Sign in to follow this  
ago

[RELEASED] Live Map

I did ensure the latest versions, and definitely ran the patcher.  I'm not getting any error messages, just no livemap

So after the 1.1.1.1 update, when I lost livemap, here's what I did:

1. ran patcher.bat again, just in case

2. re-uploaded all the files (client modlauncher and livemap), extracted to WurmLauncher to overwrite the ones already in there

3. ran patcher.bat again

4. turned off computer and back on again, then re-started Steam and Wurm Unlimited

EDIT:  When I ran patcher, I got a notepad-looking window with a message to press any key to continue.  That's why I believe I did successfully run it.  Maybe I'm wrong?

Edited by Jennabutterfly
edit

That sounds about right, post the log and i'll look at it, maybe it's some error in the mod or something that preventing it from loading.

Added: You know that you can toggle the live map window on/off from the main menu, right? :P

Edited by bdew

On 9/20/2016 at 3:33 PM, Sindusk said:

Here's the version that allows you to see uncovered veins/through walls:

LiveMap [Edited] (Google Drive)

I'm probably going to get absolutely slaughtered for posting it, but honestly it's deleting 3 lines. Anyone with basic programming knowledge who can decompile and recompile a program can do this. I see no reason to leave the people who are unable to code "out of the loop" I guess you could say.

No need for you to get slaughtered (grin).

For server owners who really don't want this functionality on their server, the key to controlling the ability to see veins through walls is to filter the data stream coming from the server so that the server only provides what the ingame player should be able to see if they were only using their ingame eyes to see. Take special care of things like underground floor heights and expect to discover some weird behaviour as you continue to explore removing the unneeded data that goes to the client.

Bearmods does more then just the livemap change posted above however in most cases a similar server side technique can be used to limit or remove the advantages it gives.

Personally I am glad that Sindusk posted his version. It evens the playing field somewhat so that those playing in bearmods environments have the ability to compete. Once this equality point is reached then it's just a matter of deciding if allowing or disallowing the functionality supports the playing environment that you want on your server.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nappy said:

No need for you to get slaughtered (grin).

For server owners who really don't want this functionality on their server, the key to controlling the ability to see veins through walls is to filter the data stream coming from the server so that the server only provides what the ingame player should be able to see if they were only using their ingame eyes to see. Take special care of things like underground floor heights and expect to discover some weird behaviour as you continue to explore removing the unneeded data that goes to the client.

Bearmods does more then just the livemap change posted above however in most cases a similar server side technique can be used to limit or remove the advantages it gives.

Personally I am glad that Sindusk posted his version. It evens the playing field somewhat so that those playing in bearmods environments have the ability to compete. Once this equality point is reached then it's just a matter of deciding if allowing or disallowing the functionality supports the playing environment that you want on your server.

A better reception than I expected given some of what I've posted in the past. I echo your sentiments and feel that non-destructive mods should be made public and allow the server owners to handle their rules and management around it as they see fit.

I don't forsee myself ever posting the client side flight mod for example (which I admittedly tested on Desolation, actually - sorry about that one). However, I did send the source code (of client side flight and many of the other mods I created) to the developers at CodeClub a while back. If they intend to fix it, they will.

4 minutes ago, Sindusk said:

A better reception than I expected given some of what I've posted in the past. I echo your sentiments and feel that non-destructive mods should be made public and allow the server owners to handle their rules and management around it as they see fit.

I don't forsee myself ever posting the client side flight mod for example (which I admittedly tested on Desolation, actually - sorry about that one). However, I did send the source code (of client side flight and many of the other mods I created) to the developers at CodeClub a while back. If they intend to fix it, they will.

Grin - I knew about and observed your "test" on DesolationV3 when it happened. It's one of the many "extras" that we didn't publicly report but that we put in the backlog for future development work to correct. Any chance you would privately share the "how you did it" so we can attempt addressing it on DesV4?

The anti-cheat mod will always be playing a sort of catch-up on what the common cheat methods/approaches are. We can (and do) even anticipate things people will try but in a community with many talented brains (you, Zek and many, many others) there will be creative approaches to things that we haven't discovered. The more information we have, the more we can do to try to create a fair playing field so that everyone can join the server knowing they are going to have a game based on strategy and tactics rather then exploits and "inside the code" secrets.

~Nappy

Not the right thread, but, has the buffer overflow hack that can crash the server been countered/fixed.

7 hours ago, Nappy said:

Grin - I knew about and observed your "test" on DesolationV3 when it happened. It's one of the many "extras" that we didn't publicly report but that we put in the backlog for future development work to correct. Any chance you would privately share the "how you did it" so we can attempt addressing it on DesV4?

The anti-cheat mod will always be playing a sort of catch-up on what the common cheat methods/approaches are. We can (and do) even anticipate things people will try but in a community with many talented brains (you, Zek and many, many others) there will be creative approaches to things that we haven't discovered. The more information we have, the more we can do to try to create a fair playing field so that everyone can join the server knowing they are going to have a game based on strategy and tactics rather then exploits and "inside the code" secrets.

~Nappy

Yeah. I'll send you the source in a PM right now.

It would be great if you could do so you can see with way you are facing on the map.

Edited by Elsa
Typos....

Hello Ago,

I'm trying to build a modification of the live map mod v 1.3.1 (changing colors) but I'm having issues with Maven.  It can't find the the common-client dependency.  This is also happening when trying to build the client modloader.  The server modloader sources are building without error, so it looks like it's just the client, but I can't find a common-client project anywhere.

modules/steam-files has the project that pulls the files from steam via steamcmd and packages it.

it requires modules/steam-files/build.properties

steamcmd=C:/Steamcmd/Steamcmd
steamuser=username
steampasswd=password

running "mvn install" in that directory will login to steam, load the wurm client and package the client.jar and common.jar into artifacts.

This will log you off the steam client. You'll have to log off and back in after

Edited by ago

Thanks Ago, this is getting me closer. :)  I created the build.properties file inside the modules\steam-files directory and updated the three properties for my steamcmd path and steam credentials.  But when I run "mvn install" in that directory I get this error:

[ERROR]   The project org.gotti.wurmunlimited:steam-client-files:0.18-SNAPSHOT (C:\Programming\WurmClientModLauncher-0.4\modules\steam-files\pom.xml) has 1 error
[ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM for org.gotti.wurmunlimited:steam-client-files:0.18-SNAPSHOT: Could not find artifact org.gotti.wurmunlimited:client-modlauncher-parent:pom:0.18-SNAPSHOT and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @ line 10, column 10 -> [Help 2]

The directory tree I'm doing all of this in looks like this:

WurmClientModLauncher-0.4

- modules

- - dist

- - modlauncher

- - mods

- - patcher

- - steam-files

This is from the .zip version of the source files.  Sorry for all of the questions, I'm just really new to Maven.  I didn't have any problems modifying and compiling LiveMap 1.2 :)

The version information is broken. Please change the two occurances of <version>0.18-SNAPSHOT</version> to <version>0.4</version>

I guess that was left over from copying the project from the server mod loader

10 hours ago, ago said:

The version information is broken. Please change the two occurances of <version>0.18-SNAPSHOT</version> to <version>0.4</version>

I guess that was left over from copying the project from the server mod loader

Sweet, now I'm able to compile the live map, thank you!

Thank you for this splendid modification.

Is there a command I can use to bind the map window to a key? (Ideally a bind that would toggle the window to be visible/hidden.)

Edit: Found out how,

bind [yourkey] "toggle livemap"

Edited by Adambean

I've already looked up the list of each vein colours in the mine, via source code, but could you create a legend for each colour of the veins, if possible?

Thanks.

On 1/4/2017 at 10:21 AM, Daedalus said:

I've already looked up the list of each vein colours in the mine, via source code, but could you create a legend for each colour of the veins, if possible?

Thanks.

You can learn the colors by using Mapviewer (which you can then actually toggle which ores you want to view) but I know how much people want this so I will assist:

Caves (Peach colored), Lava (Idk what color it is, my maps show none), Iron, Gold, Zinc, Marble, Slate, Lead, Copper, Tin, Silver, Adamantine, Glimmersteel

7qvHW5i.png

You're welcome.

Edited by Roushi

by autorun if you have to put it in the console as command

On 3/3/2017 at 10:40 AM, bdew said:

I'm just going to leave this here:

CLuvr3E.png

To get QL info you need to give it the server size using "serversize 1024" / "serversize 2048" / "serversize 4096" etc in the console. If anyone knows a way to get this automatically please tell me :P

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cvms9bpc7uuu3d4/livemap.zip?dl=0

PSA: When you place it in console or in autorun you have to do it without the quotations..

On 1/10/2017 at 4:48 PM, Roushi said:

You can learn the colors by using Mapviewer (which you can then actually toggle which ores you want to view) but I know how much people want this so I will assist:

Caves (Peach colored), Lava (Idk what color it is, my maps show none), Iron, Gold, Zinc, Marble, Slate, Lead, Copper, Tin, Silver, Adamantine, Glimmersteel

7qvHW5i.png

You're welcome.

how did you get it to show veins you've yet to uncover?

Hi,

will there be an updated Version with rocksalt and sandstone veins in the near future?

• Like 1