Sign in to follow this  
Booskii

Hello Indy!!!

Just wanted to say hi and let you all know you have a few more lost soles residing on your beautiful Server. Were Settling down in the North east areaand first impressions of the community are awesome i have been chewing off Journeya who so promptly made me mobile again with some horses and a ton of conversation!

Other then knowing were i have landed on the map and having zero idea were anything else is was wondering if you all had any key spots that are must sees. Deeds hunting markets yada yada yada!

Booskii!

• Like 1

Hunting... You'll be hunting alright, and covering a lot of ground to find enough game to feel like you actually did something.  Other than that, there's tons of open space for putting down a deed, and Freedom Market was the only market I ever really visited.  I am on Indy right now to clean out and collapse my first deed.  It's been a long time coming.  I can't justify wasting the monthly upkeep on it anymore.  :(

Oh yes! I was waaaay chatty last night. I probably bored poor Booski here - just so happy to see some good activity in the region (my area is active, but the more the merrier \o/ ).

This all made me think I should actually start working on my plan to make a decent highway between the lake and the northeast corner of the map. I usually find myself lost on a steep hill somewhere in the middle there - unless I go way south, which I hate to do since its so much further...

Anyway, welcome to Inde! :) And nice to meet ya :D Hope you shall love it here (says someone who didn't think Xanadus hills were greener than our beautiful  shorelines of Colossus Lake :P ) And now you can actually reach your neighbors without too much travelling :D And here I am - talking too much again - *gets back to building her great wall of Lothlorien Meadows*

3 hours ago, Journeya said:

Oh yes! I was waaaay chatty last night. I probably bored poor Booski here - just so happy to see some good activity in the region (my area is active, but the more the merrier \o/ ).

This all made me think I should actually start working on my plan to make a decent highway between the lake and the northeast corner of the map. I usually find myself lost on a steep hill somewhere in the middle there - unless I go way south, which I hate to do since its so much further...

Anyway, welcome to Inde! :) And nice to meet ya :D Hope you shall love it here (says someone who didn't think Xanadus hills were greener than our beautiful  shorelines of Colossus Lake :P ) And now you can actually reach your neighbors without too much travelling :D And here I am - talking too much again - *gets back to building her great wall of Lothlorien Meadows*

I am socially dependent as Wargasm likes to say so i am happy to have the conversation!

3 hours ago, Lycanthropic said:

:) Welcome to Inde, always nice to see new souls settle on this ancient piece of land :D

Thanks!

Only took me 4 years to arrive but i made it :) Once settled in ill be trying to associate my self with the land and getting to the market to place some fresh merchants see the sights and meet to people!!!

Welcome to Independence ;)

Key points that are worth visiting are the great south mountain road(and sky-diving down it on an alt), Magranon's Scar highway, and the House of Pain/House of Lords.

• Like 1

"We've come for your daughter, Chuck."

Also, if anyone sees Ryuu, please tell him Booskii and I are looking for him, he can PM me here on the forums.

Hi Booskii!  North-East Indy?  Welcome to the neighborhood!!  I live on the north shore of Mist Lake, and let me tell you, there is LOTS of prime real-estate around here.  It's also an AMAZING area for hunting, not sure what that other poster is talking about.  Troll central over here.

Proximo is my game name add me or PM me anytime.  If I'm not online hit up "Beilla".  We're pretty much the only remaining active members of the Scarlet Alliance and would love to meet new people.

On 12/6/2015, 12:38:15, Proximo said:

Hi Booskii!  North-East Indy?  Welcome to the neighborhood!!  I live on the north shore of Mist Lake, and let me tell you, there is LOTS of prime real-estate around here.  It's also an AMAZING area for hunting, not sure what that other poster is talking about.  Troll central over here.

Proximo is my game name add me or PM me anytime.  If I'm not online hit up "Beilla".  We're pretty much the only remaining active members of the Scarlet Alliance and would love to meet new people.

Thanks! i have not Left the area much yet but once i get enough horses that we can pull carts/wagons and ride ill start exploring a bit!

Welcome and feel free to drop by my deeds south of the lakes in the North east :)

The perfect mountain getaway! 

some names I recognize on this thread so far, some I don't. Hi Emoo. Yeah, Lycanthropic, Wargasm and Proximo I remember.Anyway hi guys, how's it going with you ?

• Like 1

On 12/6/2015 at 11:38 PM, Proximo said:

It's also an AMAZING area for hunting, not sure what that other poster is talking about.  Troll central over here.

I lived on Black Dog Island, so the area around me was mostly developed.  To do any significant hunting I had to take long trips.  At one time the Insanity Hills path from the Inner Sea to the Samling Fjord was a decent hunting trip, but for some reason it dried up on me.  The deed I have up in the Samling Fjord was also a great place for hunting, but it also dried up around the same time.  It was right after all the unnecessary (imo) sea creatures were added if I remember correctly.  It never seemed the same after sharks were introduced, and only got worse the more they added.  At one time you could stand in one place on the shores of Black Dog Island and count 25-35 sharks.  That unfortunately died off too.  Sharks were great FS while that concentration amount lasted.

I guess it's all about location.

Yeah I know the game is very random when it comes to mob density/distrubution.  I just can't relate to people who say hunting on Indy is bad.  North-Easy Indy is amazing for hunting.  Put it this way, I play very casually and have gone from 70FS to almost 75 FS in a few months living here.

Me and Beilla love to kit up our "Death Cart" and head out, we always come back with a load-full of of meats, hides, and animal parts.

To the west the Grand Steppe is still heavily populated with crocs and bison and trolls etc etc.

Also there are a zillion abandoned mines around here, great spots for hunting.  Along the shore you can sail right into them and find all kinds of animals trapped in there to kill. 

Yeah the Grand Steppe isn't what it used to be in its former glory-days, but there is still some hunting to be had there.  There's a public hunting lodge on the Grand Steppe as well and its marked on the community map as the deed Haven. 

Prox, perhaps I'll head up past the Steppe at some point to your neck of the woods.  I've lived next to the lake for so long I might as well take a vacation. lol

A Crater :o That sounds interesting!

I cant even find my way to the market yet :c

Greetings Lady Booskii....  and welcome to Indy.

I invite you to come to the island i live on (most North eastern island on Indy) there's a large volcano you may like to see, also the hunting is not bad at all but we do have a Troll problem atm which is great for me..... i LOVE killing those things.

Also on the island are the ruins of "Wurmwood Castle" or what's left of it - where me and other players saw the first ever active HOTS members..... YES that's right, these guys were full active Hots players with red outlines, shows as enemy, tower guards attacking them.... the whole ball of wax... and all on Indy.

A very strange bunch of hardcore RP's.

Other spots on Indy are - Freedom Market, The Magranon's Scar, The Colossi of Festival Cove, (Deeds) - House of pain, house of Lords, Krondor and a host of other great looking deeds.

And i would just like to say "Greetings to all the Lords and Ladies of Indy". Welcome home brothers and sisters of Wurm. ;)

• Like 1

Oh silly little Milo....

You my friend know better than that :P