Sign in to follow this  
Alexgopen

Considering this

Not familiar with that particular mini atx case.

Is there room for the gfx card? Some can be... tricky.

1 minute ago, Klaa said:

Not familiar with that particular mini atx case.

Is there room for the gfx card? Some can be... tricky.

Case is very very small, but that particular graphics card is also very very small, at only 8.03 inches.

• Like 1

Order Summary:

Total: $1,318.43
Secure Checkout
Description
Product Price
Qty
Total
List Price:
Instant Savings:
Price:
$612.19
- $409.70
$202.49
$202.49

I'm a AMD and MSI fan myself My rig is already bigger than this but I thought this might be nice for you to check into as well If you not stuck on Intel

You might want to get a bigger PS than that 500 model do to the power of that Video card I have the 970 evga 4g ddr5 and my pc will not power up on anything lower than a 800whatt.

Edited by Arkonick

Azza makes very sweet cases I personally right now own the  XT 1B / 1W but Looking to find me a  Hurrican 2000 / 2000R To complete my rig. Just today got my new 32 gig memory kit of vengence and let my son have my old kit of 16gigs vengence as well as a new seagate 4 tb HD for more side space. I'm also looking to maybe check out seagates new hybrid SSD 4tb model hard drives just to see what they can do. Think my XT 1B 1W was only 159.00 us when I bought it 2 years ago but it's hard to find the Hurrican everyone seems to be out of stock. Every time I up grade my kids get my hand me downs and they love my hand me downs.

Yeah, get something bigger than a 550w power supply.

I went for a low watt ps on my first build...it packed in pretty quickly. Go with an 800w like Ark suggested.

• Like 1

Also did a Intel set up lowered some  parts to add the i7

Order Summary:

Total: $1,254.93
Secure Checkout
Description
Product Price
Qty
Total
List Price:
Instant Savings:
Price:
$349.99
- $40.00
$309.99
$309.99
List Price:
Instant Savings:
Price:
$329.99
- $2.00
$327.99
$327.99
List Price:
Instant Savings:
Price:
$199.99
- $105.00
$94.99
$94.99
List Price:
Instant Savings:
Price:
$79.99
- $28.00
$51.99
$51.99

Yes I like Tigerdirect there good to me after 22 years of buying and building over 20 full rigs and extra parts for family members I've only once ever had a DOA and it was a PS that came with a case I wasn't aware of. Other than that one PS I've never had any issues with my service or products.

Only odd thing ever happen to me with tiger is they called me up one day asked me if I was a company buying parts from them cause of the amount of stuff I buy off them.

Edited by Arkonick

Modular power supplies are awesome. Don't know how I even managed to run cables around before.

Also just seeing older disc harddrives... trying to keep costs down? Some SSD have become quite affordable, at least SATA ones. Granted M.2 form factors can be quite spendy atm; however, they are freaking fast! Especially as boots.

Edited by Klaa

Modular is way to go if you are working with anything under a Full Tower. I find Modular don't last as long. I use a partial Modular PS most is straight wired with few extra's dealing with video are on modular.

With my full tower cases I use now days it's so easy to tuck and hide all the cables. With full tower you can go for the unmodular to save on money I guess is my point. Cause just cause it's modular they charge X amount more for them. Longest I've ever had a modular is 3 years before they drop out. But same goes for the fully wired ones as well. 

grts on the new pc. Still think you will need more watts than 750. That card will call for 500 watts alone in gaming and if you use it's over clock well that's another story. Not sure how much watts you need for the MB, Ram,HD,cpu fan, all case fans dvd rom and the cpu it's self or if you will be adding addition hard drive from old system but you will have around 250 watts to play with before you start cooking that PS. When I say cook I mean over work it.  If that PS gives out on you to early next one go with a 1000 watt. I got mine for 129.00 when it was on sale from coolmax last year. Right now I have a case in the storage with 12 PS all 750 watts to 850 watts all cooked. Never got a year out of them do to my gaming and programming and the stress I put my rig threw. That's why I stress to any one with a 970 or above to go with a 1000 watt PS.

Some people will say you OC it to much but funny thing is I never OC I run my stuff straight stock.

See also this thread for power consumption needs of the MSI GeForce GTX 980 4GB Twin Frozr

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2664123/msi-geforce-gtx-980-4gb-twin-frozr-sli-power-consumption-750w.html

It includes a link to eXtreme Power Supply Calculator so you can calculate total energy needs of the system.

Even more important that the stated wattage, is amperage, efficiency  and other features, I went to PSU reviewer johnnyguru and he says that power supply unit that Arkonick picked for you is excellent, I think that one you have will actually outperform many lesser 1000W PSUs. PSU probably *IS* the most important investment you can make in a system (motherboard is close, but I have had more PSUs die on me over the many years  than I have had motherboards die. Either one can take a number of other components out with it. PSU is not a place to cut any corners.)

I think you will be ok but run the numbers through the calculator and see what it says.It sounds like you are already running over budget if you don;t have a hard drive purchased yet. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors