Sign in to follow this  
PassiveMiniroll

Trowel Skill

We have sickle/saw/rake/shovel etc as a misc skill, why not trowel?

As a bricklayer this makes me sad, because trowels can be deadly if you use it right!

I propose for people already with masonry skill to get 1/2 or 2/3 of what their skill is in masonry as trowel skill to make up for not having it from the start.

Would be neat to use a trowel in combat like you can a sickle/scythe/pickaxe etc etc.

More skills can be fun (turrets hello?) but I don't like the idea of new skills that are directly related to something else that now gives a disadvantage.  Like, I have 96 masonry, I've built god knows how many house walls, now I'd start with at best 48 trowel, which is a pretty big disadvantage.  Newer accounts or people without masonry skill get the bonus of having not built anything yet and will get the tool skill

Ibetter would like to see a few skills removed which seem to not do much. unless sickle and scythe which can be weapons why is there a rake skill? What is that good for?  The rake can only be used for farming and therefore should be 100% related to farming. It's just another skill of not much purpose. Sycthes however related to gardening, fighting and forestry. So it has some kind of sense to exist. But those tools that related only to one skill, don't need it at all.

Yeah, maybe swap artifacts/turrets for some useful skills.

Even have the trowel skill just be masonry skill -20 which would be pretty fair.

Definitely needs to have a skill though, you cant just pick up a trowel and instantly know how to use it :P

Trowel can have multiple purposes, they could be used for rough rendering like whats on a timber framed house (wattle and daub, with the white rendering outside) atm, they can be used to spread concrete rather than apparently just spreading it about with your hands like you do in game...

The rake could be used to increase foraging potentials and skillgain?

A Whole multitude of uses for every tool as long as people can find a way.

you need a hammer to build stone fences, it really should be a trowel as the tool to use, and i agree other tools have skills, why did the trowel get left out?

• Like 1