Sign in to follow this  
Darkren

Adjustable strength for Uniques

I'm playing on a family server, we are no more than five people. I'd like a mod that would allow me to tweak the strength of unique creatures to make them more manageable. We had a troll king pop up in the woods, and at the moment he is unkillable to us. I'd love for him to be a challenging foe to take down as a group.

Perhaps a remote way of changing uniques' values (as far as their armor, fight skill, damage output etc. go) that can be configured prior to a server start, so that it could be adjusted for servers of varying populations.

• Like 1

Most of the uniques are possible to kill solo, however some (troll king is the only one I know of so far) are the same strength as on wo. I agree having a mod to manage this would be great.

Yeah Troll king is not soloable but with 5 really well equiped family members (lib priest would help) should be able todo it. 

+1 for this. I play solo and would still like to see the uniques, maybe have a configurable toggle to make them non-aggro as I had a Black dragon spawn right in front of my deed! Had to use my GM to destroy him :-(

But I'd like to be able to kill them one day.

Since Governor resurrected this thread I'd also +1 this. I realize that many WU servers have a smaller population and is why they nerfed the uniques to make them possible with a smaller group. Though some even being solo-able now is absurd to me. I as a server owner should have the ability to make that choice for myself or even to make it scalable to suit my community's individual needs.

• Like 1

In the CreatureTemplateCreator are all the templates that are used to create mobs. It's possible to access the various fields for a CreatureTemplate and change them. I pretty sure this could even be done with the script-runner tool so we wouldn't need to make a java compiled mod. I'g guess good candidates to change would be baseCombatRating and combat related skills.

Hmm.. interesting indeed. Must do some more exploration on the subject. *scurries off*

Natural armor is what makes them super tough make sure you change this and the way it works is higher weaker lower stronger example

TrollKing 0.02F

Troll 0.4F

• Like 1