Sign in to follow this  
Dzhalagash

Huge tub + log, wiki broken?

In this page of the wiki it's stated that Huge Tub can contain up to 28 logs, therefore I crafted one for my forgery.
However, empirical experience suggest that this is a lie!
"The log will not fit in the huge tub".
It may be a plugin that's messing up, anybody else (possibly playing without plug ins) that can confirm this issue (or prove otherwise)?

EDIT: My tub is completely empty.

Edited by Dzhalagash
Forgotten important detail
  • Like 1

Logs won't fit into mine, I just checked both Wurm Unlimited and Wurm Online, so it appears to have nothing to do with mods. I would imagine something was changed when they made tubs useable for dying (since I can pick mine up now)

Does a small crate ruin the decor? Because thats a lot easier way to store logs.. just a little more ugly.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

I also tried to make a small crate, did it always behave like a Bulk Storage Bin by averaging the item quality and combining them? I tried to fit in my 34 remaining logs, including the high quality ones (>60) that I was keeping for improving, and now inside there's just 20 logs with 39 quality. I will ask permissions to update that wiki…

yes it works just like throwing them into a BSB, combines and averages, sorry. Since you mentioned a forge, I was thinking it was wood for weapon and tool shafts/handles. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Don't worry, you have nothing to do with me crafting a small crate, in the wiki it doesn't state that it behaves like a BSB, and it seemed a nice solution for my wood high quality wood, but now I'm out of options. I already have a BSB where I am storing lower quality wood and stone shards BTW. I don't even know if the Huge Tub actually decreases the decay rate of items inside it.

Edited by Dzhalagash
I was not clear enough

Did you plant your bsb? If you did (or still do that) you can plant another bsb which greatly overlaps your first one (and another and another and... if so wished). Just leave them a bit sticking out from each other, and by selecting on those stuck-out corners you can get the right bsb to open to add things (you could do same with small crates too btw, just unload them almost on top of each other).

Edit: as far as I know logs will decay normally inside a huge tub...

Edited by Kianga
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kianga said:

Did you plant your bsb? If you did (or still do that) you can plant another bsb which greatly overlaps your first one (and another and another and... if so wished). Just leave them a bit sticking out from each other, and by selecting on those stuck-out corners you can get the right bsb to open to add things (you could do same with small crates too btw, just unload them almost on top of each other).

Edit: as far as I know logs will decay normally inside a huge tub...

This solution is very simple, yet it will work great!
I'm playing on a private server with few friends, power playing like stacking crates or dirt bridges are not allowed, but my small crate plus the BSB will do just fine. I will add high quality materials in the small crate and everything else in the BSB.

• Like 1

Planted bsbs are the bomb! Also, a large crate (though as Brash said they are quite non-decor friendly) holds more logs than a bsb. Crates are by item count and bsbs are by volume.