Sign in to follow this  
hulkmccracken

[PvE]NewtownPCGWurm

NewtownPCGWurm Website

NewtownPCGWurm Steam Group

Welcome to one and all to the [PvE]NewtownPCGWurm server!!!
If you played Wurm before and were part of any PCG Gamer Villager even as far back as Golden Valley then welcome back!!!

If you are new to Wurm or never played in the PCG Gamer village then your are very welcome to join and put down some roots here too as we are very friendly bunch of people and love nothing more than helping each other out.
As a PCG Villager I loved nothing more than helping the other villagers and anyone else who needed help but also going out on hunts and general exploring the landscape, villages and villagers that inhabited this land.

The server details:-

• Server Name = [PvE]NewtownPCGWurm
  • 24/7 Hosted Server (I plan to run this for a very long time and don;t have any end date as I loved Wurm Online but always wanted my own server)
  • Creative Mode using the default Ocrea Map
  • 2x Skill Gain (who wants to wait forever to get a little bit of skills)
  • 2x Action Timer (who wants to watch a progress bar slowly creep up)
  • 2x Faster Farming (10 hours between farming stages (default is 1 hour which is way too fast… hello weeds))
  • Free Beds in Spawn Town
  • Complete Smithing & Cooking setups in Spawn Town
  • Free access to beds, forges, ovens etc
  • Free Deeds
  • Free Welcome Pack
  • Nightly backups to ensure we don’t lose lots of our work on the server
  • Weekly restarts to ensure the server is stable
  • Future events with rewards

Everyone is welcome to join and go it alone, or join a village and come and go as they please and we only have 1 rule – play nice  :)

Edited by hulkmccracken

Ironport provides greetings!

As the closest town to Spawn Village, I will be providing what support I can to new arrivals, generally offering boat rides to varying coasts.

Later once more consolidated at Ironport, I will also be crafting rowboats for Newtown spawn deed periodically for new arrivals to use. If you use a Newtown Rowboat and no longer need use of one, please return it in a repaired + useable condition for other new arrivals.

If I (Xzal) are not online upon your arrival, Lodowick might be available.

With the various farmers on the server all having some fun growing lots of weeds the timer has been changed in line with the 2x faster timers and skill gains set. We now have 2x Faster Farming over the default of the Wurm Online settings.

This means there are now 10 hours between farming stages instead of the Wurm Unlimited default of 1 hour which was way too fast.

Now you can grow your weeds in around 60-70 hours :)

Hello, everyone! Now I'm finally up and running, I send my regards to anyone who wishes to join us on this amazing server. Hulk is a brilliant admin who really listens to suggestions anyone has to improve the server (even if I was being a little dictatorial in doing so :P), and everyone I've spoken to has been incredibly friendly and welcoming. I hope to share that attitude towards anyone new who wishes to join us, whether it be in the form of materials, guidance, or just someone to talk to!

Message me in game either by sending me a /tell or just talking to me in global, I'm always happy to help.

If you're in the area too, be sure to come down to my Retreat for some warm food and (soon) wine. :D