Sign in to follow this  
EphemeralBeing

R> Mod to make animal corpse weights and Butchering products more realistic

There is no reason that a cow, a dog, and a chicken should all weigh fifty kilos. I mean, for Wurm Online, where people sell them for money to a Token? I guess it's helpful. But it's not necessary in WU.

How about a mod that makes these weights more... reasonable? An adult Great Dane (which is kind of what the model looks like) weighs fifty kilos, sure. But a chicken only weighs about 4.5 kilos. And a cow weighs roughly 750. Can we get these made to be more logical? Maybe using average weights from the animals listed online? Even if it's not perfect, having a bit of realism would be nice.

And, when you Butcher a creature, can I get a mod that removes the weight of the products from the corpse? And, maybe butchering a cow should give forty or fifty kilos of meat, instead of only six? I mean, even I, who has never butchered a cow before in my life, could cut off more than six kilos of edible meat. Maybe it should give several high quality cuts (as from a real cow), and many more lower quality cuts? Not exactly sure what to do here, it was just an idea I had when hunting. Maybe you can repeatedly Butcher a larger animal like a cow and a horse? The first time gives the standard product yields, but you can keep going to get more meat? It's kind of pointless to hunt for cows and horses when butchering a Dog or Pig can give just as much meat.

Just a thought.  I'm not sure if anyone else would be interested in it.

If you wanna talk realistic butchering why not have it to where we have to skin the animal, then gut it ( purely for realism and maybe make it so you can get the heart of any animal ) then quarter it so you can pick it up and haul it back home if say you were out hunting in game. I would enjoy this a lot.

25 minutes ago, Yesirn said:

If you wanna talk realistic butchering why not have it to where we have to skin the animal, then gut it ( purely for realism and maybe make it so you can get the heart of any animal ) then quarter it so you can pick it up and haul it back home if say you were out hunting in game. I would enjoy this a lot.

I like this better! Especially the part about Hearts to the game as an item that non-GMs can actually get. A "gut" action that becomes available at a certain Butchering skill (15?), and maybe Skinning at 5?

Maybe that's too complicated. I'm not sure. There's a point where the search for "realism" just becomes obnoxious. 

As long as you have a realistic spoilage system to go with it, otherwise there will be no reason to ranch or hunt.  Kill one cow and good for the winter since we have magic boxes that hold many items of cooked meat without spoilage.  Only in modern times with freezers did that become feasible.   It could be offset with a preservation system that takes a while and you loose a lot of meat from spoilage because you cannot possibly preserve it fast enough.  Balancing it extends well beyond just looking up average weights of butchered animals.

You would also have to patch out the meat sales because that would be incredibly easy to spam, although not sure what they pay for it now I think it was just the extra bits they bought and not the meat?  Skyrim had a butchering realism mod, kill one mammoth and you owned the economy because vendors unrealistically always wanted to buy vast qty of meat.

Edited by yarnevk