Sign in to follow this  
Aldur

Wurm Assistant for Wurm Unlimited

Looks like the last update broke granger due to changed text, they added "the" to the smile emote it uses to detect names and changed the capitalization on the age.

Before

[14:29:54] You smile at Old Danceosio.

After:

[21:12:22] You smile at the aged Honeywild.

@AldurWas the post before mine ever addressed? A friend and I are playing WU and WA refuses to pick up any animals at all, named, branded or no. 

Make sure you are using latest version:

3.1 stable-win R47

or

3.1 beta R126

If that doesn't help, please give me more details about this issue: what steps do you do and how is your granger configured.

Hi folks.

Unfortunately I have some bad news.

You can read all about them here:

Is the last reply why I'm getting this message? 

7/19/2016 11:08:45 AM > Local version is: MinorVersion: 3.1, BuildCode: beta, BuildNumber: 133, BuildStamp: 7/12/2016 8:29:28 PM +02:00
7/19/2016 11:08:45 AM > Obtaining latest version for build beta
7/19/2016 11:08:46 AM > Latest version for build beta is: 133
7/19/2016 11:08:46 AM > Target version is already installed.
7/19/2016 11:08:47 AM > Error while attempting to start Wurm Assistant: The system cannot find the file specified
7/19/2016 11:08:47 AM > Could not start WA for version: MinorVersion: , BuildCode: beta, BuildNumber: 133, BuildStamp: 1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM +00:00

Nope, that's most likely the over-zealous work of your antivirus, guessing even that it's Avast. :) 

using windows 10. tried to get the assistant to run, but when choosing the path where the game is( F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher ) i keep getting the message: This diretory does not appera to be correct. Are you sure ?

Well no. But its all i have. When i click yes, i get 18 errors and no timers to choose. What do i do wrong ?

(i switched off Avast btw)

Edited by Sizander

Hi Sizander.

Your path is missing \PlayerFiles, should be:

F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles

• Like 1

After the latest update i cannot use the Assistant anymore..i get the following message:

"

Application startup was interrupted by an ugly error!

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Ein Teil des Pfades "C:\Users\Markus-notebook\AppData\Local\AldursLab\WurmAssistantUnlimitedData\Backup" konnte nicht gefunden werden.
   bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   bei System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
   bei System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
   bei System.IO.DirectoryInfo.InternalGetDirectories(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
   bei System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetDirectories()
   bei AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Systems.DataBackups.BackupManager.GetBackups() in C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\1e655fa1caaae411\src\Apps\WurmAssistant\WurmAssistant3\Systems\DataBackups\BackupManager.cs:Zeile 102.
   bei AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Systems.DataBackups.BackupManager.CreateTodaysDataBackupIfNotExists() in C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\1e655fa1caaae411\src\Apps\WurmAssistant\WurmAssistant3\Systems\DataBackups\BackupManager.cs:Zeile 38.
   bei AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Bootstrapper.<OnStartup>b__4_0() in C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\1e655fa1caaae411\src\Apps\WurmAssistant\WurmAssistant3\Bootstrapper.cs:Zeile 123.
   bei AldursLab.WurmAssistant3.Bootstrapper.HandleExceptions(Action action) in C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\1e655fa1caaae411\src\Apps\WurmAssistant\WurmAssistant3\Bootstrapper.cs:Zeile 151."

Its in my homelanguage, it says in the first line, that "backup" could not be found.

Sorry, was a mistake on my part. It should be fixed in the latest update.

Now i have this error:

29.08.2016 16:56:04 > Local version is: MinorVersion: 3.3, BuildCode: stable-win, BuildNumber: 66, BuildStamp: 29.08.2016 00:41:38 +02:00

29.08.2016 16:56:04 > Obtaining latest version for build stable-win

29.08.2016 16:56:05 > Latest version for build stable-win is: 66

29.08.2016 16:56:05 > Target version is already installed.

29.08.2016 16:56:06 > Error while attempting to start Wurm Assistant: Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden

29.08.2016 16:56:06 > Could not start WA for version: MinorVersion: , BuildCode: stable-win, BuildNumber: 66, BuildStamp: 01.01.0001 00:00:00 +00:00

This happens when antivirus software silently blocks the app, mainly happens with Avast. Try adding the folder to exclusions.

Stable R68 released, with option to add custom creature colors in Granger, as well as some bugfixes.

This was the last planned feature update for this year. From now on, I'm doing only bugfixes. Please don't spam me with new ideas, if you can resist it. :)

Happy wurming!

Have an error too:

Application startup was interrupted by an ugly error!  

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "2016-10-12_22-19-46-968300.txt" wurde verweigert.

Means something does not allow the program to use that file..no clue what

Hi Astaheuler. Sorry for late reply.

Do you still have this issue? It is almost always caused by an antivirus / antimalware.

Edited by Aldur

Getting an error each time I launch WA for unlimited now

"Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Unterminated string. Expected delimiter: ". Path 'traitViewState', line 15, position 1489.
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadStringIntoBuffer(Char quote)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseString(Char quote, ReadType readType)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadAsBytes()
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.ReadForType(JsonReader reader, JsonContract contract, Boolean hasConverter)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject(Object newObject, JsonReader reader, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, String id)"

What's going on and how do I fix this? 

I would love to see that JSON, but if you need a quick fix, try restoring backup from before that happened.

If you don't mind helping, please send me zipped dir from before restoring backup:

%localappdata%\AldursLab\WurmAssistantUnlimitedData\Data

Any way to salvage my Granger herds if I did not use the backup feature?

Hi Resa. I don't think there is any way. 

But even if you didn't use the feature, you should have bakups from the last 5 days, since they are made automatically.

PS. I'm working on a permanent fix for these data losses. Not ready yet, but should be soon. Sorry for all the trouble.

Edited by Aldur

Thank you for the reply :) 

I broke it somehow so did a fresh install. I did save the first install so thought maybe there was a file I could pull them from.

I will definitely use the backup feature this time :D

And no trouble whatsoever! I was being slack ;)

• Like 1

I recently had to reinstall/add Wurm Assistant to my PC, but I cannot for the life of me find where to get modules/addons for it.

I miss Granger :( And it doesn't come pre-packaged anymore :'(

Hi Zera. 

WA3 has all modules already enabled by default. If you don't see them, chances are some errors prevented them from loading. Please check the logs, or send one me at wurmassistant@gmail.com so I can take a look. :)

@Aldur

When i try add animals to granger i get this message and i have tryed restart both game and assistant several times i have even downloaded a new one to get it to work. The message at bottom about server name Wyvern Reborn i have no idea where it come from. I play on Melori The Unborn. But here is the message.

on Melori the unborn - pve - free deeds and mods (dedicated 10x skill - 10x action):
[16:58:20] > Warn > WurmApi > .ServerParsingHelper: ServerHistoryProvider found 'other players are online' log line, but could not parse it. Character: Hebs Entry: Timestamp: 22-02-2017 16:48:25, Source: , Content: These other players are online on Melori the unborn - pve - free deeds and mods (dedicated 10x skill - 10x action):
[16:58:20] > Info > FeaturesManager > Feature initialized: Sounds Manager
[16:58:20] > Info > FeaturesManager > Feature initialized: Log Searcher
[16:58:20] > Info > FeaturesManager > Feature initialized: Calendar
[16:58:20] > Info > FeaturesManager > Feature initialized: Timers
[16:58:20] > Info > FeaturesManager > Feature initialized: Triggers
[16:58:20] > Info > FeaturesManager > Feature initialized: Granger
[16:58:20] > Info > FeaturesManager > Feature initialized: Crafting Assistant
[16:58:20] > Info > FeaturesManager > Feature initialized: Reveal Creatures Parser
[16:58:20] > Info > FeaturesManager > Feature initialized: Skill Stats
[16:58:20] > Info > FeaturesManager > Feature initialized: Combat Assistant
[16:58:20] > Info > WaVersion > Parsed WA version: MinorVersion: 3.3, BuildCode: beta, BuildNumber: 164, BuildStamp: 17-12-2016 23:26:56 +01:00
[16:58:40] > Info > GrangerFeature > smile cond: You smile at the adolescent Briskace.
[16:58:40] > Info > GrangerFeature > attempting to start processing creature due to line: You smile at the adolescent Briskace.
[16:58:40] > Info > GrangerFeature > extracting object name
[16:58:40] > Info > GrangerFeature > object assumed to be a creature
[16:58:40] > Info > GrangerFeature > processing creature cancelled, AH skill or server group unknown for player Hebs (skill:  ; server: Name: WYVERN REBORN, WebStatsUrl: , ServerGroup: SERVERSCOPED:WYVERN REBORN

Hope you can help me out, i have added the server i play on the way you mention earlier in this thread.

After smiling i have double clicked horse to add it as normal.

Edited by hebs

No worries, WA is gaining sentience as we speak and already solves its own problems.

Next... bringing that beer from the fridge!