Sign in to follow this  
Munsta0

[RELEASED] Improved Improve for Ago's mod loader (client)

This is a client mod...  you're not installing it as a server mod are you?

10 hours ago, Ricowan said:

This is a client mod...  you're not installing it as a server mod are you?

doh! - i use so many server mods and basically never use client mods that I just run on autopilot :P

I was wondering if it was possible to add a feature to this.

When improving a chicken coop, unless its loaded into a cart, you have to manually activate the items needed for repair. The feature Im look to be added is

[11:42:35] You notice some notches you must carve away in order to improve the chicken coop.

[11:42:42] You must use a mallet on the chicken coop in order to improve it.

[11:44:06]  You must use a mallet on the chicken coop in order to improve it.

[11:45:15]  You must use a mallet on the chicken coop in order to improve it.

[11:45:27] You must use a file to smooth out the chicken coop in order to improve it.

Or to put it into words - highlight in the event window what item will next improve it?

On 12/3/2019 at 4:04 PM, KiwiBird said:

Or to put it into words - highlight in the event window what item will next improve it?

A late reply, @KiwiBird, but while Improved Improve cannot highlight the Event window, nor will any mod I am aware of, you can use Wurm Assistant to generate audio cues to tell you what tool to use next.  You can use the "triggers" feature to react to things in the Event window.  Create a regex trigger, set it to match the tool message, and use a sound that you will recognize.  I have my tools set to numbers on the numpad, so I used some free audio files I found from a count down that are "one", "two", "three", et cetera.  You might be able to find or record things like "hammer" if that works better for you.

For example, "You must use a mallet on .+ in order to improve it." is the trigger for things which need to use a mallet.

Note that you will get the audio trigger every time you examine an item which needs that tool too, as well as when using Improved Improve.  What I do to get around this is name all of triggers with their skill first, such as "Carpentry, Mallet".  Then when I had that skill working, I exported the triggers so I could import them to alts.  Now I can turn the triggers on an off easily, or even go so far as to delete them when I do not want them and import them when I do. 

Look at the mod thread for more information.

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/68031-wurm-assistant-enrich-your-wurm-experience/