Sign in to follow this  
validate

wandering on costs, after the month, how much useage ect.. adds to the cost

wandering on costs, after the month, how much useage ect.. adds to the cost?

I would like to set up a server since i can't from home.  but i'd like to be cheapish about it.  i read some are 6-7$ a month.  if thats all it costs great.   i'd like to max out at $15 US a month if I had  a good player base.  , my first month would just be testing and allowing players to speed level and have fun. testing out the serverload.  start our with max skills and everyone with that thing thats lets you create items for building.  then reset server and keep dedicated.

mainly I'd like to hear from those who haver servers up and have past the first month, was the bill subscription what was expected? or higher,  a little or a lot higher?  ect...

Hello Validate,

With us at CitadelServers, you pay a set, fixed fee for resources you use per month or quarterly\6\12 months (You recieve a discount for extended periods). A 1GB RAM base server starts at just $7.60 USD with us and you can upgrade features including RAM at any time. This would be perfect for you testing your server and when your ready, you can reset the server with a click of the button to go into production for players to play on. We offer a fully intergrated solution where you can edit server settings straight from our game control panel, no sqlite editing like other hosts and you can also setup GM's with wands too. We also support the mod loader which can be installed with one click and have custom map support. Feel free contact us if you have further questions, we have a thread here

i just joined your service about 2 hrs ago.  like the pricing, 

but still can't get the basic default server up and running.  waiting for support. 

but almost 3:30 am need to head to bed, wife going to kill me.

I hope to get it up soon, so i can add my custom map and mods to it. 

I brought a VDS at wholesaleinternet.net on the cheap 4GB ram.
You only really need 2-3GB unless you are going to max out stuff and load 4+k maps.
However. if you can't even get it running with citadel's control panel. You might find command line Debian harder.

If at a later point you decide it's not working for you with shared game server companies and want to try a VDS etc. I'm happy to teach you and help you set it up. Just PM me.

• Like 1

i got it to load the default server. didn't see the server name i created when buying the server slot.  it changed to wurm unlimited server, took me 3 hrs but found it.  was very late, had to get sleep.  now going to try to add my files to it and see.  I also choose them as I wanted to add a web site and have it hosted.  very cheap hosting web page fees

On 3.12.2015, 08:49:13, CitadelServers said:

We also support the mod loader which can be installed with one click 

Thats not true ;)

i thought the same, just clickin in the GP on a button and the modloader will be installed auto.

No, you have to upload all files via ftp and then write a ticket and wait until one of the support activating the modloader :D or do you mean the click on the "send ticket" button ;)

But yes, Citadele is a good service, i am here one month and i will stay in the future

Edited by Eject

On 04/12/2015, 18:57:28, Eject said:

Thats not true ;)

i thought the same, just clickin in the GP on a button and the modloader will be installed auto.

No, you have to upload all files via ftp and then write a ticket and wait until one of the support activating the modloader :D or do you mean the click on the "send ticket" button ;)

But yes, Citadele is a good service, i am here one month and i will stay in the future

That used to be the case but over two weeks ago we added a one click install button under the mod manager

• Like 1

ah ok :) so sorry

Edited by Eject