Sign in to follow this  
McGarnicle

I love the "Featured Topics" side bar on the forums!

The featured topics sidebar is a great addition to the forums. I always felt that recent topics was redundant as anyone looking for recent topics would be browsing the recent activity section anyway. The Featured Topics gives a quick way to access the big news and dev posts. I just hope that everything of interest makes its way there because my fear would be that I will become too complacent and not check the city hall/website news sections as often. I will assume that the important posts will be in the featured topics bar. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I think this is a great idea and I will be making use of it often.

• Like 5

I don't like it myself. I got used to looking trough some fresh topics while playing Wurm and i really hope that there will be an option to change this back to how it was.

• Like 3

I dont mind it but i would still like to see a section for the new topics too. I used that to see what new things were being posted without having to go through all the forums at the time. 

Edit: there is plenty of space to list both the new featured posts, the new topics and below all that the server stats. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 2

I love the featured topics, and would also like to see New topics. 

• Like 1

Also if you do both the featured and the new topics it would be nice to have an option to collapse sections you dont want to view like we can in the main parts of the forums. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

I really like the featured topics. A much needed feature, imo.   Thanks so much to whoever added it.  :)

Nothing wrong with options I guess, if they add one, but I wouldn't use it.  I didn't like the new topics because there was no way to tell if a new topic was WO or WU unless the title gave it away somehow.  It was very irritating to click on one that was worded such that it might be for WO, only to find that it was WU.  I had stopped looking at it altogether.

Featured Topics: 60% City Hall threads, 40% Website News threads.

The only reason they switched to featured topics, is because recent topics was showing threads from the GM only section.

Edited by Dairuka
  • Like 2

LOL more like the Recent Topics showed up 90 percent 'WTS Such and Such'

I'm with Kegan I'd like to see a Recent Topic / post and a Featured.  Or even better and option that allows us to choose wich section we want to see recent posts from and 'Hot' topics, like select this topic add to side bar 'hot topics' instead of having to follow topics.

it really sucks now. same old topics day in day out is gonna get old fast.

also my anarchist side says, its just an attempt at censorship and

damage control. 

For those of you who are missing the recent posts box you can head over here and create yourself a feed and customise it to your liking, i.e. ignore some forum sections and only look at others. Not a fix for the missing list, but still helpful nevertheless.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/discover/

What do we want?

new topic back.

When do we want?

NOW!!!!!!