Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

News #88 Going up?

header.png

It's been a week of fun and feedback here with some awesome additions coming your way, the Community Relations team is working hard on collecting feedback and finding out what's important to you. I'll also be appearing ingame to chat with Freedomers this weekend, so keep your eyes peeled!.

Patch Notes

Spoiler
December 2, 2015
  • You can now sit on most chairs and benches thanks to Warlander!
  • A long lingering memory leak in the game client has finally been found and fixed. Thanks go to Mikael Nordell/Danoob for profiling opengl and explaining the solution!
  • Artifact power and recharge messages are now more accurate.
  • Added time until PMK titles refresh to Appointments window.
  • Added a bury all action, which will bury the corpse and anything on it. Reverted Bury so it only bury the corpse.
  • Fix so dragging a locked item into a container, does not change ownership.
  • Another fix to bashing damage for unfinished walls and fences.
  • Fix so splitting zombie milk keeps its zombie flag. (Also fix for zombie Zombie milk)
  • Removed the 10% loss on making scale and drake armour.
  • Fix for almost ripe messages on harvestable bushes and trees.
  • Fix so diagonal roadways don’t revert to non-diagonal version when dug.
  • Bugfix for time getting out of hand (as noted on Xanadu).
  • Added possibility to see slopes with trowel.
  • Fixed bury bind so it works on corpses in inventory. Added Bury_All keybind.

Developments:

This week included a client update with a fix to the memory leak that has plagued the game for some time. While we have eliminated some issues, there are still others that need addressing, Tamlin(a.k.a. Danoob) will be joining the development team to help iron these out.

Warlander has been busy adding to the list of sitting options, as well as ironing out a few (amusing) bugs related to sitting, There is currently a screenshot thread dedicated to showing just how relaxed you can be sitting down in wurm, check it out here.

Digging!

Another upcoming change will be that digging will now work similar to mining, with the dirt appearing on the tile, as opposed to into your inventory. This will only be for digging, and levelling/flattening will continue to work as it does currently.

Stairs!

Our dev team has been looking at more stair options, including left aligned, right aligned, and whole tile, but thats not all, they've even working on a spiral staircase as shown here!:

spiralstairs.jpg

stairs2.jpg

Winter plans

Many of you will have seen our  "Plan for a plan" thread here. We're continuing to read through that and take feedback on ideas proposed within that thread. Make sure you make time for our IRC chat on Tuesday, the 8th at 17.00 hrs CET (8 am PST), you can access IRC ingame by typing "irc" (without the quotation marks) into the console, or via the IRC-Chat link at the top of the forums. For convenience sake I've included an event timer below:

auction_timer_E1449590437.gif

Question of the week

We all have that one special tool or weapon that we treasure above all else, what is your prized possession?

Weekly media

This week is a youtube video from the Jenn-Kellon kingdom on Chaos, showing some pretty awesome PVP (Bonus points if you can spot the archer who seems new to it all). We hope to visit all pvp kingdoms in the new year and give everyone the chance to share whats great about their kingdom.

That's it for this week folks, remember to join us in IRC next Tuesday!

Keep on Wurming!

Retrograde and the Wurm team.

• Like 19

Good stuff here Retrograde. I just worry about the pvp implications of the digging to the ground. For the record, I don't pvp but I have done some pvp related reading here and know they avoid shooting rock shards at fences because the shards can be used to repair the fence. The same seems like it would be the case with digging. But it could promote pvp by needing to kill the dirt dropping enemy as you dig. :lol:

Can I be the first to say that the JK Video is very sad.........

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Audrel said:

Good stuff here Retrograde. I just worry about the pvp implications of the digging to the ground. For the record, I don't pvp but I have done some pvp related reading here and know they avoid shooting rock shards at fences because the shards can be used to repair the fence. The same seems like it would be the case with digging. But it could promote pvp by needing to kill the dirt dropping enemy as you dig. :lol:

The Digging feature is still being planned out :)

I've lent some of my PvP experience to the discussion.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Keenan said:

The Digging feature is still being planned out :)

I've lent some of my PvP experience to the discussion.

All good. They already have carry limits and must have some method of storing/destroying it in their strategies. It might actually be a good thing as it will make PvP a bit more robust and a little more challenging when your sappers have to deal with engineers fixing the sapping. The stairs are what interest me, being a Freedomer. 

Changed the date! I had caused some confusion in the other thread. It's on Tuesday, people - not Thursday!

• Like 5

I didn't answer the question of the week! Mine is a rare pickaxe with 85 CoC. But since I have two premium characters, I have a second favorite on my alter personality and that is a rare longspear. 

When will we be adding the Cloth items promised like 10 patches ago.. you had the pic go up for them and i seen them get added when patching.. still don't show in game

• Like 4

What about the amazon payments on xsolla? Have been announced 2 weeks ago and theyre still nowhere.

Most cherished items were my 99coc puppets, then Oreo had to go kill me and stuff 

Its so funny how people end up in kingdoms that match them perfectly.

• Like 1

Any plans for horses, carts or wagons going up stairs/ramps in a house?

• Like 1

probably why you shouldnt link kingdom videos, it upsets one side heavily and they get salty

• Like 2

Eh?

I tore out my main staircase to build something new and cool, uh, still just the old stair options!

Did I miss something?

Awesome updates btw!

All that MR want for Chaos community is to make everyone quit and after that they complain that there`s no pvp on the server at all.

3 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Eh?

I tore out my main staircase to build something new and cool, uh, still just the old stair options!

Did I miss something?

Awesome updates btw!

The staircases will be in a future update. The Reveal-thing has the current updates in it.

3 minutes ago, BadLuckBurt said:

The staircases will be in a future update. The Reveal-thing has the current updates in it.

Ah, didn't need to get to those upper floors anyways!

• Like 3

Also I have traveled from one side of exodus to the other and back again without once having to reboot the client due to 'tundra mountain chop' as we called the memory leak problem.

Very nice!

(please fix lag from turrets now)

Omg, please look into u-shaped and L-shaped stairs!

Edited by Huntar
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Digging!

Another upcoming change will be that digging will now work similar to mining, with the dirt appearing on the tile, as opposed to into your inventory. This will only be for digging, and levelling/flattening will continue to work as it does currently.

Please don't bother unless you include leveling and flattening. You will mess up a perfectly good mod for WU, that make terraforming a much more pleasant and much less "clicky" experience.

Edited by conmcb25

4 minutes ago, conmcb25 said:

Please don't bother unless you include leveling and flattening. You will mess up a perfectly good mod for WU, that make terraforming a much more pleasant and much less "clicky" experience.

I can see the problem the devs see with adding this feature to the leveling and flattening processes. It would allow you to start a leveling action and then walk away from the computer and you would potentially be able to perform 100 actions without looking at the computer again. I personally feel that leveling already makes terraforming very easy and I don't think this new feature needs to be added to it.

2 minutes ago, McGarnicle said:

I can see the problem the devs see with adding this feature to the leveling and flattening processes. It would allow you to start a leveling action and then walk away from the computer and you would potentially be able to perform 100 actions without looking at the computer again. I personally feel that leveling already makes terraforming very easy and I don't think this new feature needs to be added to it.

How would this differ from leveling rock?

• Like 2