Sign in to follow this  
Ulviirala

[ALPHA] Better Gamemasters 1.1.1 (Hotfix)

7 hours ago, wipeout said:

not sure if suggested yet but increasing the item limit one can have in ones inventory as gm to 2000 as in i can carry 2k dirt on me but then i cant create things eg planks so say raise the cap to like 2k or like 10k if possible or gone all together if even possible as quite a few times while landscaping i figured it be easier to create something then scroll through that entire long item list only to realize i gotta drop everything i have on me first(and over 1400 items dropped in 1 go you get a dc >.>)

off topic but you can search for items instead of scrolling through the list of items where it shows the * type something like *dirt and it'll find dirt or *statue* and it'll show everything that has the word statue in it.

8 hours ago, wipeout said:

not sure if suggested yet but increasing the item limit one can have in ones inventory as gm to 2000 as in i can carry 2k dirt on me but then i cant create things eg planks so say raise the cap to like 2k or like 10k if possible or gone all together if even possible as quite a few times while landscaping i figured it be easier to create something then scroll through that entire long item list only to realize i gotta drop everything i have on me first(and over 1400 items dropped in 1 go you get a dc >.>)

I see, yes... I'd dare say that it's because the check for inventory item count is inconsistent. Many things use the method in the Creature class (the seemingly proper way, where Better Gamemasters applies it's leverage yet), other things make the same check on their own instead. I'll put it on the todo list that I meant to work through this weekend (but ended up not doing).

It is a shame that it isn't that you are a normal player until you active the ebony wand. However I am not sure what things you might have to do GM wise while it is not active. Imagine activating the wand and having it toggle from normal play skills to max GM skills with all the GM menus and your enhancements.

Also I wonder if one could create a mod or in addition to this mod an extended Teleport interface. So we can teleport to any player online or offline. any deed, or major object like the soulfall stones, the alter of three, bone alter. special items in world like source springs and source fountains, treasure chests. and unique monsters, guard towers. I imagine it would have to have check boxes or radio buttons or popups to do filtering to get these lists so it is not a huge mess in one list.

Edited by Crustyfoot
typo - I am bad spelling king!

an other thing(smaller this time)

allow gms to set aux data to 4 and use change terrain again

the id 4 is for rock and somewhere along the way it got disabled so you cant easily use the change terrain button to turn a tile to rock anymore(gotta jump through the menu's now)

i guess its because all the veins and such where disabled at the same time as well(next to anything above 100)

Odd.  I installed this and whenever I tried to do something, it said I wasn't close enough.  Removed the mod ... all ok.

Any ideas?

Ability to toggle stamina use on and off. Even as a GM, I use stamina to do things and often this means getting a message to rest, especially when I'm flattening terrain in a large area one tile at a time.

Not sure if this is a beta build bug but my GM's stamina bar wouldn't go back up again when I tried out the Beta build and ran it out while flying. For this reason, a toggle to run off stamina use for a GM would be helpful.

Edited by Tryst

Would love to see a "disable all sounds for GM actions" option.

Every time I spawn mobs etc I send off that annoying carving knife on wood sound. My victims/players always know I am up to something when they hear that sound.

is this mod not working with server 1.0.0.6? that would be bad i loved this mod so much

12 hours ago, Eject said:

is this mod not working with server 1.0.0.6? that would be bad i loved this mod so much

This definitely does work with 1.0.0.6 i used it myself a xouple of times, but the whole stamina but put me off a tad.

hmmm odd, its not working at my servers since the update

(tried it now again)

Cheers,

I have no excuses for not having continued work on this, I had simply lost all desire in Wurm as well as programming for a while, and consistency is not one of my better personal traits either, which resulted in a quasi abandon of this mod, that requires many hours of work, researching and finding a way to properly implement desired features. Oh, and then trying to test the features with the little GM work I was actually doing.

Although I do the GM work on a friend's private server at this time, having experienced the annoying limitations of the mighty level 5 powers once more, I can't promise an update, and certainly not a continued maintenance, I'm afraid. The time investment is simply too high in comparison of the returns, but I will probably spend some time modding for a little while. I'm sorry if this caused any inconvenience that can reasonably be blamed on me ♥

Ugh... I forgot how dreadfully awful this forum software was...

/edit: Spending time programming today, I've looked over this mod, and the few things that it does should still work. In places where it doesn't, I'd largely blame it on code inconsistencies, not relying on the methods that have been modified.

Edited by Ulviirala

The change that makes you not slow down no matter how much you carry, is incompatible with bdew's movemod, replacing relevant method bodies completely. You can try make them work by renaming the BetterGamemasters.properties file, and the BetterGamemasters directory to "zBetterGamemasters" and "zBetterGamemasters.properties" respectively, forcing it to load after the movemod, effectively modifying movemod's new bodies, which worked for me. I'm not sure if there's a way to change the load order otherwise.

• Like 1

This mod was working perfectly for us, but suddenly we GMs require mats again to build a floor or stairway. The other features of the mod still work. At the same time, the crafting window for all players stopped accepting floors and stairways, too, and they must now be done by right-clicking and choosing "continue building" over & over. I wondered if the two problems are related, and if so, is there a fix?

2 hours ago, Batta said:

This mod was working perfectly for us, but suddenly we GMs require mats again to build a floor or stairway. The other features of the mod still work. At the same time, the crafting window for all players stopped accepting floors and stairways, too, and they must now be done by right-clicking and choosing "continue building" over & over. I wondered if the two problems are related, and if so, is there a fix?

The crafting window for floors and stairways not working was a bug introduced in WO and carried into WU quite a while ago, if I'm not mistaken and that's the behaviour you mean. It should have nothing to do with Better Gamemasters. 

Bugfix: Fixed a bug that would not allow you to continue building floors, roofs and stairs in the crafting window for buildings on deed.

http://www.wurmonline.com/2016/10/06/patch-notes-6oct2016/

As for "suddenly" requiring materials again, although computers can have ghosts, usually it doesn't happen all by itself. I would assume that there's either another new mod, or a change in load order where like bdew's move mod iirc, completely void my patches/intrumentation to the vanilla code.

Some mods simply create a hook, intercepting a method call, and sometimes decide to never call the original method with the patched code, that Better Gamemasters (or any other mod) has made.

I'm still waiting for the Cooking Update beta to start revisiting my mods, including this one. But so far I haven't even seen an ETA on that, the last thing I heard was "mid/end December 2016". Seeing how long it's been since the last WU patch though, I have few nice things to say about the amount of resources dedicated to it.

I've already put in absolutely no stamina drain for GMs, but that was just a quick side thing. I don't want to blow a couple days work on this before the update, and then having to spend at least another after :( 

Okay, good to know it has been an issue for others. In our case, we were able to use the crafting window for floors, etc., and GMs were able to build them without mats, but then with no changes at all, it suddenly stopped in the middle of a building project we were working on. I own the server, and I was logged into the game building a house when it happened, between doing one floor and moving on to the next. 

That doesn't mean it isn't a Wurm issue, rather than an issue with the mod, and I'll trust that you are correct. However, does anyone know how I can get it fixed so that things work properly again?

I rejected this mod when I first saw it because it sucked the guts out of my stamina, but after coming back this week and rereading everything, I see that it was fixed, fortunately i'm using it now because I have a lot of materials to move around and having to go back and forth to get marble every 2-3 mins became tedious so hats off to you  for your hard work on this one.

10 hours ago, Batta said:

Okay, good to know it has been an issue for others. In our case, we were able to use the crafting window for floors, etc., and GMs were able to build them without mats, but then with no changes at all, it suddenly stopped in the middle of a building project we were working on. I own the server, and I was logged into the game building a house when it happened, between doing one floor and moving on to the next. 

That doesn't mean it isn't a Wurm issue, rather than an issue with the mod, and I'll trust that you are correct. However, does anyone know how I can get it fixed so that things work properly again?

Absolutely agree, that is really odd. Unfortunately I have no clue how I would debug it, as I haven't encountered it myself yet. I will check it out on my friend's and a local test server though, and if it happens there as well, I will try to look into the cause. Maybe it is the mod after all :wacko:

7 hours ago, ozmods said:

I rejected this mod when I first saw it because it sucked the guts out of my stamina, but after coming back this week and rereading everything, I see that it was fixed, fortunately i'm using it now because I have a lot of materials to move around and having to go back and forth to get marble every 2-3 mins became tedious so hats off to you  for your hard work on this one.

I'm happy to hear it was useful after all, but I also agree that the mod is not really where I wanted it to be. The feature list is small and there is so much more that could be done. Back then, having just started out working with the code base, I didn't get much done, given the time I spent. But as stated, if nothing goes awry, I'd like to give this a do-over when the Cooking Beta hits.

There are some things people have asked in the past that seem incredibly tricky, some just need a bit of creativity, [pauses to take a note] or somebody to simply talk to. Even replying here sometimes helps, so I took a note ;) 

Edited by Ulviirala

instant building housewalls like the fences (or your roofs/floors) would be awesome :) 

Eject

I want to add this mod to my private local server, as well. Where in the Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server folder should it be extracted? Does it go in the Creative folder, or just in WU Dedicated Server main folder?

Edited by Batta

open the zip fille and drag the "mod folder into the dedicated server folder, and then your good to go,

Into the overall folder, or into the Creative sub-folder, or into a mod folder somewhere inside the overall WU Dedicated Server folder?

drag it into the dedicated server folder, no where else, only there.

this will need updating for 1.3 using it makes items disappear from cart's forges and coffins etc. not really sure why it's happening but it is.

13 hours ago, ozmods said:

this will need updating for 1.3 using it makes items disappear from cart's forges and coffins etc. not really sure why it's happening but it is.

I checked every single one of the very few changes, that the mod actually makes. There should be nothing that makes items disappear anywhere in the existing features, or upcoming features.

On 2/5/2017 at 11:45 AM, Batta said:

I also couldn't find an issue with this feature on my local test server. One thing to keep in mind is, that the Wand's AuxData needs to be 1, for not requiring materials building floors, roofs, and staircases. For house walls, the AuxData is required to pick the material type (0 wood, 1 stone, 2 timber frame). In the 1.3 alpha, the crafting window also works now (though you still can't add many structures via the ADD_TO_CRAFTING_WINDOW keybind).