Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Looms fit in Wagons, Crash bugfix

• Increased the internal size of wagons so looms fit.
  • Fix for off-deed gate permissions so citizens of “xxx” will work (and allies of “xxx”) e.g. it correctly now checks for the gates owners settlement.
  • Fix so emotes on tiles work.
  • Missions that require you to drain permanent settlements should no longer appear.
  • Unfinished walls now take damage from attacks a lot faster.
  • You should no longer be able to plan fences and walls on top of unfinished ones.
  • Valrei quest items and treasure chests now spawn more based on map size, which means an increase on for instance Elevation.
  • Fix for server crashes (was caused by flowers.. flower-power!)
  • Update so ‘harvestable’ hover text can only show for trees and bushes are within the correct age limits.
  • Like 2

"You should no longer be able to plan fences and walls on top of unfinished ones."

Why?! This makes planning large buildings so much more difficult. Horrible update!

Edited by NESGamepro
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, NESGamepro said:

"You should no longer be able to plan fences and walls on top of unfinished ones."

Why?! This makes planning large buildings so much more difficult. Horrible update!

Was abused in pvp to make some serious defences with little material.

Then that was the worst possible way to handle it. Please make that update PvP only! You guys just killed a huge part of the fun of Wurm for me, I am beyond not happy.

I plan my large building with the deedplanner, and then I just finish layer by layer of the house in actual Wurm Online, how does one loose fun not being able to plan frame upon frame upon frame upon frame...?

• Like 1

I use deed planner also but it's not perfect. I plan in game and with planner at the same time. I come up with ideas as I see the plan take shape.The fun in Wurm for me is building. I've made a lot of multi-story buildings and this is how I've always done it. Layer by layer is inefficient. So it may not be your fun, but it's my fun. This ruins a part of the game I love.

Please come up with a better solution, I'm about to rage.

5 hours ago, DevBlog said:
  • You should no longer be able to plan fences and walls on top of unfinished ones.

All the other updates are very good. This made some coladeral damage. While it is very important on the pvp servers that you cannot start building a wall onto of an unfinished wall, there is no need to prevent the upper wall from being planed, if done that way, there will be alot less outcry from the freedom servers, as planing walls and making floors with openings is a very good way to measure out how to design a very large structure.

• Like 2

Yes i would be more happy if it was building that was restricted instead of planning. Would make some building to building bridges more difficult but it would lower my rage.

5 hours ago, DevBlog said:
  •  
  •  

Horrible update, please revert.

I'm fine with the other points. but this is just plain awful.

6 hours ago, DevBlog said:

From player position I have to agree - this should be PvP only, makes planning and building large structures on PvE much harder.

• Like 2

It's strange how the devs seem to ignore all the combat and mechanical meta, the core of PvP, And focus on the deed meta which is less beneficial for continuing the PvP aspect of the game.

Will we ever see the mechanic/combat meta balanced and changed. Probably not lol.

This has nothing to do with MR or JK or any kingdom.  There is no bias or "them getting things changed"

An issue is an issue and as far as something like this specifically goes, it is treated as such.  It was looked into because it was not intended and that is it

• Like 1

Right I have removed the KvK stuff from this thread. This is a Dev news thread not Skirmishes.

Regards

Solmark

ALFM

Edited by solmark

On 11/23/2015, 12:36:43, Warlander said:

From player position I have to agree - this should be PvP only, makes planning and building large structures on PvE much harder.

^

I think it's about time CC started taking PvE into consideration for this kind of decision, you know, as paying customers instead of just this side thing that may wind up as collateral damage but you ain't even sure what it is?

• Like 1

If I recall, there were more issues than just PvP. The situation of planning an unfinished fence on top an unfinished wall was also bugging out modifying buildings I think?

Unfinished walls/fences above or below would lead to being unable to make modifications on walls above or below, I have encountered this before when rushing ahead in my planning and deciding to make changes after the fact, Pain in the arse it was and it didn't have to necessary be immediately above or below to affect other areas of the building, so was tricky to figure out where the problem was.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Omar said:

I was sure looms always had fit in wagons :s

Looms gained a few extra wood scraps at some point and weren't able to fit. :)

Sign in to follow this