Sign in to follow this  
Lothens

Planted BSBs cannot be moved/turned with perms

Since the new patch 11/10/15 where we received the (wonderful, thanks) ability to soft push, soft pull items, planted BSBs seem to have acquired a bug.

I am mayor of a village, and as such have ownership of all structures within, with the permissions given to each resident set to full so they have all the abilities I have in that structure.

In a structure, I have a villager that isn't able to plant BSBs yet, digging skill too low, and I was asked to come plant them for him. I did, and he wasn't able to push/pull/turn them in any form, nor pick them back up, even when double checking the permissions for his structure and making sure they're all there properly. I then had him get his digging to 10.2 to check and see if that was the issue, and it didn't change anything.

Thanks,

Lothens

I tested this too, with a non-villager owner of a house on deed, and the mayor of the village, with all permissions on the house. The house owner planted an unlocked empty bsb in the house. The character with all permissions could not take it, nor move it.

Since it's in a house, and the bsb is unlocked, I expect "pickup planted" to apply for his take action, and it should also let him push/pull.

• Like 1

I spoke with Amath in game and they were kind enough to try the same test with a planted lamp inside the building.

It seems that the new push/pull turn permissions for planted items ignores the house rules now.

I'll add this to a new planted issue bug.  

Thanks for the reports and the details you have both provided.

• Like 1

Just to be sure, I tested with keybindings both. Character with all permissions can take with a key bound to 'take', despite not having the option to take in the menu.

It still can't push/pull ([02:56:35] You may not move that item right now.)

• Like 2

Just to be sure, I tested with keybindings both. Character with all permissions can take with a key bound to 'take', despite not having the option to take in the menu.

It still can't push/pull ([02:56:35] You may not move that item right now.)

The fact that you can use a bounded key to do a action (any action for that matter) but it does not appear on the menu must be a bug as well.

Either it should be on the menu or the key should not work but the 2 must be in sync

The ability to TAKE a planted item inside a building with the proper permissions has been fixed.

The issue of not being able to turn/push/pull a planted item is more of a 'request' at this time than a bug.  Planted items  can only be 'moved' by the planter.

Ok, look in Settlement roles.  There is a check box:  "Pull / Push / Turn".  This is useless.  My Mayor, nor any Citizens can move items that were planted by someone else.  You might as well make a little flag that pops out of every planted items that says "planted by John Doe", so we can have an idea of who planted what.

What is the point of having move tied only to the person that planted it, when you can just pick up the items and replant it again?

Making Push/Pull/Turn work properly, according to the permissions settings is not a feature request.  This is a clearly a bug and a big hassle.  Imagine if you will, 50 BSBs all loaded with stuff.  Mayor wants to rearrange them inside his building, on his deed, but can't, until he unloads everything, picks it up and replants it.  Crazy talk! lol.

Please address this bug.

Edited by Wurmhole