Sign in to follow this  
hammertimes

Home server missions

What are the home server for?

*Safety for newer player to get in to the game before moving to the elevation map.

What are home server used for?

*Doing missions on top end account for easy wins with 0 risk.

Can we plz remove home server missions and double the pvp map ones?

http://imgur.com/doW7RHm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zySUiWkAhVg&feature=youtu.be

plz leave feedback

+1

Seriously, if you get rewarded with tomes from scenarios you shouldn't be able to spam them out in complete safety.

Players who do missions on Elevation hardly get rewarded cause most of the scenarios get insane help from home servers, which are mostly if not all done by high end accounts, all day, doing nothing else.

Change it so MR can't do missions on MRH, JK can't do missions on JKH and BL can't do missions on BLH.

Edited by Quicktor

If this were to be done, you would be stopping new players who start on the homeservers from learning about missions and Valrei.

Edited by Firestarter
  • Like 1

new player don't even get a chance do do them any ways......top end accounts going 45km get there first

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hammertimes said:

new player don't even get a chance do do them any ways......top end accounts going 45km get there first

I've seen plenty of new players who get the missions done before the top end people.

Just now, Firestarter said:

I've seen plenty of new players who get the missions done before the top end people.

And yet I never met a guy with a few months old account getting valrei items dropped...

Sure missions could be done by new players on rare occasions, but it wouldn't even help them cause the guys who end up winning are those doing 10 missions in a row with supreme horse gear.

To be fair, a lot of the times I've seen tomes get dropped, it's usually for the people with lower points. The ones who do a ton of missions rarely seem to get anything from the scenarios.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Firestarter said:

If this were to be done, you would be stopping new players who start on the homeservers from learning about missions and Valrei.

in that case

remove the ability for homeserver missions to give anything but karma (not even rank), and don't allow them to influence the gods.

• Like 3

This stuff never ends, never...

Stop the war on homeservers just because you choose to play elsewhere.

• Like 1

Just now, Mirax said:

This stuff never ends, never...

Stop the war on homeservers just because you choose to play elsewhere.

It's clear that you don't understand the intent of the suggestion.

To clarify - It's to stop kingdoms with a homeserver from doing missions that are meant to have risk for no risk for high impact on the scenario, thus giving people that don't ever have to do anything difficult a reward for no real reason when there is a large percentage of the playerbase that has to make much more risks to accomplish the same thing.

It's a bit of a stupid suggestion considering there are people who are already notorious for using alts to win scenarios because a mission has the slightest risk, but the point still stands.

I do understand the intent, I just disagree with the suggestion.

+1 have it so only enemies get scenario points for doing missions on enemy homeservers and people on their own homeservers only get karma

• Like 3

+1000, homeservers serves no function for epic, most people that either start or go there never contributes to what epic is, a pvp cluster, homeservers either has to go or friendly missions on homeservers has to give nothing else but karma, missions are meant to create pvp, which means there has to be risk involved, people live on homeservers because there's minimal risk due to traveling times and nerfs/no enemy deeds etc. A mission to sac a piece of cotton on mrh would give the same reward as if a mission was to raid and drain an enemy capital on elevation, only one of these will contribute to pvp

the heavier restrictions/caps on homeservers the better epic will be as a pvp cluster

the less pvp there is the less players will play and pay, homeservers only draws players from pvp, especially when people who are doing missions on them could create pvp by going into enemy territory or enemy homeservers to do missions which is how it is supposed to be

Edited by changer

+1 on the condition that you don't make it so homeserver CAN'T help, but instead limit them to certain missions from the pool which you can limit their efforts by providing a effectiveness decrease from Homeserver players. For example, if the goal were to kill 50 rats, a homeserver player might kill a rat and it rewards only .5 of a kill/point and Elevation players are unhindered.

Encouraging players away from the home servers and towards elevation seems like the way to go.

1 minute ago, Stik said:

+1 on the condition that you don't make it so homeserver CAN'T help, but instead limit them to certain missions from the pool which you can limit their efforts by providing a effectiveness decrease from Homeserver players. For example, if the goal were to kill 50 rats, a homeserver player might kill a rat and it rewards only .5 of a kill/point and Elevation players are unhindered.

Encouraging players away from the home servers and towards elevation seems like the way to go.

That would be better than just removing homeserver missions from helping.

Perhaps reduce the "point pool" for homeserver missions from 1000 to 500 per mission.

missions arnt safe on home server because at any moment a raid might be coming through. if they arnt then thats not our fault.

29 minutes ago, odinalf said:

missions arnt safe on home server because at any moment a raid might be coming through. if they arnt then thats not our fault.

Can tell you have never piped with a crnerf that makes you weaker a lot weaker. Not sure how you stop PPP from making items but ok

-1 sorry you joined a pmk fully knowing you wouldn't have a home server to complain you don't have

I don't get why people think it's so super safe and easy so they shouldn't be able to do it but you should be able to do enemy home server missions lol?  Like.. you know better... you just go there full on nolo, basically invisible, nobody knows you're there and cannot find you if you do, then you emote a tower for 30 seconds and wow you just did a mission risk free!  Even if you do get caught by someone, just ask Dingov how many damn times he's seen us in his rear view mirror on mrh, despite our super uber horse gear that doesn't make our horses swim or locate people

This suggestion brings something else to light though.  We should ban the use of enemy kingdom alts used to scout the enemy's gear, do it on your mains instead of a risk-free environment

• Like 3

Gary knows about mrh rank farming, you have not got a kill in 7 weeks yet no decay still gaining ;).

28 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

-1 sorry you joined a pmk fully knowing you wouldn't have a home server to complain you don't have

I don't get why people think it's so super safe and easy so they shouldn't be able to do it but you should be able to do enemy home server missions lol?  Like.. you know better... you just go there full on nolo, basically invisible, nobody knows you're there and cannot find you if you do, then you emote a tower for 30 seconds and wow you just did a mission risk free!  Even if you do get caught by someone, just ask Dingov how many damn times he's seen us in his rear view mirror on mrh, despite our super uber horse gear that doesn't make our horses swim or locate people

This suggestion brings something else to light though.  We should ban the use of enemy kingdom alts used to scout the enemy's gear, do it on your mains instead of a risk-free environment

so, going to an enemy homeserver where every single tile, animal and player is hostile to you, where you can't teleport out or run to a deed doesn't increase pvp because you're too bad to actually catch people?

that reminds me actually of smeagain and gary actually going to blh once, fully nolocated and all, and we catched and killed them as they were doing a mission on a rare rowboat, they also came another time on horses and we ran out and killed them, got some drake and all, and all the times we went to jkh to do missions, the 300 or so kills we gained from that during 2014, totally didn't increase pvp.

the cut tree 2 tiles outside of your starterdeed on a homeserver creates so much pvp though

Edited by changer

4 minutes ago, hammertimes said:

Gary knows about mrh rank farming, you have not got a kill in 7 weeks yet no decay still gaining ;).

yes I surely spend days looking for mission items just so I can get 1 rank, you got me boy.  I don't care if they give rank or not, I do them because I like to win instead of whining on forums that someone else is winning.  I've even had rank decay twice since I died to JK, and once or two before that

2 minutes ago, changer said:

so, going to an enemy homeserver where every single tile, animal and player is hostile to you, where you can't teleport out or run to a deed doesn't increase pvp because you're too bad to actually catch people?

that reminds me actually of smeagain and gary actually going to blh once, fully nolocated and all, and we catched and killed them as they were doing a mission on a rare rowboat, they also came another time on horses and we ran out and killed them, got some drake and all, and all the times we went to jkh to do missions, the 300 or so kills we gained from that, totally didn't increase pvp.

the cut tree 2 tiles outside of your starterdeed on a homeserver creates so much pvp though

well, please tell me how to beat self-casted nolo?

I've never died on a rowboat?  I've never used a rare rowboat?  Maybe you have me/sme confused with someone else?  Only time I died on blh was the second thing you mentioned, except you forgot it was 3 of us on foot in the center of the map and there were 4 of you on horses and you only found us because we went through your local and were on foot

glittershore also has no trees for missions btw

10 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

yes I surely spend days looking for mission items just so I can get 1 rank, you got me boy.  I don't care if they give rank or not, I do them because I like to win instead of whining on forums that someone else is winning.  I've even had rank decay twice since I died to JK, and once or two before that

well, please tell me how to beat self-casted nolo?

I've never died on a rowboat?  I've never used a rare rowboat?  Maybe you have me/sme confused with someone else?  Only time I died on blh was the second thing you mentioned, except you forgot it was 3 of us on foot in the center of the map and there were 4 of you on horses and you only found us because we went through your local and were on foot

glittershore also has no trees for missions btw

northwest affliction on the old map, southeast of the most northwestern island, smeagain and you vs 4 of us on a sailboat where you were using staffs during the time where they were very op, think you killed muzk or icarus or something before we got you.

But either way the amount of deaths that has been produced from enemy homeserver missions is huge, alot of the kills we did on jkh and mrh in 2014 was mainly from mission runs where we got people along the way.

If people can go 5 tiles off deed on their all-friendly server and do a mission or spend 2 hours to do a mission and risk dying, they're going to choose the first option, which in turn means less pvp, because they didn't choose the latter, if we remove the first option, the latter is incentivized which means more pvp which is just what we've seen the past years from all the mission runs.

you can even easily see this with comparing old bl and see how many they've killed overall in total over the entire cluster and especially on enemy homeservers compared to jk or mr etc, it's like a 200 to 1 ratio because of the difficulty of missions on a homeserver which was almost untraversable and because that individual group wanted to pvp.

Edited by changer

Just now, changer said:

northwest affliction on the old map, smeagain and you vs 4 of us on a sailboat where you were using staffs during the time where they were very op, think you killed muzk or icarus or something before we got you, but either way the amount of deaths that has been produced from enemy homeserver missions is huge, alot of the kills we did on jkh and mrh in 2014 was mainly from mission runs where we got people along the way, if people can go 5 tiles off deed on their all-friendly server and do a mission or spend 2 hours to do a mission and risk dying, they're going to choose the first option, which in turn means less pvp, because they didn't choose the latter, if we remove the first option, the latter is incentivized which means more pvp which is just what we've seen the past years from all the mission runs

lol that was nahjo not me and they wanted to try their staffs out iirc so they stayed around

So I don't get it, if you guys have these great conquests on enemy home servers, then more people doing missions there is more people to kill??  Go stop the people doing missions

• Like 1