I think we assume, it is the case that game time is computed from server time - I would suspect that the server has been restarted and the fix from last time was not made permanent (or maybe the time daemon is no longer running).

[01:34:36] The server has been up 14 hours and 50 minutes.

That's current server uptime, which appears to be ticking ahead normally.

This problem is happening again. Also had the same problem on Sunday, so hopefully somebody know how to get this corrected quickly.

This golden oldie is back...

[16:52:28] It is 18:58:14 on day of Sleep in week 3 of the starfall of Fires in the year of 1064.

[17:10:51] It is 18:58:14 on day of Sleep in week 3 of the starfall of Fires in the year of 1064.

I noticed production rate on Stills is messed up again. Its not as bad as last time but its only getting about 2/3 the production per log burned as I used to.

The server restart has not fixed this.

Also worth adding that when the time does jump forward that time period will be removed from any food affinity - so you will likely loose it.

12 hours ago, Wulfmaer said:

Also worth adding that when the time does jump forward that time period will be removed from any food affinity - so you will likely loose it.

But you had that time with affinity before, right? When time "stood still".

on inde aswell 

[03:53:27] It is 13:49:16 on day of Sleep in week 1 of the Raven's starfall in the year of 1064.

[03:54:06] It is 13:49:16 on day of Sleep in week 1 of the Raven's starfall in the year of 1064.

and xanadu again:

[03:54:43] It is 09:55:08 on day of Sleep in week 1 of the Raven's starfall in the year of 1064.

[03:55:04] It is 09:55:08 on day of Sleep in week 1 of the Raven's starfall in the year of 1064.

On 05/03/2017 at 1:30 AM, Anarres said:

But you had that time with affinity before, right? When time "stood still".

No, it still appeared to be ticking down normally.

There was a possible fix for this issue with the Hotfix of March 5 2017 and mentioned in today's patch notes.  http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/151851-patch-notes-10mar17/

I'd like to close this thread as these reports were prior to the fix.   Please DO open another bug report with details if this starts happening again (on any server).

Specify server and how long/often time stops.