Sign in to follow this  
Aldur

Wurm Assistant for Wurm Unlimited

Your tool is helpful and great, don't want to play without it anymore.

But you know what my dream would be ?

I play on 2 computers and if the assistant would work like dropbox or if you could share anyhow data, actualize it between 2 computers would be awesome.

The problem i first think of is, when 1 pc is always off..when i go work my pc at home is off and vice versa. So to be safe there should be a server in the net used for data exchange.

Is it possible to let the tool produce a little data file..like a DROP-button for example, when i click it on my pc at home, the assistant will drop automatically a file with all my (configured ? if granger or only timers f.e.) into my dropbox, and when i'm at the pc at work and i press the GET-button in the assistant, it automatically looks into the dropbox and gets what it finds there(maybe with an alert if the version i want to GET is older then the one i have on my actual pc)

Just an idea, not sure if its possible, but well, dreaming is for free :)

Edited by Sizan

Quick question, Aldur. This probably applies to both the WO and WU versions. There was a checkbox added to use the relative folder for the installation as the landing zone for the settings. I have unchecked this box and am still using the appdata folder (Windows 10) because I could not figure out what to copy to restore my settings. I saw you can import the old version data (which I used) but I might be missing where I can save the settings, change the check to use the relative folder for the installation, then reimport the settings and I also could not figure out what exactly to just copy and paste. 

Can you offer advice on what to copy and paste? 

Thanks, Aldur. I love this program - both versions.

33 minutes ago, Sizan said:

Your tool is helpful and great, don't want to play without it anymore.

But you know what my dream would be ?

I play on 2 computers and if the assistant would work like dropbox or if you could share anyhow data, actualize it between 2 computers would be awesome.

The problem i first think of is, when 1 pc is always off..when i go work my pc at home is off and vice versa. So to be safe there should be a server in the net used for data exchange.

Is it possible to let the tool produce a little data file..like a DROP-button for example, when i click it on my pc at home, the assistant will drop automatically a file with all my (configured ? if granger or only timers f.e.) into my dropbox, and when i'm at the pc at work and i press the GET-button in the assistant, it automatically looks into the dropbox and gets what it finds there(maybe with an alert if the version i want to GET is older then the one i have on my actual pc)

Just an idea, not sure if its possible, but well, dreaming is for free :)

Actually, there is a way. You can install Google Drive or OneDrive (Microsoft) and it will create a local folder on your computer that syncs automatically. You would just want to make sure the sync is complete before moving to another computer.

• Like 1

Hi Audrel, the settings directory looks exactly the same (inside) in both versions.

So %localappdata%\AldursLab\WurmAssistantData is same as data-wa-o in the launcher dir.

And %localappdata%\AldursLab\WurmAssistantUnlimitedData is same as data-wa-u.

So to move from one place to the other, simply copy and overwrite everything (do first close all WA, though) ;)

Sizan, as you point out, it's a bit too much work to invent such mechanism for WA. One of the ways is to share the data dir of course. Another is to keep whole WA on a pendrive (for example), run it directly from there, with relative data dir option, thus a portable mode.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Audrel said:

Actually, there is a way. You can install Google Drive or OneDrive (Microsoft) and it will create a local folder on your computer that syncs automatically. You would just want to make sure the sync is complete before moving to another computer.

But which file from the assistant is the one i would need to sync with OneDrive ?

2 minutes ago, Sizan said:

But which file from the assistant is the one i would need to sync with OneDrive ?

Aldur answered it right above your reply. :-) 

@Aldur Thank you!

• Like 1

I know this isn't perfect, but I've just didn't have brainpower to do anything fancier. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aldur said:

I know this isn't perfect, but I've just didn't have brainpower to do anything fancier. :)

It works, so no fancy required! I just didn't want to break anything by copying the wrong stuff. 

@Sizan: I pondered this a little more and thought I would add more suggestions. I would copy the entire WurmAssistant folder tree and just run it from there on both computers. It's only about 250mb and you have 15GB of free storage. Failing that, you could also reinstall (backup your settings first!) into that folder. Of course, there are manual options if you are concerned about monthly data usage for sync but I don't think usage will amount to much. That said, I don't use Granger so I am not sure how big that database can grow. 

Most of that 250 meg are old versions of the app and these don't change over time. Nothing is deleted, in case a new versions doesn't work for someone. :)

2 hours ago, Aldur said:

Hi Audrel, the settings directory looks exactly the same (inside) in both versions.

So %localappdata%\AldursLab\WurmAssistantData is same as data-wa-o in the launcher dir.

And %localappdata%\AldursLab\WurmAssistantUnlimitedData is same as data-wa-u.

So to move from one place to the other, simply copy and overwrite everything (do first close all WA, though) ;)

Sizan, as you point out, it's a bit too much work to invent such mechanism for WA. One of the ways is to share the data dir of course. Another is to keep whole WA on a pendrive (for example), run it directly from there, with relative data dir option, thus a portable mode.

The pen drive is a bit to much work for me, carrying it around and stick in and out. So best solution eventually is dropping those 2 files into the dropbox and get it out again at home. Or is it only 1 file ? I don't understand the lines very good. I have Wurm Unlimited Assistant still in my downloads section unzipped, and i looked for a file like you mentioned but i only found a few ones that look familiar but not exactly as the one you stated.

AldursLab.WurmAssistantDataTransfer.dll

AldursLab.WurmAssistantDataTransfer.pdb

but for sure those are wrong. Please tell me exactly in simple clear words(just a worker with bad english and no higher education here) which file i have to transfer to have the timer-data(i only use the timer) useable on both PC

1. Move the whole unzipped launcher (entire folder) to the OneDrive or GoogleDrive, so that it uploads.
  2. Launch from this folder, choose the checkbox "use relative data directory" and run WA once, then close it.
  3. In the launcher folder, you will now find a new folder called "data-wa-u"
  4. To have all your previous WA settings, copy everything from %localappdata%\AldursLab\WurmAssistantUnlimitedData to that new folder:  "data-wa-u"
    When asked to overwrite, always choose yes.
    Note: Paste the entire link including the %localappdata% part in the explorer address bar and it will find it.
  5. Now run WA again with the "use relative data directory" and check if all your settings are there.

That's all the setup. Now simply always run the launcher from the folder in OneDrive/GoogleDrive. Just remember to let the files upload after you close WA and then, let them download on your other computer before starting WA there. And try to always close WA on one computer before using it on the other, I can't vouch it will work correctly if not done so. ;)

• Like 1

Many thanks for the explanation. So OneDrive/GoogleDrive is something else then the Dropbox ? Cause one time i tried to make a hard link there, to have files automatically synchronized between 2 computers but it did not work anyhow.

7 hours ago, Aldur said:

Just remember to let the files upload after you close WA and then, let them download on your other computer before starting WA there.

But when the WA is started and located in the OneDrive, are there files onto my pc at all ?

Not sure I've understood the question correctly, but Yes. Everything you put in OneDrive is always on your PC (it's a folder like any other). It also keeps copies of these files in the cloud, tracks any changes. So when you switch PC's and OneDrive finishes synchronizing, you should have exactly the same files.

Ok got it. And now, on my other pc it worked ..in parts. The meditation-question , 13 days in my case, was transferred, but not the actual timers like prayer and sermon. Without OneDrive i had it that all those were shown with "ready" when changing pc. I had to play and to do new sermons and prayers, then it started to count, but with pc-change all was only "ready" again and this is still the case.

But exactly this i hoped to solve.

Edit: another thing is the faith shown in the window beside prayer. you can choose if you want to have the faith shown there or not, but often the numbers are not actual. Right now there is a number shown i had yesterday, before i converted to fo. I had 27 faith and now i have 8, but it still says 27.

Edited by Sizan

I understand what you mean now :) 

For all these to be fixed, you need to also install your wurm client itself in the onedrive, so that all game logs are in sync. You can do that in steam by creating new steam library inside onedrive, installing wurm there and copying your character profiles from old location, if you want to keep old logs,  game configs etc.

• Like 1

I have added everything we've talked about, into FAQ section in main post, if anyone needs for reference.

Since a few months now, I'm trying to nail the issue, where WA stops updating things after it runs for a longer period of time. This has been reported by a few players.

Problem is, I have not had this issue happen even once. I'm running WA in the background, while wurming, sometimes for many days straight without restart. It has always worked spot on.

So I would like for everyone, who experience this issue, to provide me with as much information, as you can. I need things that might set apart your use case from mine, eg.:

• happening in WA for WO or WU or both?
  • features you use,
  • number of timers or triggers, number of characters you have active in these features at once,
  • servers you play on, freedom / epic? any custom server groups?
  • is the pc going to sleep / hibernation between issues?
  • is there anything fishy in the WA log output?
  • check your Wurm logs, are these events always logged right after logging in? maybe they are worded differently than these examples?:
    • x other players are online. You are on y (z totally in Wurm).
    • The server has been up x hours and y minutes.
    • Wurm calendar date, eg: It is 04:26:38 on day of Sleep in week 2 of the starfall of Fires in the year of 1054.
  • which logging mode do you use, daily or monthly?
  • run the wurm client config validator (from WA options), does it report any issue?

I keep getting an error when I try to run Wurm Assistant Unlimited... below is a cut of the error log.  I've not included the full file as it just keeps growing the longer I leave the program open.  After 5 mins of running I'm at 300+ errors.  I'm using the Wurm Unlimited version

But heres a cut of the log window:

2016/01/07 04:58:25.821 > Error > WurmApi > WurmApi > WurmCharacterDirectories: Error at initial Refresh of WurmCharacterDirectories > The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
2016/01/07 04:58:25.906 > Error > WurmApi > WurmApi > TaskManager: Error during task execution: WurmSubdirsMonitor for path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\players > The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
2016/01/07 04:58:26.412 > Error > WurmApi > WurmApi > TaskManager: Error during task execution: WurmSubdirsMonitor for path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\players > The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
2016/01/07 04:58:26.412 > Info > WaVersion > Parsed WA version: MinorVersion: 3.0, BuildCode: stable-win, BuildNumber: 10, BuildStamp: 12/28/2015 1:27:04 PM +01:00
2016/01/07 04:58:26.412 > Info > FeaturesManager > Feature initialized: Sounds Manager
2016/01/07 04:58:26.412 > Info > FeaturesManager > Feature initialized: Log Searcher
2016/01/07 04:58:26.412 > Info > FeaturesManager > Feature initialized: Calendar
2016/01/07 04:58:26.412 > Info > FeaturesManager > Feature initialized: Timers
2016/01/07 04:58:26.412 > Info > FeaturesManager > Feature initialized: Triggers
2016/01/07 04:58:26.412 > Info > FeaturesManager > Feature initialized: Granger
2016/01/07 04:58:26.412 > Info > FeaturesManager > Feature initialized: Crafting Assistant
2016/01/07 04:58:26.412 > Info > FeaturesManager > Feature initialized: Reveal Creatures Parser
2016/01/07 04:58:26.412 > Info > FeaturesManager > Feature initialized: Skill Stats
2016/01/07 04:58:26.412 > Info > FeaturesManager > Feature initialized: Combat Assistant
2016/01/07 04:58:26.920 > Error > WurmApi > WurmApi > TaskManager: Error during task execution: WurmSubdirsMonitor for path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\players > The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
2016/01/07 04:58:27.434 > Error > WurmApi > WurmApi > TaskManager: Error during task execution: WurmSubdirsMonitor for path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\players > The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
2016/01/07 04:58:27.948 > Error > WurmApi > WurmApi > TaskManager: Error during task execution: WurmSubdirsMonitor for path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\players > The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
2016/01/07 04:58:28.457 > Error > WurmApi > WurmApi > TaskManager: Error during task execution: WurmSubdirsMonitor for path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\players > The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
2016/01/07 04:58:28.968 > Error > WurmApi > WurmApi > TaskManager: Error during task execution: WurmSubdirsMonitor for path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\players > The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
2016/01/07 04:58:29.476 > Error > WurmApi > WurmApi > TaskManager: Error during task execution: WurmSubdirsMonitor for path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\players > The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
2016/01/07 04:58:29.985 > Error > WurmApi > WurmApi > TaskManager: Error during task execution: WurmSubdirsMonitor for path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\players > The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
2016/01/07 04:58:30.502 > Error > WurmApi > WurmApi > TaskManager: Error during task execution: WurmSubdirsMonitor for path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\players > The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
2016/01/07 04:58:31.025 > Error > WurmApi > WurmApi > TaskManager: Error during task execution: WurmSubdirsMonitor for path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\players > The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
2016/01/07 04:58:31.540 > Error > WurmApi > WurmApi > TaskManager: Error during task execution: WurmSubdirsMonitor for path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\players > The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
2016/01/07 04:58:32.053 > Error > WurmApi > WurmApi > TaskManager: Error during task execution: WurmSubdirsMonitor for path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\players > The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
2016/01/07 04:58:32.563 > Error > WurmApi > WurmApi > TaskManager: Error during task execution: WurmSubdirsMonitor for path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\players > The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
2016/01/07 04:58:33.072 > Error > WurmApi > WurmApi > TaskManager: Error during task execution: WurmSubdirsMonitor for path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\players > The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
2016/01/07 04:58:33.582 > Error > WurmApi > WurmApi > TaskManager: Error during task execution: WurmSubdirsMonitor for path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\players > The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
2016/01/07 04:58:34.089 > Error > WurmApi > WurmApi > TaskManager: Error during task execution: WurmSubdirsMonitor for path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\players > The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
2016/01/07 04:58:34.598 > Error > WurmApi > WurmApi > TaskManager: Error during task execution: WurmSubdirsMonitor for path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\players > The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
2016/01/07 04:58:35.103 > Error > WurmApi > WurmApi > TaskManager: Error during task execution: WurmSubdirsMonitor for path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\players > The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
2016/01/07 04:58:35.609 > Error > WurmApi > WurmApi > TaskManager: Error during task execution: WurmSubdirsMonitor for path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\players > The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
2016/01/07 04:58:36.114 > Error > WurmApi > WurmApi > TaskManager: Error during task execution: WurmSubdirsMonitor for path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\players > The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.

It seems the program just doesn't like the long file paths, but I'm not sure if there is anything I can do to help this.  Any help would be greatly welcomed, this program is wonderful and I'd really like to be able to use it.

Could you please find that file or folder with such a long path and let me know what it is? It is usually not normal for a path to be over 200 chars.

This is the full path I'm giving the program during the "Wurm Assistant 3 Unlimited - First Time Setup" -- 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles

The program accepts the file path, then starts giving the errors about the file name/path being to long as soon as the program finishes the First Time Setup.  

If it would be of any help I can edit this post and attach the error log.  For what its worth, I'm using Win10 upgrade, and running Wurm unlimited through the Steam program.

Thank you for taking the time to help me through this!!

~Oriss

The error is not about the path that you are giving it in setup, nor the path listed in log error.

There is a file or directory, inside ' C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\players ' or perhaps nested somewhere within child folders, which is unusually long. You need to find it and figure why it is there (because my Wurm Unlimited doesn't have any such artifacts), or alternatively send me entire zipped directory.

I'm so sorry, your second reply help clear my mind.  I have since fixed the problem.  Long and funny story short, I had a char log file with a toon whos name was over the really really long and I'd have to guess that it was making the total path length above the 260 character limit.  I simply deleted the char log file as it was a "mistake" to begin with and I never play it anyways.  Once that log was removed the program works flawlessly!  

Thanks again for all the help!!

~Oriss

• Like 1

Hey Aldur, loving the faith timers and no action triggers. Works beautifully so keep up the good work.

I have been having some trouble with the faith timer widget not staying on top. I have two clients running on two monitors and most of the time the widget works fine. Occasionally, when switching between clients, it ends up in the background and I have to alt-tab to get it back. I'm not entirely sure what causes this but it seems to only happen sometimes when I actually click from one client to the other. If I alt tab between them it seems to work, but clicking breaks it. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Also, I have seen mentioned a minimize to system tray option but can't for the life of me find it. Is this broken in the latest version or am I being blind?