Sign in to follow this  
Wingfoot

Auction for the rights to kill the Super-herd - EXPIRED

Approx 50 cows/bulls

Winner will have the rights to slaughter all the bovine and take away bodies & animal products and butchering products

Good opportunity to skill gain butchering

Location R14 Village of Udgaard, Xanadu (lots of room for boat parking :)

Recent screenshot   http://prntscr.com/948bdj   Check the video https://youtu.be/grrlp0yuljg

Starting bid 3s.  (Please place bid in this forum post.  Am assuming it's time is constant and does not  automatically default to users time zone)

Auction ends 22 Nov mid day auction_timer_1448192936.gif

If 3s not reached auction is cancelled and I will 'inhume' the beasts myself

Any questions please use in game chat and pm me Wingfoot or Zetzu my village leader

Predicted Faq's

Why approx 50 and not an accurate count?

I can only count to nine (lost a finger in a bar fight. You so thought I was going to say cow bite   ;)

This is a terrible event how can I stop it ?

Vegetarians are allowed to bid to save the cows and give them their freedom, thus allowing the cows to roam on Wurm free to be eaten by lions, clawed by bears and snacked on by trolls.

Edited by Wingfoot
  • Like 2

Dont think you get fight skill for killing bred mobs

• Like 1

Very interessting idea. One does not get FS but one gets all else (large maul, agro fighting etc). And 50 animals is a lot of meat. GL.

• Like 1

I think 3s is a little overpriced for this but I'm prepared to offer 1s :)

• Like 1

I think 3s is a little overpriced for this but I'm prepared to offer 1s :)

Hi,

Being a newbie I still finding out the value of items, so I randomly plucked 3s as the starting price.

Now my work time has been spent making a thousand edits to my original post.  Thankfully am a 

"Workplace Safety Officer" so time is not a issue, especially now that the Chernobyl media witch hunt has 

died down.

Sorry I went off topic a bit, lets get back on track

As there is no fighting skill gain, all the potential bidders with their shiny long swords of ,  ooops  typo 

coc have been lost.   So your request  of lowering the starting bid seems reasonable.   

I will need to talk to my village elder, as he is a 'skill gain' fanatic and  has a butchery predeliction.  

All rumors of him building a 'My Little Pony' Slaughter House and reducing his sister's toy collection by 70% 

was never proven in a court of law.  Guys, he was 7 years old, its was long ago, just let it go.
  • Like 2

auction_timer_1448192936.gif

The auction has ended, thanks to all posts on this topic, my knowledge of Wurm grew a little

Unfortunately the minimum bid was not reached, so this afternoon's  activity of flower arranging is to be postponed in order  to find out if Wurm has a UFC event function:

- All the cows in the field to fight, last one standing stays in the field.  

- Or the option of making special fight scenario i.e.  How many hens does Rocky the Rooster need in his posse to take down a Venerable Bull.

"This time next year we are going to be millionaires"   Del Boy

General prices i can recall for corpses are 1c each for cattle, that would put my offer higher value than what you have, the offer still stands if you reconsider

• Like 1

If u sell corpses to token it is 11iron.  Soeven if you sold all parts to token youwill get less than one silver.  Take fraeya's offer its decent. Or don't your choice

• Like 1

Sorry  for the late  reply, the final decision was to  'cull'  the herd of Venerable bulls  and hens in order to gain butchering skills and milk the cows to make cheese for sandwiches which allow stamina regeneration (recently found feature).

During the killing  it was noticed that fighting skills were gained, not sure if this was a glitch that will be fixed in the future.

Will post some more details of kills  made  with some stats of resource & skills gained

There is a question re fighting skill gain, which I can't answer definitely (am too new to Wurm), I can only  show my results from the day of slaughter.

Killing Livestock Stats

The animals slaughtered were 6 chickens 21 cows

The butchered animals produced over 170 units of meat.

The 27 corpses were sold at the deed bank for 11 iron coins each. 27 * 11 = 297

It was noticed that fighting skill was gained when killing the animals

http://prntscr.com/96q8wg  and Zetzu who killed all the cows  http://prntscr.com/96q9e9

If I have time may put up video to show skills gained during fight

As I have mentioned before this may be a glitch which maybe fixed soon.