Sign in to follow this  
Propheteer

Merge Epic Cluster + Freedom Cluster

Merge Epic + Freedom?  

326 members have voted

1. 1. Merge Epic + Freedom

-1 i choosed epic because thats the pvp cluster. If I wanted a PVP server where you can run to PVE when ###### gets tough i'd choose chaos, but i dont. 

please just no. if something. give chaos players an option to migrate to epic and make freedom completely PVE. As it was for short awhile - 2 clusters, epic = pvp feedom = pve. Epic has the biggest population compared to Chaos, why should we move?

Epic has the biggest population compared to Chaos, why should we move?

-1, Seriously, people are given a decision where they want to play, so they decide at the start. They are even willing to pay to be able to use all of the features (or they waste a chunk of their life making bricks to get silver) and loosing any part of this money and/or time is ridicolous. When I first saw this game I called it 'the definition of grindfest' and now someone wants to force me to throw a huge part of my 'grind' away because they want to delete Epic? And I am talking about both skills and items, you cannot take everything with you, you cannot transfer your home/deed with you, so you will be forced to start over and over again. Moreover, we don't if the next step of "fixing pvp" will not be wiping chaos after new ppl create their deeds in there, just because someone feels like this is a way to refresh the pvp.

Say whatever you want about skillgain but on EPIC its faster, even later on for many skills. Do your math and stop bullshitting that its fair. IT IS NOT FAIR. The skillgain simply isnt fair and cant be and never will be.

I don't really think you did your math.

-1 i choosed epic because thats the pvp cluster. If I wanted a PVP server where you can run to PVE when ###### gets tough i'd choose chaos, but i dont. 

please just no. if something. give chaos players an option to migrate to epic and make freedom completely PVE. As it was for short awhile - 2 clusters, epic = pvp feedom = pve. Epic has the biggest population compared to Chaos, why should we move?

I still dont understand. Epics population has always been in a downward spiral, i'd rather just merge and get it over with. (and epic most certainly doesn't have more people than freedom, despite having more population than chaos. but its about consolidation of population and unification of community. If people came to epic, we are still leaving out a lot of PvE-ers.)

Not to mention the difference on Epic is, is that well, people just quit when ###### gets tough, hence the population.

At the very least it would be an interesting shakeup as opposed to quite literally the same thing happening month in month out for the past 2 years with the exact same names, only less of them every month.

-1, Seriously, people are given a decision where they want to play, so they decide at the start. They are even willing to pay to be able to use all of the features (or they waste a chunk of their life making bricks to get silver) and loosing any part of this money and/or time is ridicolous. When I first saw this game I called it 'the definition of grindfest' and now someone wants to force me to throw a huge part of my 'grind' away because they want to delete Epic? And I am talking about both skills and items, you cannot take everything with you, you cannot transfer your home/deed with you, so you will be forced to start over and over again. Moreover, we don't if the next step of "fixing pvp" will not be wiping chaos after new ppl create their deeds in there, just because someone feels like this is a way to refresh the pvp.

The only time loss would be the time you spent building a deed. You would have your account at no loss, and more than likely deeds would be reimbursed as is the usual with such a large change.

I think permo really hit the nail on the head here..

I myself picked chaos so that I can run to freedom whenever the pvp gets too tough.  However I am lucky that the pvp is not tough yet so I can continue to play on chaos for now :)

its not like there are not starter towns on epic for the fake kingdoms anyway (templates) that have a rediculous amount of templars and are GM maintained.

I offered about three different solutions for the kingdoms throughout this thread and all of them are very simple, please read the thread.

+1

Would like to see the two merged,

Con

just wanted to know how it would work if u had to a developed account on both Freedom/Epic on the same character? I would like to see my skills merge somehow don't want to have to pic one skill set or the other.

The last time this was suggested, people did not want both skillsets to merge.

Edited by Propheteer

its pretty ridiculous to count freedomers who might play chaos once in a while. The fact we have is online population and epic ALWAYS beats chaos online population

its pretty ridiculous to count freedomers who might play chaos once in a while. The fact we have is online population and epic ALWAYS beats chaos online population

Edited by Propheteer

It's also pretty ridiculous to ignore them. Sure the PvP population grows a lot, but it's not fair to strip a part of the larger cluster off.

Yes then they should play on the pvp/pve-cluster as they are doing? Im just saying that I like my pvp-only cluster. And if we where forced to merge pvp-accounts it should be to the pvp-cluster, with more pvpers, not pve.

Edited by Propheteer

Permo.... chaos+freedom playerbase > epic. 

Chaos and freedom are part of the same cluster. You cant move one without moving the other or at least having access to it in some way.

What is so confusing 

The only time loss would be the time you spent building a deed. You would have your account at no loss, and more than likely deeds would be reimbursed as is the usual with such a large change.

You and literally every other person keep thinking this is "the same old wipe" it's clearly not, it would be a wipe with a purpose other than just a new map, and things WOULD be different because 100~ people are added together with about another 100~, it clearly wouldn't be the same as past server wipes. 

• Like 3

You and literally every other person keep thinking this is "the same old wipe" it's clearly not, it would be a wipe with a purpose other than just a new map, and things WOULD be different because 100~ people are added together with about another 100~, it clearly wouldn't be the same as past server wipes. 

And what would be the solution for having to transfer boats, thousands of materials, herds of animals etc. . Even if I could transfer most materials with it would probably also take some effort to be completed, like portal hopping or making a ton of alts. Building the deed is not the only time consuming thing over here. 

Another thing could be that (I don't know if anyone else shares this feeling) I just miss the old Elevation. Not only because it was a nice, pvp friendly server, but because I got used to it, had some little stories over here. And now after a wipe, when things got quiet and people created new homes for themselves, is another wipe what we need? This method of fixing things doesn't seem to work here.

Edited by Propheteer

just leave the poll up for a bit, if after a week or 2 its not 90%+ or 95%+ yes votes then the poll can be disregarded its simple

Edited by TradingAlt

just leave the poll up for a bit, if after a week or 2 its not 90%+ or 95%+ yes votes then the poll can be disregarded its simple

Edited by Propheteer

• Like 1

either way poll in game or on the forums should be 90%+ or 95%+ before any drastic changes like this are made. If a VAST MAJORITY doesn't agree with making it happen then it doesn't happen.

Equation - "the process of equating one thing with another." - Deleting one and adding to another server is not equating. It would be more just to delete both freedom+chaos and epic and create 1 huge server for everyone 

Edited by Propheteer

The Epic reset was around 65% for and 35% against, you don't need such a vast majority, although it'd obviously be nice to have, to get the general idea of what is right because majority rule is right nearly all the time

Edited by Cornchips

either way poll in game or on the forums should be 90%+ or 95%+ before any drastic changes like this are made. If a VAST MAJORITY doesn't agree with making it happen then it doesn't happen.

Edited by Josh

Permo.... chaos+freedom playerbase > epic. 

Chaos and freedom are part of the same cluster. You cant move one without moving the other or at least having access to it in some way.

What is so confusing 

- 1 NO NO NO

It was your decision to play on Epic and now since no one plays there

Epic has 90 online right now [or it did when i last checked] and chaos had around 50. 

The difference is your 50 can go home to Freedom and be safe our 90 can't so our 90 [or w/e] online population can be killed if they sit on home/deed or not.

Why should 90+ players - with about half of whom are currently sitting on home-servers/deed and not actually play on Elevation [but can still be killed] - leave a server/cluster/skills to help out 50 people on Chaos who basically make the Skirmishes thread a bug report thread. They won't - so if a forced merge was made...Maybe they'd quit and that may leave you with 30-40 less players on the epic-merge side of things. Even then the playstyle could become so different/can't face the loss/the time to rebuild that another 15-20 epic pvpers quit, you're now down to 70ish players merged and alot of work to go/destroyed. 

Why should those 90+ players also have their work destroyed? If we're going to cutt of the home servers cut off the new server from Freedom so anybody who crosses loses their "home server" and work - Let the market / items be created as new - [with skill transfer only] - with portal back as an option -and make it it's own cluster. I feel like Epic is taking alot of hits/loses but if both servers wanted to step into a new cluster then sure I could be up for it. Atleast to test. Personally i don't see a merge happening, but I also don't understand the wills and ways of how chaos works and what a merge would involve, that's partly why I am posting here because I am currently a "no, but improve my understanding" situation. 

What about mechanics/pvp style who's do we use, on Epic we're running around in plate and on Chaos everybody is wearing a 90 euro set. Mine hops? Will they be disabled or will it all be about mine hopping. Won't people from chaos [if freedom isnt cut off] be able to just go back to their freedom deeds and have safe places with items aquired/resources aquired to get a head start more? They could just save up 100k's of dirt and throw up ###### ton of deeds on first day of server launch. Epic players couldn't.  We all know the ways the servers play pvp is different, what about items earned on epic as to those from Chaos? Tombs? Will missions still be a thing? 

Another note* - merging established kingdoms into established kingdoms sounds like work to. I mean Chaos kingdoms have their rankings/players they trust/etc etc etc...It isn't a simple task to take 90 epic players and place them into each kingdom.

Maybe I'm seeing this from a wrong point but it isn't all magic and pvp.

Edited by Mclovin
  • Like 3