Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Bugged fountains renamed

The legacy fountains inside smaller containers have been changed a bit. Their function is exactly the same as before in most respects but are named “unstable source rift”. These rifts will disappear in a bit more than a year from now. When they disappear any items inside will either end up in the container they are in at that time or outside on the ground if they don’t fit.

Rifts are made from magic and not from stone, so they can not be improved.

We will add features that compensate for the loss of most or all of the functionality that these provide up until then.

• Like 6

• We will add features that compensate for the loss of most or all of the functionality that these provide up until then.

Please clarify!

• Like 1

These features will come over time, not straight away, as they come they will be included in update notes

• Like 1

Results in, decaying containers, have nots win.... 

All you people who cried about these and did not own them - dont expect to have jack in life, crying irl does not work like this

• Like 2

Retrograde, is this your personal vendetta?? you have been all over this and it seems what you wanted happened.

• Like 2

•  These rifts will disappear in a bit more than a year from now.

Please clarify!

I would assume the year timer on it is to give them time to come up with those said solutions and clarify it.

can we fix permissions for pvp on chaos? the game is still broken

Can't bash walls/structures on enemy deeds, can't drop stuff when templar is alive, can't drop in enemy house AT ALL

Can't cast spells on enemy deed.

Can't use sorcery abilities/karma  on enemy deed.

and CAN WE REMOVE HUNTED STATUS FROM CHAOS????

• Like 6

You have a year to use them and we will get comparable functioning things over that time too that everyone can use so sounds great to me. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 6

This game is so backwards with what is fixed, content thats released, ect.. Maybe all the WU money can be used to hiring someone who has a bit of common sense.

Hint: Some people play this game for economy.  Between your choices and the drop in the price of Euro, the notion of economy is slowly fading.  Once that is gone you lose another portion of players.  

Example:  You just went to Hollywood. Popped the tires on everyone's exotic cars just because you heard the bum on the corner that has begged everyday of his life cry because he has no car.

Edited by tgod

Glad to know you joined the dev team Kegan.  Now can we get some answers from someone with a neat little tag that is in the know?

• Like 4

From my part, idc, give everyone one, don´t just want to lose mine because someone has a problem with them. Make them not tradeable and give out as xmas gifts or what ever. But added funcionalities in the near future seems like - we will do something, not sure yet what or when, but we will. Why not make the plan now and give out the full plan? And Yeah Retrograde really has some personal vendetta vs those items. Sad to see things pushed thru from that side....

This game is so backwards with what is fixed, content thats released, ect.. Maybe all the WU money can be used to hiring someone who has a bit of common sense.

They are keeping them in game until they release functionality comparable to them for everyone, what is your problem again sorry? This seems pretty win-win for everyone, can't have everything go 100% your way in life also, seeing how your giving life lessons now ;)

Edited by Darklords
  • Like 3

Retrograde, is this your personal vendetta?? you have been all over this and it seems what you wanted happened.

Hardly, I simply hoped to introduce a better level of communication about these changes, giving players warning and a chance to give input prior to these being implemented.

Edited by Retrograde
  • Like 7

Hardly, I simply hoped to introduce a better level of communication about these changes, giving players warning and a chance to give input prior to these being implemented.

Heh, yeah we saw the thread. Seems you were very active pushing this thing from one side.

All in all, good to know i can store my stuff in the for a year instead of having it on an alt..

Heh, yeah we saw the thread. Seems you were very active pushing this thing from one side.

These changes were coming anyways, would you have preferred no communication prior?

Changed how?

There has been no direct changes other than the name at the moment, they can be heated, and act the same as they did prior to the change, just with the expiry date attached

• Like 3

They are keeping them in game until they release functionality comparable to them for everyone, what is your problem again sorry? This seems pretty win-win for everyone, can't have everything go 100% your way in life also, seeing how your giving life lessons now ;)

Life lessons lol.... 

Didn't see the answer to my question.

Thanks Retrograde for that.  Kept trying to get into the game so I could go see.

Edited by Pashka
  • Like 1

We have a another year to enjoy them, while we look forward to new game content.

I call a it a good compromise. 

• Like 10

These changes were coming anyways, would you have preferred no communication prior?

Why open a discussion if the mind is made up on the changes? Why show someone defend one side of the argument while everything is already decided?

• Like 4

Another one of pseudoproblems fixed... *longlasting applause*

can we fix permissions for pvp on chaos? the game is still broken

Can't bash walls/structures on enemy deeds, can't drop stuff when templar is alive, can't drop in enemy house AT ALL

Can't cast spells on enemy deed.

Can't use sorcery abilities/karma  on enemy deed.

and CAN WE REMOVE HUNTED STATUS FROM CHAOS????

Oh and please.. PRETTY PLEASE, make it so that chaos can be considered a full pvp server..

• Like 2

Why open a discussion if the mind is made up on the changes? Why show someone defend one side of the argument while everything is already decided?

Perhaps i misspoke, changes were coming, as to what they were we decided to communicate with the playerbase and gather feedback before making any decisions.

My role is to simply continue discussion about proposed changes and gather as much feedback as I can.

Unfortunately we cant always address each concern, but we do look at the wider picture prior to making any decisions

Life lessons lol.... 

All you people who cried about these and did not own them - dont expect to have jack in life, crying irl does not work like this

Ya lol

This is literally te dumbest thing you could do. "They will change in function ability over time", what the hell does that mean? Does it mean they and all our items in them will poof one Monday morning 2 months away? Does it mean the items will take 50x decay? What????

I cannot believe this is a change you are putting in.

What compensation? What is some compensation?

This games development is so off track, no wonder you have staff dropping out left and right.

Edited by Redd

Sign in to follow this