Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Bugged fountains renamed

Even without any sidestepping. Rolf and team and even the new wiki team do not wish to disclose how things are supposed to work. They want you to have the 'fun' of discovery. If you discover something different, who is to know if it was intended or not. Sometimes they declare it a but sometimes they don't. So what you do today may indeed be a bug/exploit tomorrow. Welcome to Cheaters ummm Wurm Online.

If they didn't want us to know how Wurm works they wouldn't have given us the code (WU).

False attribution – an advocate appeals to an irrelevant, unqualified, unidentified, biased or fabricated source in support of an argument.

Argumentum ad hominem – the evasion of the actual topic by directing an attack at your opponent.

Psychologist's fallacy – an observer presupposes the objectivity of his own perspective when analyzing a behavioral event.

Red herring – a speaker attempts to distract an audience by deviating from the topic at hand by introducing a separate argument the speaker believes is easier to speak to.

• Poisoning the well – a type of ad hominem where adverse information about a target is presented with the intention of discrediting everything that the target person says.[62]

Abusive fallacy – a subtype of "ad hominem" when it turns into verbal abuse of the opponent rather than arguing about the originally proposed argument.[63]

Special pleading – where a proponent of a position attempts to cite something as an exemption to a generally accepted rule or principle without justifying the exemption.

Not going to answer again, if you wish to reasonably argue it then PM me

LMAO Yes, I fabricated you and your your posts.

I didn't attack you. I pointed out you use an exploit while condemning people who use an exploits. It was a direct quote followed by the observation that you yourself use a loophole.

Psychologist's fallacy. I used your own objectivity stated in your previous posts when you explained that using something that obviously sidesteps intended mechanics is an exploit.

There is no red herring. You are on about people using exploits. Or is this limited solely to pans and not other ones?

Poisoning the well. Maybe so. But you stated yourself that you sidestep mechanics so you discredited yourself. It was information you presented yourself, not information I dredged up elsewhere.

Abusive? No. Maybe aggressively asserting that you yourself do what you preach against.

Special pleading. Again, no. I think I explained quite clearly that there are mechanics in place and items bound to those mechanics and that you sidestep their use through a mechanics loophole. This is precisely what an exploit is.

Try this one on... Argument from Adverse Consequences: Asserting that an argument must be false because the implications of it being true would create negative results. 

Edited by Audrel

That is just recently.  All the years before?  Yes it is nice seeing alot of the code to finally find out how some things actually are supposed to work.

When you finally get bored, as you will if you cannot appreciate a game for all its principles

Why are you trying to pick and choose what I appreciate? I appreciate seeing what people have built, seeing what natural things the AI creates, fussing around over my animals. What DOES bore me is repetitive actions like repairing. I play a priest so I can't imp, so every cycle of repair makes my items decay even faster. I want to play the way I like to play. What you're suggesting is FORCING me to play one certain way.

you leave a gigantic mess that will become a real lag fest as the damage ticks have to cycle of tens of thousands of totally useless items.  

Now THAT is easy to fix - ramp up the decay on objects/buildings owned by toons that don't log in for x amount of months.

then there would be no markets for most things, there would tons of rares which removes any satisfaction of creating rares.

I'm not here to play "market," and no matter what, I feel happy when I get a rare. I don't care what other people have. Again you're imposing your method of play, and your motives, on other people. And I don't mean just you, I mean when people argue against people disliking having to do the same motions over and over and over and over. Some people enjoy being forced to repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat. There are those of us who don't. Everyone should be able to play the way they like to play.

No point hunting uniques if every armor set ever stays in the market ether through market or looting.

I just had another unique spawn inside my living room. People came to help kill it. We all did get a small piece of leather, but I don't think that was the main reason most people came. It was fun, and would have been extra fun if the division of loot was automated at the end of it all.

if you cannot appreciate a game for what it is then why do you bother?  

There are plenty of things I appreciate about the game. I'd enjoy it even more if I could stop having to do the same things over and over and over and over. Maybe even friends would try it and stay, instead of saying wtf and never signing in again.

Probably be happier on a modified WU server if you cannot stand decay.

As soon as they bother to make a Mac client I will.

I do not make more bricks than i need as i know i will lose 10% in bulk store, nor dig much more than i need, i store rare mats on priests and alts,...nothing wrong with the decay in the game.

That's great for you. I'm glad you can enjoy yourself that way. I am not allowed to dig; my priest is slow at making such things as bricks. I don't enjoy making bricks. So I buy them, and dirt, from players who are willing to get these items and sell them. The delivery process is a pain; I will have a hard time saying "I need exactly 352 bricks; please deliver to Deli coast. I order an amount that a person is willing to deliver. Then I lose a good portion of it to decay, even though I'll need those bricks in a while.

The fountain containers were never declared an exploit in fact it was considered wurm history. So for all who are crying and pointing fingers saying those who have or use them are cheaters should rethink those accusations as such is against the rules. If the developers thought it was an exploit then they should have said as much instead of doing a debate on it and implementing the current changes.

• Like 1

This sounds awfully familiar to other topics of have not players. I hear it all the time with scale "Everyone with drake and scale are elitist" "Everyone with Fountain backpacks are exploiting cheaters." I have played Wurm Online long enough to have heard it all.

• Like 3

To everyone involved,

Remove the timer from the fountain pans from 1 year, implement a better solution or none at all (renaming is fine!) Stop acting like its a bug, stop thinking your right because you're not. Bugs are game breaking mechanics like walking in a cave and dying from suffocation, putting stuff in a fountain isn't. How about the devs/staff fix actual bugs and implement game content like you used to and stop crusading over this like madman.

I do not know what GM/DEV/Staff member suggested in irc that fountain containers is a bug even though it's been in the game longer then most players here - but it's extremely apparent to me that you're terrible at making game decisions and I think you should rethink why you want to volunteer for this game cause it looks like you're hurting it from my perspective.

You've created way to much drama, you've forced long term players to rethink why they play this game (myself included), people are quitting because of this, you've created a lot of mistrust, and when it comes to owning just about anything always the looming threat that "it's a bug and it's going to get removed" nothing is truly safe, what's next really? .40kg butcher knifes, birchwood weapons that are impable, no drop birchwood skillers?

Those players in this thread that are saying people that own these are 'cheaters' 'exploiters' - why don't you get off your high horse, and your not helping the situation with the antagonistic remarks either and it's truly despicable of you..

Long are the days when WO was fun to be apart of, just drama and a dose of extra drama now. I really hope you rethink this.

-Niki

• Like 3

what's next really? .40kg butcher knifes, birchwood weapons that are impable, no drop birchwood skillers?

While it's a good point, those items should still exist, they are legit items whereas a fountain squashed into a saucepan clearly isn't.

As for the point that doing this is hurting the game, that it was stated an alternative solution would be created. I'd prefer that to be put into place ASAP and that way people can just move their stuff over into those new storage containers and be done with this. The only ones who would still be upset then are those who bought them as an investment item, which would be a mistake for a virtual world which for all we know could shut down tomorrow.

While it's a good point, those items should still exist, they are legit items whereas a fountain squashed into a saucepan clearly isn't.

As for the point that doing this is hurting the game, that it was stated an alternative solution would be created. I'd prefer that to be put into place ASAP and that way people can just move their stuff over into those new storage containers and be done with this. The only ones who would still be upset then are those who bought them as an investment item, which would be a mistake for a virtual world which for all we know could shut down tomorrow.

Or the people that liked them as a artifact and wanted a piece of game history.....

but nobody remembers us, especially the devs apparently.  :unsure:

on a slight side note: Technically speaking, since FP are "apparently" bugs to this day, So are those knives. They aren't the same weight as knives now are, thus, they are bugs. and considering I have no access to one, unless I buy one............see where I'm going with this?

Can, Of, Worms.

Just like with the fountain containers, it was said that you shouldn't be able to cast enchants on some of the noob tools.  You can't do that anymore because of that.  They did not remove the existing ones.  They still exist.  

Well, the thing now to remember is we do have the source rifts for 3xx days and counting, but they have not yet been removed.

That gives those who want to campaign plenty of time to convince Rolf to back off. Hell if he wanted he could even top up the timer if a good idea came along near the expiration date.

I'm like Druidnature in that I like to keep Wurm oddities and mementos and the thought of these actually removing themselves from the game is pretty sad. Perhaps once the timer expires they can't be used as containers any more instead of evaporating and get given a funky model so I can place them in my house to say "ooh look at the shiny" Just a thought.

Disclaimer : I have a few of these.

• Like 4

Good point Druidnature, there is a clearly a demand for collector's items (as evidenced by Challenge) and these are a good example indeed.

The only ones who would still be upset then are those who bought them as an investment item, which would be a mistake for a virtual world which for all we know could shut down tomorrow.

Please let me know where storing stuff on alts or merchants is a known bug/exploit and will be removed one day.

I know using merchants to store items used to be publicly considered a exploit by staff for the storage of items. They used to get removed with all items on them if found to be used for storage. I would guess they just got lazy on the enforcement side since they added the ability to make them drop items on the pvp servers.

I know using merchants to store items used to be publicly considered a exploit by staff for the storage of items. They used to get removed with all items on them if found to be used for storage. I would guess they just got lazy on the enforcement side since they added the ability to make them drop items on the pvp servers.

I believe that was only on the Pvp servers as merchants could be used to keep items safe from the enemy

[14:05:19] You enter Fountain Of Tears.

My place holder deed for the next year, with 1 year upkeep funded until we see how this shakes out.

Decay takes all things eventually, especially my heart.

Theria.

Don't even ask what happens when one is put inside another... bad things happen.

halolz-dot-com-portal-nowyourethinkingwi

• Like 1

On 5. 11. 2015 at 3:07 PM, Retrograde said:

Perhaps i misspoke, changes were coming, as to what they were we decided to communicate with the playerbase and gather feedback before making any decisions.

My role is to simply continue discussion about proposed changes and gather as much feedback as I can.

Unfortunately we cant always address each concern, but we do look at the wider picture prior to making any decisions

Ive been in the game for  a quite while and i could see what playerbase is the team listening to.

I just hope you guys will do what you promised. I myself own one fountain pan and it took me a long time to get one. Using for smithing

Sign in to follow this