Sign in to follow this  
bdew

[RELEASED] Bdew Client mods - New mod: FishBuddy - Updated Apr 09

No Winter

• Removes the winter season entirely from the game. Fall textures and settings will be used instead.

Download and source code: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/nowinter/releases

Improved Compass

• Compass always display heading (even when moving)
  • Compass mouse over will show exact coordinates, heading angle and height.

Download and source code: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/compass/releases

Better Tooltips

• Shows all ground tooltips regardless of active tool, skill level and/or distance
  • Tiles always show type and if they are flat, in addition the following will be shown:
    • Trees/bushes - age, sprout presence and harvestability
    • Fields - type, stage, tended status
    • Grass - flower type 
  • Animals will show their sex, and for horses also color in the tooltip.
  • Tile borders will always show slope
  • Tile corners show their absolute height (above sea level)

Download and source code: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/tooltips/releases

Custom Actions

Download and source code: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/action/releases

Max Toolbelt

• Shows a 10 slot toolbelt regardless of it's QL and existence.

Download and source code: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/toolbelt/releases

Time Lock

• Locks the time of day to a given time
  • In console type "timelock 12" to make it always noon or "timelock 12:34" to make it 12:34 (= 1:34 pm)
  • In console type "timelock off" to disable

Download and source code: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/timelock/releases

Skill Gain Tracker

• Adds a new window that automatically tracks skill gain and shows

• Current skill

• Gain since beginning of session

• Expected gain per hour (calculated from average gain in a moving window of up to 5 minutes)

• Average gain tick (over last 5 minutes)

• Toggle the window using the options menu, or bind it to a key with bind <key> "toggle_gain_tracker" (quotes are mandatory)

Download and source code: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/skilltrack/releases

Archeology Groups

• Makes archeology fragment grouping in inventory slightly saner.

Download and source code: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/archeogroup/releases

Privacy Mod

This mod hides you from the steam "players" page that shows all players on a server, even if you aren't friends in steam.

This is somewhat experimental, and unless you really care about being incognito is not recommended for general use.

See here for more details

Download and sources: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/privacy/releases

Scanner

An alternative to ESP that's super configurable but with a somewhat complex way to configure it.

Read the original post for full explanation

Download and sources: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/scanner/releases

FishBuddy

• Automates most things related to fishing
  • For rod/pole fishing just start a fishing action and it will keep casting and pulling in fish automatically until you stop it or your inventory fills up or you run out of fishing gear.
    • For now it relies on vanilla mechanics to replace baits/floats/etc. so you need the right skill level. In the future i might add an automated replace system too.
  • For spear fishing just start a fishing action and it will keep looking for fish, striking and restarting the action until you stop it or your inventory fills up.
  • Net fishing isn't well supported for now, it will restart the action but unless you have other means to clear the fish from the net it will stop once anything is caught. This will be improved in the future.
  • Your rod/pole/spear/net will be kept repaired automatically (but not anything inside them - this will be added in the future)

Downloads and sources: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/fishbuddy/releases

Installation

Disclaimer

All mods are for use with Wurm Unlimited only. Attempting to use with Wurm Online will not work and possibly lead to a ban.

All mods are open source and are licensed under LGPLv3

Want to support my modding? Consider throwing some money my way! 

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

Edited by bdew
  • Like 11

how can i prevent this compass mod from server side? for me this is a hack and unfair to others

• Like 1

You simply can't. There is no way to prevent a player from using a modified client, modloader or mod that gives him/her an advantage.

Even for the original WO client there's always the risk of someone using a hacked client. The server will check if the client has been modified but the hacked client could lie about that too. The obfuscated client and the ban hammer reduces the risk but there is no guarantee that everybody is playing by the rule.

32 minutes ago, Eject said:

some client mods should not be public

The problem is - how does anyone know what should or shouldn't be banned in this way? I have several directionally challenged people playing on my server. For them this mod is a life saver and banning it for them would effectively diminish their game. Since we don't PVP it also doesn't make sense to prevent them from having it.

57 minutes ago, Eject said:

I completely disagree with you.  You can tell players on your server that you don't want them to use this mod and they're free to play somewhere else.  That's all that should be necessary.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Eject said:

Not public means private. There will be players who have and use the mods and players who don't have access to the mod and are on the disadvantage.

Well, this mod is a double edged sword. On one side it helps the "directionally challenged", on the other side it completly kills the selling of player crafted and enchanted (WOA) compasses since no one needs them any longer. Instead of the urge to get a better (faster compass) you have a fully functional GPS-System right from the start.

And it is bundled with the often asked for "remove winter" feature, so you can only have both.

48 minutes ago, Bekador said:

Well, this mod is a double edged sword. On one side it helps the "directionally challenged", on the other side it completly kills the selling of player crafted and enchanted (WOA) compasses since no one needs them any longer. Instead of the urge to get a better (faster compass) you have a fully functional GPS-System right from the start.

And it is bundled with the often asked for "remove winter" feature, so you can only have both.

They appear to be listed as separate downloads, so you don't have to have both.

As someone that's planning to start a server (once I have all the hardware and a decent map in place) I can see a HUGE advantage of the no winter mod. 

14 hours ago, Nappy said:

The problem is - how does anyone know what should or shouldn't be banned in this way? I have several directionally challenged people playing on my server. For them this mod is a life saver and banning it for them would effectively diminish their game. Since we don't PVP it also doesn't make sense to prevent them from having it.

As others have voiced, I feel like the compass mod cheapens the Wurm experience. Wurm isn't meant to be a hold your hand game (though admittedly it is headed that direction, when I started you didn't even GET a compass). The compass mod, to me, is a huge slap to the spirit of adventure that makes Wurm so great.

1 hour ago, Bekador said:

It's 2 separate mods, you can have one without another.

44 minutes ago, Syphorus said:

As others have voiced, I feel like the compass mod cheapens the Wurm experience. Wurm isn't meant to be a hold your hand game (though admittedly it is headed that direction, when I started you didn't even GET a compass). The compass mod, to me, is a huge slap to the spirit of adventure that makes Wurm so great.

I've made and released those mods because i feel that they improve my own enjoyment of the game. If you disagree or feel that it cheapens your experience - don't use them.

If you want to force others (e.g. players on your server) to not use them, good luck with that - i have absolutely no way to help.

16 hours ago, Eject said:

It's a trivial mod, anyone with a bit of coding experience could do the same and use it privately. 

Edited by bdew
  • Like 1

Once again I will side on the side of personal freedom of choice. Unlike WO where capabilities are mandated, WU seems to be much more about choice. The mods that are provided give people the chance to exercise their choice and to play the game the way they want to play it.

I hope everyone who wants to create a mod, regardless of potential impact on game, does so. It's up to the server admins (for server mods) and actual players (for player side mods) to decide how best they enjoy the game.

~Nappy

• Like 2

please dont missunderstand me. This mod would be great if you are able to activate it from serverside, all other ways are a help to bypass the game mechanic and server settings and there is no way to prevent using this mod and get a fair gamebalance if you know what i mean

My english is not the best, so sorry for this pls

Edited by Eject

Just now, Eject said:

please dont missunderstand me. This mod would be great if you are able to activate it from serverside, all other ways are a help to bypass the game mechanic and server settings and there is no way to prevent using this mod and get a fair gamebalance if you know what i mean

You can't control that from server side. All that information needs to be always available to the client and anyone can make a mod to show it (it's maybe 5 lines of meaningful code tops, minus boilerplate).

Added better tooltips mod - Shows all ground tooltips regardless of active tool, skill level and/or distance.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bdew said:

Added better tooltips mod - Shows all ground tooltips regardless of active tool, skill level and/or distance.

Is this the correct location for the better tooltips mod? When going there it appears to be compass mod.

1 hour ago, Nappy said:

Is this the correct location for the better tooltips mod? When going there it appears to be compass mod.

oops! fixed.

Is it possible for the compass mod, when you are underground, to show the height of the surface above you?

On 1/18/2016 at 10:41 PM, Sindusk said:

Is it possible for the compass mod, when you are underground, to show the height of the surface above you?

I don't think the overworld map is transmitted to the client when you are underground unless you are really close to an entrance, but i'll look into it when i get the chance.

New mod - custom actions - https://github.com/bdew-wurm/action/releases/tag/v0.1

Allows keybinding pretty much any action

To use you need to figure out the numeric ID of the action.

1. open console and write

act_show on

2. rightclick something - you will see numbers next to commands

aY4voyx.jpg

3. open console and write 

bind <key> "act <id> hover"

2WXkmXf.jpg

4. press key

byOGuQp.jpg

5. ???

gCruBsl.jpg

6. profit

Instead of hover in the command (which targets whatever your mouse is on, like normal keybinds) - you can write "body" to target your body (for spells, etc.) or "tile" to target you are on (digging, etc.)

• Like 6

Loving these mods!  Great work!

Edited by Nomadikhan

Concerning the Custom Action mod.... Is there a command to turn the action numbers off? I've tried the command 'act_show off' and it says that they're off, but they still show when I open the right-click menus. Otherwise, very handy, thanks! It saved a lot of time when I wanted to GM destroy about 50 floors and walls, but not annihilate the entire multistory structure I was working on. Also, we can finally bind the paint terrain command. :D

Derp! You're right, act_show off doesn't actually work. I'll fix it when i get home.

And yeah it is pretty awesome for binding GM actions, used it myself to spam fences and paint terrain.

• Like 1