Sign in to follow this  
Arkonick

Thoughts on new Items for Furniture

Was looking on some thoughts for new furniture in WU Let me know what you think right now. There on a stick stand. Like no like thoughts on this please. Added some  close up shots.

wurm.20151124.2247_zpss9ci4ncq.jpg
wurm.20151124.2248_zpsjtbfjhso.jpg

wurm.20151124.0712_zps0acvepjt.jpgwurm.20151126.0012_zpsryf4cpfp.jpg

Edited by Arkonick
Close up shots
  • Like 2

+100

Would love to have me a dragon head trophy over my fireplace!

11 hours ago, Vanyel said:

+100

Would love to have me a dragon head trophy over my fireplace!

You mean something like the new screen shot?

Love this!  Would definitely use on my server.

Only suggestion ild make is to make the stick stand an updown L so when pushed into a wall the stand hides in the wall and will look like the mounting plaque is hanging on the wall.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Perryn said:

Love this!  Would definitely use on my server.

Only suggestion ild make is to make the stick stand an updown L so when pushed into a wall the stand hides in the wall and will look like the mounting plaque is hanging on the wall.

Honestly you don't need a stand. They can be auto fixed into place like the dragon one. It all depends where I place the pivot on the object that changes the positions where it will stop. Pivot controls the X,Y,Z coords. 

This is a mod still in progress that when finally finished there will be different color plaque's and I might go ahead and code in a move system for the Y coords that we don't have access to at this time in Wurm. If I program this in it will 

allow you to also move the object up an down. But it will be a while I'm learning c# for my language and even tho java is really similar to c# there still different cause java allows you to do things with code that c# will not.

History on c# for those who don't know. Microsoft was building J++ which was java but Oracle had a issue with something MS did with the code and sued MS. MS scrapped the project and decided to make there own. So they took all the best from C and C++ and made there own java style Language. At one point C# was called "Cool" but by time they released it. It was changed to C#. C# is like java in many ways but some of the things coders do that can cause issues with programming was removed. C# is more strict on how you write the code to try and prevent old programmer mistakes.

So it will take me time cause the one thing I do not want to do is confuse my self with a language I'm not really trying to study and learn. I don't want to start doing what most programmers do and that is teach someone how to write code in a different language and start going nuts when errors start poping up. If you watched programmers teach on youtube you will see this all the time. If you want to learn a language I'd recommed 3DBuzz there really good about keeping there lessons to the language there teaching and explaining the difference in there live training and recorded videos when students start asking why can't I write it like this?

But enough of the history lesson and why it will take me time. The pivot controls the X,Y,Z coords on the model where it will be in 3d space. No pole is really needed. It's mainly figuring out where the bounding box coords are on the model.

I like it.  SInce you are performing taxidermy, how about the next step and make full stuffed critters in walking or fighting poses?  So much better than a graveyard of trophy kills.