Sign in to follow this  
Wargasm

Downloading 0%...

Hi Everyone,

I am stuck at the login screen for Wurm.  It just stays at 0% whether I use either launcher (stable or unstable).  I restarted my computer, same thing.  I updated my java from 8u51 to 8u60, same thing.  Restarted my computer again, same thing.

I use Windows 7 (64-bit) with 64 bit java.  Have been for over a year now.  The only thing that changed today is I'm playing by using a new cell phone as an internet connection.  Can browse the web, can play other online games, can use TS3, so I'm having trouble pinpointing why I can't launch Wurm.

Can anyone help me?  I'm tired of looking at this...

quaUWQ6.png

Edited by Wargasm

Hi,i had the same problems few days ago..not sure what was the cause.. couldn't play all day.. and than it just worked..didn't do anything. weird stuff happens

I've traced the problem to my internet connection.  Bought the new DROID Turbo 2 last night, and aparently the USB tethering allows me to play Wurm, but not the mobile hotspot (wireless).  Strange, but at least it's not a Wurm problem.

I have this problem too since yesterday. It has worked for years, haven't installed anything, don't have problems with any other website, but  updates.wurmonline.com is not a known host anymore :(  Guess my ISP (Telia) doesn't like Wurm any longer. 

Another swedish player also had issues for several days and finally started to play via his phone. He also has Telia as ISP

I solved it temporarily by putting the wurm server in hosts.config. I'll switch to another ISP in a month or two anyway...