Sign in to follow this  
Crystl

Dragons and Dragon Eggs

So I have a server started and one of the players found a black dragon hatchling that I did not summon,  Does the game randomly create epic mobs for the game? 

Also on another note, is it possible to make or summon a dragon egg?  If so how would I go about doing that?

Dragons are Freedom mobs, Not related to Valrei.  They only spawn one or so a month, though.  and take 20 ish people to kill.  

hatchlings spawn a bit more often, and only take 10 or fewer/more depending on group to kill.

Dragons have been spawning on normal servers since Xanu, pretty sure you can summon at least a Dragon with GM powers and GM staffs

I had a world created that had a single white hatchling, which I only noticed by going through the database on existing creatures. It may or may not be a rare event.  It surprised me as I thought on WU they were GM summoned only (since a dragon on a singleplayer world is trouble unless you can GM it into not wrecking everything. I am not sure if they purposefully look for structures to demolish, or if that is very rare and usually only if trapped).   I did not see it on the world just in the world's database. 

I would imagine your server players would think it was cool even if they could not kill it, but if necessary you can delete it from database also.

I have not heard about other unques  (troll king etc). That could get nasty on a singleplayer or small family server. 

I see all the dragons + hatchlings colors under Summon (using GM ebony wand) but I only see egg under Create, it is listed as a hen egg (I tried making a crystal one but it came out an ordinaty hen;s egg)  and I could not figure a way to do a dragon egg, but if a hen egg is possible I would think a dragon egg is possible too. But as a spawned created item not as a summoned creature. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Not to all we, uniques are severally weaker in wurm you. We 3 manned a black dragon(not hatchling) wearing medium weapons, was a fight to be sure but we did it.

yup yup, I just came back to update that I finally found a Huge Egg on the GM Create list but Elwood ggot here first :P

• Like 1

the dragons do respawn after being killed im hosting a family server and we killed the back dragon hatchling not such big truble now when you dont need rare  stuff to even scratch it  and we were 5 players.  but now just  a few days ago it spawned again it was like a months since we killed it...   but im the only GM on the server and i dident spawn it

anyway thay are extreamly  nerfed all of the uniques except the troll king it rekt uss big time.      but we all hade about 70.80 ql plate and 80+ ql weapons everyone except me has over 80 FS so we can kill all dragons but only 2 black dragons has spawned thats the point off it all  we killed it and it respawned

I beleive that if you do not have the DPS to kill the troll king with in the first 5 mins, its health regeneration kicks in as is almost impossible to kill.

The timer resets when the health hits 100%, i think.

Uniques have 1/30 chance of spawning everyday, averaging ro 1 a month. (Random)

On WU thr kyclopes, Red Dragon and Troll king seem unnerfed from WO versions but you can kill them all with a few people they are some ways to do this.

Mag can dominate trolls(greenish are best but champ will be good) these can help tank and do damage to them.

Libila is even better an easier to use for this with rebirth. With the added benefit of being able to equip it with huge weapons.

With WU you can also create fighting alts with 70 fs and some weapon skill for free. Often alts have been used in WO to the same effect.

Some tips:

Weapons for killing the unqiues should be:

Huge axes (highest damage) or artifacts(scepter, hammer)

Enchants

Self healers demise(works on all as they all heal every unqiue does).

Rotting touch(slows healing)

Nimbleness(extra cr)

Coc and ms optional but good to have.

Aggressive fighting is a must imo for unique killing unless tanking the shield and hammer of mag in normal. If no hammer then def with any weapon with good parry medium maul,small maul, longsword,short sword.

I suggest medium maul, with lesser uniques this will hit and do good damage. Replace rt with life transfer for sustain.

Tips:

Horses and on a hill(40+) above the unique will give you extra cr (+3 in total =15 fs).

Libila spell weakness is a huge nerf to the hp pool of uniques esp the 3 above.

Smite sucks on uniques.

Fo priest with light of fo can save you alot of deaths and counter the aoe of many dragons.

Plant a temp deed near the unique and ally yo spawn there.

• Like 2