Sign in to follow this  
Hashirama

Poker

Hey guys, was curious about how many players in our community play poker like me :D
I play almost everyday and am getting really good at it now. Won a free tournament some months ago and got 200 bucks for it. There were around 12k players in the tournament I think and I came 1st \o/

Anyone else playing on any of the softwares? or irl if not online?

For those who do not know much about Texas holdem poker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPa78_YJtOk

Share your experiences and achievements please. :)

Edited by Hashirama

I play poker everyday for at least 3 hours, I go on pokerstars as well as betonline.

• Like 2

I used to play strip poker professionally. I gave it up though because the performance enhancing drugs scene within the sport is rampant right now which just ruins it imo.  

• Like 7

I used to play poker like you Hashi, but then i took a bad Skyrim joke to the knee.

Many years ago we played poker daily, both online as with friends. It was really good, especially with friends and a ton of alcohol. These days I rarely play it anymore.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Emoo said:

I used to play strip poker professionally. I gave it up though because the performance enhancing drugs scene within the sport is rampant right now which just ruins it imo.  

Well if that isn't the best post on these forums, I dunno what is lol.

I used to play on Pokerstars regularly, just micro 6max NLHE along with some sitngos.

Great fun and a lot to learn...although I'm just kicking myself that I didn't started 10 years ago during 'the good old days'. I played a little back then, but being under 18, never for real money. I did watch people though...and it was easy pickings that's for sure. Now though, the rake on pokerstars is pretty high at micro and you can go on quite large up/down swings so need a decent sized bankroll compared to your stake.

Also, the sit and goes are way too nitty now. When I first played them, you could basically just fold your way to the bubble. Now, you usually hit the push/fold stage with 4/5 players rather than 2-3 and even all 6 make it that far at times. So the only real edge you can have is push/fold ranges and position...probably not giving you much edge.

Might pick it up again now that I've got a decent job again with some disposable income.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Emoo said:

Especially the performance-enhancing Fosters.

niHKgiC.jpg?1

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Egard said:

I play poker everyday for at least 3 hours, I go on pokerstars as well as betonline.

I saw a player named Egaard1 or maybe it was Egaard2 when I was on pokerstars some day back. Any chance that was you? :D
I play on pokerstars too, spend hours and hours in online poker

I used to play on PokerStars and somewhere else, but it was some years back now.  Similarly I used to play with friends pretty much every Friday - now we mostly play board games instead.

• Like 1

Guys guys great news: i got staking from indianpokerpros.com

Now i can sit back and play big stakes without having to worry about bankroll.

Thought I would share, so happy about it ^_^

• Like 1

New updates on my score:

Came around 80th (forgot exact number) out of 65k people in micromillions pokerstar tournament (buy in 22 dollars)- Won 961 dollars for my rank. 1st prize was 122k dollars, so close to 1st, after clearing a playfield of 64k players, remaining 70 or so seemed so easy but thats when things get toughs caus only pros remain in the end.

Had a lot of fun, about 10-12 hour session, GG

• Like 1

I play from time to time, nothing at a pro level tournament but enjoy it casually

Edited by Mclovin
  • Like 1

Use to poker daily; however, the complaints and excuses started.

Nothing professional like Emoo though.

Playing around 100$ buy in tourney today on Spartanpoker.com

1st prize up for grabs will be around 15k$.

The hype is real!!

On 12/3/2015 at 10:01 PM, Emoo said:

F*ck I make myself laugh...

• Like 3

Tournament busto:

Lost half stack with A-K against a guy who shoved A-10 (shoved for 10-15 BB i think).
Then last hand lost with A-K suited to Jacks.

Rank was around 200 among 550ish players.

GG not even min cash lol

On 2015-12-03 at 0:01 PM, Emoo said:

tumblr_static_c36p0s21hfs4oo0s4gwcs4kw8.

• Like 4

Transitioning to live poker now! bankroll is a bit short but I happen to play every few days now :D

Mostly whatever am earning online am just spending live :P its so much fun though, the cards, the feel, the game \o/

• Like 1