Sign in to follow this  
Ostentatio

[Fixed] Wine barrel bonuses don't work

In Item.Poll(), specifically the section related to wine's "positive decay", there is a bonus value based on the wine being in a small wine barrel, that barrel's rarity, and whether or not that barrel is made out of oak.

However, that variable never seems to be used!

The variable ought to be declared at the beginning of the "if (this.template.positiveDecay)" block, so that it can be used in the "positive decay" call to setQualityLevel(). That function call then would need to be modified to take that bonus into account.

This is, of course, all assuming that this bonus is intended to work, and has not been dummied out intentionally.

• Like 3

While I'm at it, it also looks like wine ages more slowly while in a house or on deed, sort of like how normal decay works. This is venturing more into suggestion territory, but I feel like maybe this isn't intended behavior, or that maybe wine (and "positive decay" items in general) should age just as quickly in a structure/deed. As is, there's a big incentive to keep your wine barrel in a fenced-in area in your perimeter or something instead, which is a bit odd. Again, not sure what the intended behavior is here.

Edited by Ostentatio

Just curious how does an off deed mine effect this. I believe mines slow decay if I remember correctly but would this better the wine vs above ground off deed in a fence?

Looked into it, and it appears that, for the purposes of decay, something being underground is treated as being inside a structure.

Currently, these also slow the aging "decay" of wine. So, right now, to maximize decay (including wine aging), you'd want it above-ground, off-deed, and not in a building.

Bumping to see if there's any confirmation one way or the other on this.

Offdeed fence storage for wine is my favorite find. ;)

A donut house would solve that disappearing wine problem though, just saying.

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 1

This has not slipped past us, thanks for the report.

This will be worked on and maybe changed a bit along with the cooking changes being worked on - so I've added the issue to future fixes.

• Like 1