Sign in to follow this  
Borgir

WU2GMap - Google Maps generator for WU [discontinued]

Not sure if this is desired behaviour or not.

I have a map where there are several cases of people creating and then disbanding their deed. They then moved to a new location and used the same deed name when creating the new one. Ingame there is only deed with the appropriate name however on your map it shows all of the locations where that deed name has been. 

If this is desired behaviour would it be possible to make it configurable so I can tell it to only show current deeds?

Otherwise this is an excellent tool. Thank-you very much for making it.

~Nappy

Not sure if this is desired behaviour or not.

I have a map where there are several cases of people creating and then disbanding their deed. They then moved to a new location and used the same deed name when creating the new one. Ingame there is only deed with the appropriate name however on your map it shows all of the locations where that deed name has been. 

If this is desired behaviour would it be possible to make it configurable so I can tell it to only show current deeds?

Otherwise this is an excellent tool. Thank-you very much for making it.

~Nappy

Hey, it's a bug (all deeds are being selected now, even disbanded ones), I'll have to fix it, thanks for testing.

Would it be possible to add a "feature" where I place a file called Landmarks.txt in the source directory. Inside the file there are names like this:

X, Y, Label

9, 25, Lake Nappy

17,26, Highway One

32, 26, Highway One

The idea is that this would allow me to label places on the map. The highway example is where the same label is being placed at multiple locations on the map.

Perhaps a different font type or color would also be possible?

One other request. Would it be possible to add the locations of the White Light and the Black Light to the map as well?

Thanks for good ideas. I'll try to implement asap :)

Again, just wanted to convey my appreciation to you and all the other modders who are making my Wurm even better. 

~Nappy

• Like 1

Version v0.9-beta.5 is available for testing:

• added altars
  • added support for landmarks (external data) - see updated Guide for more info
  • fixed bug: disbanded villages shouldn't be shown on map anymore

Marker icons, fonts (type, size, color), etc... will be configurable soon.

Edited by Borgir

Downloaded and executed the new version. 

Altars are showing in correct position.

Only active deeds are visible.

Landmarks work nicely. I tried one word landmark names the first time. About to try using multiple words.

Interestingly enough, all altars show on map in addition to Altar of Three and Huge bone altar, I can also see location of Altar of Fo, Altar of Magnaron etc

Landmarks worked perfectly with two words like Vanaheim Bay.

This is awesome. Thank-you very much!

Oops, one more request. Would it be possible to also have an option to see landmarks on the underground map as well?

Interestingly enough, all altars show on map in addition to Altar of Three and Huge bone altar, I can also see location of Altar of Fo, Altar of Magnaron etc

Yeah, I included all altars for now. Maybe I'll split "huge ones" and "small ones" into 2 separate groups later.

Oops, one more request. Would it be possible to also have an option to see landmarks on the underground map as well?

Sure, I'll fix it tomorrow.

Again, thanks for testing and feedback, that's exactly what I need :)

Haha, yeah, that'd be interesting to see.

Some time ago we've been trying to map Indy (by counting tiles manually), but it was pretty much impossible task (without the server database access):

http://diggu.github.io/independence/underground/

the manual mapping of old mines, rebuilding them (erasing them as needed) and mapping out all my new mines have been some of the most fun projects I've done.  I still have maps for every one of my deeds.  The only things I never fully documented in my own mines was the elevation of each tile and the QL of the stone tiles.  My last mine project was 3000 tiles and uncovered about 250 veins of ore.  Anyone that makes mine mapping tools makes me happy.

• Like 1

Here's a snippet from my server map. 

http://imgur.com/pI1L4jT

You can see the landmarks used in two ways on this map.

Vanaheim Bay is an example of naming a bay or lake

N1 is shown several times on a long roadway connecting Founder's Keep with Napland Market. (The interesting thing about this is that I originally placed the N1 markers in almost the same positions that the guard towers ended up going in so I will soon move the markers to give a clearer view of the 5 guard towers along that highway (3 are hidden by N1 markers).

Try not to groan too much with some additional comments here - grin

1) Founders Keep token is actually located inside the collection of longhouses to the NE of the deed marker. This is a huge deed so the marker shown on the map is likely correct for center of deed but my preference would be to have the marker where the token actually is if possible

2) Highway N1 has 11 bridges along it's route (it crosses through a mountain pass and using bridges made for a much more scenic creative approach). As you can see in the snippet the bridges are the same color as buildings. Would it be possible to a) use a different unique color for bridges or B) use a different unique color for each type of bridge (wood, rope, marble,stone) ?

Again, all is appreciated especially that you seem to like the feedback and sharing of ideas.

~Nappy

the manual mapping of old mines, rebuilding them (erasing them as needed) and mapping out all my new mines have been some of the most fun projects I've done.  I still have maps for every one of my deeds.  The only things I never fully documented in my own mines was the elevation of each tile and the QL of the stone tiles.  My last mine project was 3000 tiles and uncovered about 250 veins of ore.  Anyone that makes mine mapping tools makes me happy.

Wow, that's quite impressive project :)

Hello there,

There is a bug in the HTML output of the map writer. If the world name contains an apostrophe in the name (in my case Adambean's World) this prevents the Javascript from working.

End of line 2 in index.html:

<script>var wuTypeOptions = {getTileUrl: function(coord, zoom) {var bound = Math.pow(2, zoom);return 'tiles/' + zoom + '/' + coord.x + '-' + coord.y + '.png';},tileSize: new google.maps.Size(256, 256),maxZoom:6,minZoom:0,radius: 1738000,name: 'Adambean's World'};

This has happened because of the string printout there. The apostrophe should be escaped with a backslash.

Edit: Yep, if I change 'Adambean's World' to 'Adambean\'s World' it works fine. Not a bad mapping tool you've got there. :) Thanks

Edited by Adambean

would it be possible to say make an updater for just deed locations and such? reason being is i currently update my map for my server for public view once every week(terrain wise) but update deeds daily

On 27/11/2015, 22:35:19, Adambean said:

Hello there,

There is a bug in the HTML output of the map writer. If the world name contains an apostrophe in the name (in my case Adambean's World) this prevents the Javascript from working.

End of line 2 in index.html:

<script>var wuTypeOptions = {getTileUrl: function(coord, zoom) {var bound = Math.pow(2, zoom);return 'tiles/' + zoom + '/' + coord.x + '-' + coord.y + '.png';},tileSize: new google.maps.Size(256, 256),maxZoom:6,minZoom:0,radius: 1738000,name: 'Adambean's World'};

This has happened because of the string printout there. The apostrophe should be escaped with a backslash.

Edit: Yep, if I change 'Adambean's World' to 'Adambean\'s World' it works fine. Not a bad mapping tool you've got there. :) Thanks

Hey, yeah, it's known bug https://github.com/diggu/wu2gmap/issues/1

I'll try to fix asap, but I'm too busy at work these days :(

Thanks for testing.

On 29/11/2015, 03:39:30, wipeout said:

would it be possible to say make an updater for just deed locations and such? reason being is i currently update my map for my server for public view once every week(terrain wise) but update deeds daily

Added on my todo list.

Altars show on surface map even when located underground (in caves).

Excellent tool!

~Nappy

11 hours ago, Borgir said:

Hey, yeah, it's known bug https://github.com/diggu/wu2gmap/issues/1

I'll try to fix asap, but I'm too busy at work these days :(

Thanks for testing.

Ah OK no problem, thank you for acknowledging. Not a huge deal for me as I can use SED to correct it after each build.

Thank you for your mapping tool. :)

Forgot to mention: Your tool easily showed me why a major glitch in the rock layer occurred. I wish I took a screen shot, but near the North of the world the visual showed that the rock layer was saving in spaced out bands vertically. This caused the rock layer to be shifted southwards from about 25% distance from the North border. Not a huge deal had been done on my world yet so I just copied the rock layer from the vanilla adventure world, and this corrected it.

Edited by Adambean

On 01/12/2015, 18:20:30, Nappy said:

Altars show on surface map even when located underground (in caves).

Thanks for the info, will fix it later.