Sign in to follow this  
WalkerInTheVoid

[RELEASED] Mods for Modloader: Bounties, Digging Like Mining, Meditation, Underground Prospecting, Spider Replacements

because the BOUNTYMOD

Is it possible to give the bounty only if you bury the corpse?

that would be very awesome, because we make some huntingevents with increased bounty but then everywhere are the corspes

thanks Eject =)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Eject said:

because the BOUNTYMOD

that would be very awesome, because we make some huntingevents with increased bounty but then everywhere are the corspes

thanks Eject =)

You don't have to bury the corpses - you can sell them to settlement tokens instead. Activate the corpse in your inventory (double click so it highlights green), right click on the settlement token and select "sell." It took me the longest time to figure this out and it gives you a bit of extra coin in addition to the bounty mod. :-)

13 minutes ago, Onsdag said:

You don't have to bury the corpses - you can sell them to settlement tokens instead. Activate the corpse in your inventory (double click so it highlights green), right click on the settlement token and select "sell." It took me the longest time to figure this out and it gives you a bit of extra coin in addition to the bounty mod. :-)

That i know (this feature is some years old), i think you just missunderstand my post

My players dont take the corpses and dont bury them and they dont need to sell them at the token or traders or merchants because we have some events where you can get a lot of money. Thats why i need to bring the players to bury the corpses :)

but thanks

Eject

Edited by Eject

I understood you, and I do think it's a good idea so that people will bury their corpses in order to receive the bounty. I just wasn't sure if you (or your players) were familiar with this option. For me, every little bit of coin helps and so that alone is enough incentive to sell my corpses. It's just too bad I can't go back and dig up all the corpses I've buried before I learned about the selling feature. ;-)

i know what you mean, but it was just a question for a mod modification, i would use it on my servers if other dont like to use this option, they could turn it off ;)

Can someone please help! I had phobiamod installed now I have turned it off and there are lava fiends everywhere and they are not in the creatures folder. how to I remove them from the world now??

Hii- just bumping up the topic to ask if rift / valrei mobs were ever to be added?

Also maybe instructions on how to add ocelots, zebras, and pandas to the list?

I've noticed it's slightly disheartening to kill any mobs that do not have bounties on servers that are using this mod ):

you can hook the bounty command in your creature mods. The functionality is there, would be better to ask the custom creature modder to add bounties or an option for them in. All you need is to add:

new BountyMod().loadBounty(templateId, bounty);

example:

public void addEncounters() {
        if (this.templateId == 0) {
            return;
        }
        new EncounterBuilder(Tiles.Tile.TILE_GRASS.id).addCreatures(this.templateId, 2).build(1);
        new EncounterBuilder(Tiles.Tile.TILE_CAVE.id,(byte) -1).addCreatures(this.templateId, 2).build(1);
        new BountyMod().loadBounty(templateId, 500L);
    }

On 4/5/2017 at 6:16 AM, pepofaec said:

Hii- just bumping up the topic to ask if rift / valrei mobs were ever to be added?

Also maybe instructions on how to add ocelots, zebras, and pandas to the list?

I've noticed it's slightly disheartening to kill any mobs that do not have bounties on servers that are using this mod ):

Valrei mobs are already in the latest version i think, and i just made a PR with rift mobs (and fog spiders, that were also missing)

• Like 1

Bit of a stupid question, here, maybe, but would it be possible to extend the Phobia mod to remove scorpions or other mobs? I'm terrified of scorpions as well as spiders, I tried to see if I could edit the mod files and adjust things myself, but no dice. I'd be happy to do it myself if you could just point me at how to do it.

ohhhh walker

level and flatten rock tiles being a possibility in the future? ;)

So I'm getting some strange errors in my console, and I'm not certain if this is caused by the server itself or a cause of your Bounty Mod

Spoiler

[02:28:48 PM] WARNING com.wurmonline.server.webinterface.WebInterfaceImpl: Could not get ClientHost details due to not in a remote call
java.rmi.server.ServerNotActiveException: not in a remote call
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.getClientHost(TCPTransport.java:613)
at java.rmi.server.RemoteServer.getClientHost(RemoteServer.java:77)
at com.wurmonline.server.webinterface.WebInterfaceImpl.getRemoteClientDetails(WebInterfaceImpl.java:204)
at com.wurmonline.server.webinterface.WebInterfaceImpl.addMoneyToBank(WebInterfaceImpl.java:1848)
at com.wurmonline.server.webinterface.WebInterfaceImpl.addMoneyToBank(WebInterfaceImpl.java:1776)
at com.wurmonline.server.LoginServerWebConnection.addMoney(LoginServerWebConnection.java:243)
at com.wurmonline.server.players.Player.poll(Player.java:3715)
at com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Creatures.pollAllCreatures(Creatures.java:1716)
at com.wurmonline.server.zones.Zones.pollNextZones(Zones.java:1779)
at com.wurmonline.server.Server.run(Server.java:1853)
at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:555)
at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:505)

Either way, due to some issues I'm having with my server as of late I'd like to have all possibilities eliminated as a cause.

Since this mentions "addMoneyToBank" I'm led to believe that it is infact Bounty, as I have nothing else that automatically adds anything to a player's bank account.

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 0:46 AM, Eject said:

because the BOUNTYMOD

+1  I would LOVE this option for our server!  

• Like 1

@Battathere could be two options that i would like

1. get extra bounty if you bury the corpse (in percent or a given value), or...

2. just get the bounty if you bury the corpse

set the options in the properties file would be very cool

Eject

Edited by Eject

18 hours ago, Eject said:

@Battathere could be two options that i would like

1. get extra bounty if you bury the corpse (in percent or a given value), or...

2. just get the bounty if you bury the corpse

set the options in the properties file would be very cool

Eject

Too bad we can't charge them money for leaving corpses, dirt piles, and logs off-deed, lol.  :-)    <------------ just kidding...mostly  It does create a lot of lag to have so much junk lying around.

I like the idea of the bounty coming from burying the corpse. That way, other players who find one might help the GMs clean things up by burying corpses for us!

Edited by Batta

Yup, me too. I would love to see the ability to grant the bounty either on bury and/or configure the ability to provide x additional bounty for performing the bury action (something I've been looking for from day 1).

Please consider that while several people can kill a mob together and each one gets bounty only one can bury it. I think it would be a lot better if burying would be an additional bounty instead of replacing the old bounty since group hunting would be almost dead otherwise. Additionally it would encourage new players to play "Undertaker" and clean their area even if they cant kill the mobs by themself.

Edited by Bekador
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Bekador said:

Please consider that while several people can kill a mob together and each one gets bounty only one can bury it. I think it would be a lot better if burying would be an additional bounty instead of replacing the old bounty since group hunting would be almost dead otherwise. Additionally it would encourage new players to play "Undertaker" and clean their area even if they cant kill the mobs by themself.

Ah, good thinking.  So maybe you get the same bounty AGAIN if you bury it?  That seems like pretty great motivation for people to bury corpses.  :-)

Yes Bekador has a valid point which is why my preferred method of dealing with this is the bury action being its own event and associated bounty. I don't think I'd be in favor of same amount happening but as long as its a configurable option it doesn't matter it can be set to whatever someone wants for their community.

I'd be so stoked if someone could make that a reality! While I'll don't have much to offer right now I would even happily offer a few bucks as a thank-you gesture. :D I'm that passionate about having this feature.

I personally modified the bounty mod way before this bury thing. I do not offer bury bounties. In fact I have modified it so that when it awards the bounty it gets the number of attackers against the creature, and cuts the bounty based on that. So if you are 2 people your bounty gets determined (which I also have at random amounts between a low and high threashold on each creature) then it gets cut in half, if 3 people it gets divided by 3 etc. So group hunting can help you take tougher mobs and kill them faster, but you gotta kill more to keep the pace of a solo. Fair playing field for groups and solo.

Another thing you wan't to watch for using the bounty mod unless its been fixed since.... If a player kills a mob, then zombies it, then kills it again they get the bounty all over. Now add a bury bounty thats 3x bounty.

Edited by Xyp

That all being said, if you would like me to look at customizing the mod for you to make bury have a configurable parameter so you can modify global bury bounties up or down your choice based on a multiplier, I could possibly do that for you in the next week or so, if Walker isn't around.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Xyp said:

That all being said, if you would like me to look at customizing the mod for you to make bury have a configurable parameter so you can modify global bury bounties up or down your choice based on a multiplier, I could possibly do that for you in the next week or so, if Walker isn't around.

That would be mighty amazing! I'd personally configure it to have the bury bounty be way lower than the effort to actually kill the mob [more effort more reward, less ...., etc.] but it at least is something (of a thank-you for cleaning your crap up, haha). Plus if you are out an about and see corpses lying around from either someone not wanting to bury or natural deaths then you at least get some reward for being my grounds keeping slave, I mean helper. Group hunting modifying the total to be split across the party also makes sense. I want to say I don't that that has ever been addressed, I'd have to test. Been a long while since I've payed attention.

Yep I have a little oddball time this week I will slap it on the list. Bury is a bit of a different action, but hey its a shovel and a corpse, shouldn't be a problem.

On the note of wanting it so that you can encourage people to bury after an event. That is where outside the box thinking comes in. I include the new players by offering nice shovels to come bury corpses.

• Like 2

Any idea why on one server the bountymod reports that amount of money in the bank after the messages about the bounty being paid, and the same mod on another server doesn't?

I am getting an error with prospectmod on WU 1.5.0.1, the server log is below:

Spoiler

[07:56:54 PM] SEVERE org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.DelegatedLauncher: javassist.CannotCompileException: [source error] no such class: source
org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookException: javassist.CannotCompileException: [source error] no such class: source
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.prospectmod.ProspectMod.preInit(ProspectMod.java:64)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared.lambda$loadModsFromModDir$4(ModLoaderShared.java:103)
    at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.accept(ForEachOps.java:184)
    at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$2$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:175)
    at java.util.ArrayList$ArrayListSpliterator.forEachRemaining(ArrayList.java:1374)
    at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:481)
    at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:471)
    at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp.evaluateSequential(ForEachOps.java:151)
    at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.evaluateSequential(ForEachOps.java:174)
    at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:234)
    at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.forEach(ReferencePipeline.java:418)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared.loadModsFromModDir(ModLoaderShared.java:101)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.DelegatedLauncher.main(DelegatedLauncher.java:18)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at javassist.Loader.run(Loader.java:288)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.ServerLauncher.main(ServerLauncher.java:33)
Caused by: javassist.CannotCompileException: [source error] no such class: source
    at javassist.CtBehavior.insertBefore(CtBehavior.java:774)
    at javassist.CtBehavior.insertBefore(CtBehavior.java:734)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.prospectmod.ProspectMod.preInit(ProspectMod.java:61)
    ... 18 more
Caused by: compile error: no such class: source
    at javassist.compiler.MemberResolver.searchImports(MemberResolver.java:468)
    at javassist.compiler.MemberResolver.lookupClass(MemberResolver.java:412)
    at javassist.compiler.MemberResolver.lookupClassByJvmName(MemberResolver.java:319)
    at javassist.compiler.TypeChecker.atCallExpr(TypeChecker.java:683)
    at javassist.compiler.JvstTypeChecker.atCallExpr(JvstTypeChecker.java:157)
    at javassist.compiler.ast.CallExpr.accept(CallExpr.java:46)
    at javassist.compiler.TypeChecker.booleanExpr(TypeChecker.java:526)
    at javassist.compiler.TypeChecker.atBinExpr(TypeChecker.java:337)
    at javassist.compiler.ast.BinExpr.accept(BinExpr.java:41)
    at javassist.compiler.CodeGen.doTypeCheck(CodeGen.java:242)
    at javassist.compiler.CodeGen.compileBooleanExpr(CodeGen.java:236)
    at javassist.compiler.CodeGen.atIfStmnt(CodeGen.java:384)
    at javassist.compiler.CodeGen.atStmnt(CodeGen.java:355)
    at javassist.compiler.ast.Stmnt.accept(Stmnt.java:50)
    at javassist.compiler.Javac.compileStmnt(Javac.java:569)
    at javassist.CtBehavior.insertBefore(CtBehavior.java:754)
    ... 20 more

• Like 1