1. 1. Do you want the old forum back?

• Yes
    • No

Just out of curiosity.

Who wants the old forum back?

I am really ......

i hate how bright it is.  at least give options somehow for colour changes

• Like 1

i don't necessarily want the old forum back, just need the old 'style' back..

I'm a website developer and i can tell you right now, if i create anything like this i would get fired right there on the spot..too bright is the least unpleasant thing i could say about the new look..

Edited by pkerguy
  • Like 1

I think they are still playing with the theme, it already looks more like Wurm. Colors are nothing to complain about, it's only temporary. I prefer the new forum and I'm already enjoying some of the new features. Missing things like the server status will come back soon enough too I'm sure. As long as it stays up.

It could have been handled better though. Of course the old theme wouldn't be compatible devs.

Ah, the pointless obligatory revert thread/poll. Never going to happen.

Edited by Clatius

The forums are way faster if you guys haven't noticed, which is worth it imho. The theme is way better than last week's white anyways.

This looks terrible.

It hurts my eyes to even look at it.

What I want and what I'll get rarely agree, especially in Wurm. Once a mind is made up, it's etched in stone and entered into the archives. Sometimes, rarely, it gets pulled back out and looked at but mostly it's there to stay. I said yes I want the old forum back but it's not going to happen. We might as well get used to it.

• Like 1

I haven't noticed any increase in speed.  Not faster for me.  I'm still waiting to find out if we're ever going to be able to filter out the WU stuff or it's gone with the wind.

To be perfectly honest, the only thing I've seen so far about this new forum that I can say I like is the ability to see what's in the op of a thread with hover-over. But I don't like it enough to make the rest of this new user-unfriendly forum tolerable.

The new color scheme is a little (very little) easier on the eyes.  But it still lacks the charm the old forum had visually, imo.

edit: found the new content again, still user-unfriendly but at least it's there

Edited by Amadee

Most people tend to not like changes, its natural. But give them some until they are finished playing around.

I bet they didnt change it if they didnt need it.

There is so many things "users" of a forum dont have to think about that moderators have to deal with. It can be frustrating for a forum moderator if the forum you use dont have the things you like or need for adjustments, or the ability to make those improvements to the forum yourself.

The last forum was ip.board and is great for simple use and many sites use it, but in my experience as a forum moderator on ip.board it has its limitations. I dont know about this "Invision" stuff tho, but as i said; i guess they have their reasons.

Btw: you can change your theme if you scroll all the way down and look at the bottom of the page.

Edited by Nordlys

8 minutes ago, Nordlys said:

Btw: you can change your theme if you scroll all the way down and look at the bottom of the page.

Where?  I'm not seeing anything like that.

edit: I see the option now. It's blending in with the background.  Never would have seen it if I wasn't looking for it in that place.

lol.  Just clicked it.  There are no other choices. 

Edited by Amadee

you would think a basic template change such as the one we had in the past would take at most a buisness day to recreate... but no.

7 hours ago, Amadee said:

lol.  Just clicked it.  There are no other choices. 

There are two choices. The one called "Wurm Online -- Rebuild.." is darker.