Sign in to follow this  
jpiolho

Sawrio - 1x Rates

Sawrio

Sawrio is a PvE 1x rate server aiming to provide the original wurm experience and expand upon it. The server is almost 2 months old and some of the original objectives are being met, namely having a small friendly and quality community and we wish to continue expanding with this in mind, we prioritize quality over quantity.

World Map

Spoiler

cMGm4rA.png

wrWf63q.png

Screenshots

Spoiler

sDwzyzD.jpg

kPWLzuR.jpg

JibMfyN.jpg

ZmaTXhZ.jpg

kxmd7kP.jpg

H9JcvMd.jpg

0DnwkC1.jpg

Main points

• Rates are 1x - The rates have been adjusted to match closely as possible to Wurm Online, to keep providing that original experience. This includes the skills, actions, growing, tree spread, animal pregnancy.
  • World is 1024x1024 - The size is perfect for the current amount of players and will be expanded as needed. For example a landmass was added to the map recently.
  • Mods - Expand the experience
  • Deeds are NOT free - Gives more of a challenge, and ultimately everything will return to nature.
  • Friendly and quality community - It's very akin to the Wurm Online community
  • Everything is player built - The admins are not providing artificial boosts to anyone
  • Active community - Chances are there's always someone in the server at all times. High peaks during evenings and weekends.
  • Newbie friendly - We guide and help newbie players into Wurm

Mods

• JPWM mods: Clay Removal, Offspring Names, Fishing Sounds, Deed
  • In-game Map support

Links

Other Features

• We have a Discord server, where people chat via text and talk via voice
  • Active mod development, we listen to people request for features and we implement them as a mod.

Join us in the server "Sawrio"! We'll be waiting.

Edited by jpiolho

We now have a community map made by our player Bubblebox.

Spoiler

wrWf63q.png

Edited by jpiolho

My favorite server!  I bounced around a few different WU servers for a bit before ending up here in Sawrio.  Here's why Sawrio stuck:

• Great server with a friendly and helpful community
  • GM is super active and knowledgeable and even makes custom mods!
  • There's a nice mix of veteran and new players
  • Still plenty of unclaimed territory.  Great time to find that perfect spot and really make it yours.   
  • With the server being 1x skill rate, it's as close to the classic Wurm experience as you'll get with a few minor tweaks like fishing sounds and being able to name animals
  • A fair system to earn in-game currency - real money doesn't buy you an advantage

It's been amazing to watch and take part in the progression of the land.  Come be a part of it! 

Edited by Kits

On 12/19/2015 at 5:35 PM, Hashtag said:

Joining right now as hype_banzer

Aww must have missed you!  There's usually at least one person on the server at any given time with peak time being around 18:00 GMT.  The public mine right by the starting town has a good variety of ores to get you started on making tools and some coin.  Hope to see you soon! ^_^

Aye this is a great server. Everyone is super friendly even with noobs like me! :D

Hope many more will join soon! ;)

Great server - extremely helpful for a total noob.  A very friendly place to retire to after many years of war-gaming!  My scar-covered body is slowly recovering from the battlefields of Europe, but the blisters on my hands show up my lack of manual work.   Sawrio needs you, but you need Sawrio :)

Well I had a very auspicious start today. First time I touched iron with my pickaxe I rolled a rare. One hour later made a rare small anvil.

Now I don't know if I want to use it or trade it but, something tells me I'm going to give this world a shot.

I set up camp just outside Sawrio to grind some basic skills for now. Drop by and say hi.

Is everything wurmlike here, even creature rates?

I have been on Sawrio for about a year now.  This is truly a hardcore - but newbie friendly - server.  If you want to feel like a pioneer and carve out your piece of the world - the Sawrio might be good for you.  Everyone is welcome and griefers are rare - partially because the active "gods" tend to be nasty once they are aroused (nobody likes being eaten by a dragon, not even griefers).

Leveling is tough though - it is a 1X server.  But you sure feel GOOD when you see your skill progress.  The 1X makes it wise to choose to specialize because nobody has enough time to be good at everything.

Active "gods" try to ensure that if nobody on the server is capable of crafting or enchanting at the level you require, you have a way to get that 60QL Pickaxe with 60COC (you will likely need to pay though).

That is my 2-irons.