Sign in to follow this  
Herrfritz

Let legendary Carpenters build 100 required houses pretty please.

Just as the title says.

Let accomplished legendary carpenters (true 100) build/plan houses that require 100. Or maybe add a tiny bit of buff to a rare/supreme mallet to do so.

Or maybe just in general add +1/+2/+3 skill to rare/supreme/fantastic mallets/hammers for planning houses.

It is not really gamebreaking and some layouts would require just 100 or 102 carpentry to get it symmetric or into the right shape.

• Like 11

This would be great to see for any true 100 skill.  Unlocking a special ability or skill boost.  for Carp, I'd rather see it open up 10-20% larger build plans, maybe the 11th floor in height?  Something functional.  Titles are cool and all, but useless.

• Like 4

Agreed. It doesn't have to be a large bonus, just the 1 extra wall or tile seems right.

Bonuses I'm fine with.  Locking players out of content who don't have 100 carp?  I'm strongly against.

100 carpentry should NEVER be a realistic goal in order for someone to be able to build something.  It's just not attainable for the vast majority of players.

On 12/18/2015 at 9:59 AM, Proximo said:

Bonuses I'm fine with.  Locking players out of content who don't have 100 carp?  I'm strongly against.

Uhm... wouldn't it be the same as locking players who don't have 90 carp from building 90 carp size?

And +1

Must be something in synaptic wiring, but the awesome ideas always seem to wind up at 105ish carp >_<

• Like 5

But we're not talking about size I thought.  It sounds like the OP is asking for special 100 carp only house designs/wall plans, etc etc.

Sorry but nobody should be asked to grind to 100 anything in this game just to have access to content.  That's not an realistic goal for people with jobs/families and what not.

Oh wall TYPES for 100... nah that's a bit whacked I agree, Proximo.. misread what you meant.

Minor derail on that note, on the crafting (not building) side, aka sellable stuff... have weaponsmiths unlock certain weapon improvements, blacksmiths/carpenters for tools, etc... would make some sense... say faster mauls after modifying a "normal" one.  Someone make a separate thread =P  

(Or more seriously, have hitting the lv100 title give you the equivalent of your tools having +1 level of rarity when using that skill ... so smithing tools would only "act rare" for a lv100 WS when working a weapon, not a small anvil)

Edited by Mordraug
  • Like 2

+1 for both tiny planning bonuses thanks to 100 carpentry and better mallet/hammer. :)

//in hasEnoughSkillToExpandStructure
double knowledge = carpentry.getRealKnowledge() >= 99.999996D ? 100.0 : carpentry.getRealKnowledge();

//And then change
else if((double)limit > carpentry.getRealKnowledge())
//to
else if((double)limit > knowledge)

Very similar to the legendary titles. It's very simple to implement.

• Like 1

Yep, just needs to be special-cased as Thorgot mentioned.

If anyone's curious, the reason 100 carpenters can't plan 100-requirement houses is because, strictly speaking, you never actually reach 100 in a skill, so you're always below that requirement.

• Like 1

+1 if you're grinding out a skill to 100, should at least have the bonuses

Skill capes for 100 skill

+1 buff when worn with the title