Sign in to follow this  
Alexgopen

Nerf damage reduction stacking

Stacking champion, shield of the gone, smoke of sol, continuum, tome resistances, moonmetal armor, and having decent body strength allows for 97% damage reduction. 

Champ DR:                                                               60%

+ sotg DR (only 10% when champ): 60% + .1*40 = 64%

+ smoke DR:                                     64% + .1*36 = 67.6%

+ continuum DR:                         67.6% + .2*32.4 = 74.08%

+ 15% resist DR:                   74.08% + .15*25.92 = 77.968%

+ 80ql seryll/glimmer DR:  77.968% + .77*22.032 = 94.93264%

+ 70 body strength DR: 94.93264% + .5*5.06736 = 97.46632%

You can verify this calculation yourself by reading the code from WU.

Stacking damage reduction needs to be reexamined because this is out of hand.

I've modified warlander's armor damage reduction calculator to have checkboxes for all this OP stuff in case you want to play around with how OP you can get.

Damage reduction calculator

Edited by Alexgopen
  • Like 1

Because the entire server obviously has all of those stats, moon metal items and tomes.

Because the entire server obviously has all of those stats, moon metal items and tomes.

about 80% of the pvp population has atleast half that ye

myself and my alt make up for 5 out of 7 and 4 out of 7 respectively.

half my kingdoms active pvpers have just under half that list at least.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1

Doesn't matter if everyone does or not. Even if one had it, that person is stupidly broken.

• Like 1

The majority not having it does not mean it isn't overpowered.

As we saw with zombie milk, there's maybe 6 pvpers in all of hots epic, and it was never even used in pvp, and it still got removed. 

On the other hand, a large portion of rome has damage reduction similar to this, and they actively pvp on a regular basis unopposed.

iow it's OP

looks like nahjo still has some more things to buy, hes slacking on getting the meta DR

• Like 1

The majority not having it does not mean it isn't overpowered.

As we saw with zombie milk, there's maybe 6 pvpers in all of hots epic, and it was never even used in pvp, and it still got removed. 

On the other hand, a large portion of rome has damage reduction similar to this, and they actively pvp on a regular basis unopposed.

iow it's OP

you say that but there is a video that clearly shows someone using it in pvp and exploiting the /stuck bug, that is now magically set to private! I'd be curious if said recorded player is going to be punished for exploiting the /stuck bug in live pvp.

you say that but there is a video that clearly shows someone using it in pvp and exploiting the /stuck bug, that is now magically set to private! I'd be curious if said recorded player is going to be punished for exploiting the /stuck bug in live pvp.

In that same video, both were exploiting the /stuck command, one for milk, the other for sandwiches...or so i heard..

Edited by Llawnroc

I thought champ was coded to not stack with gone?  The same way that mag bonus doesn't stack with hate bonus?

Don't forget we're not comparing whatever value this is to 0, we're comparing it to 70% base for plate+body stats.  15% buffs also bring 10% weaknesses to something else, unless you have the counterpart which only gives like a 6.5% buff combined

-1 anyway.  Unless if champ+gone actually do stack, then make only champ work

• Like 2

looks like nahjo still has some more things to buy, hes slacking on getting the meta DR

i have everything on that list :/

i agree with the OP +1

gary is ok with everything else but champs because he cant champ lol

Edited by Nahjo
  • Like 1

I thought champ was coded to not stack with gone?  The same way that mag bonus doesn't stack with hate bonus?

Don't forget we're not comparing whatever value this is to 0, we're comparing it to 70% base for plate+body stats.  15% buffs also bring 10% weaknesses to something else, unless you have the counterpart which only gives like a 6.5% buff combined

It does stack, but in the sotg damage reduction check, it has

if (this.getCultist() != null && this.getCultist().hasHalfDamage()) {

if (this.isChampion()) {

damMod *= 0.9f;

}

else {

damMod *= 0.5f;

}

}

Thus, if you're champ, sotg gives you 10% dr, otherwise 50%

i have everything on that list :/

i agree with the OP +1

Gary could champ if he wanted toooooooooooooooooooooooo

15% buffs also bring 10% weaknesses to something else, unless you have the counterpart which only gives like a 6.5% buff combined

Yea.

Also put some artifacts and some drake/scale (even just pants) with this and its crazy.

But i believe it shouldnt be nerfed but low skill players should be boosted to make fights last longer so more stratagy can be used and its just more fun when u dont get melted so fast.

Edited by Omar

lol  haha xd

No.  I never liked the idea of champs from Wild through Epic, and had plenty of time to champ pre-king.  If having every last extra damage reduction was really that important to me, I really doubt I would have used a white tome and red cherry

It does stack, but in the sotg damage reduction check, it has

if (this.getCultist() != null && this.getCultist().hasHalfDamage()) {

if (this.isChampion()) {

damMod *= 0.9f;

}

else {

damMod *= 0.5f;

}

}

Thus, if you're champ, sotg gives you 10% dr, otherwise 50%

Thats interesting I guess, 10% doesn't sound so bad.  Champ is best off paired with power anyway

Plain bad statement. You are a bad person :P

Plain bad statement. You are a bad person :P

iirc Rage goes around in full seryll with sotg

Assuming his seryll is 80ql and his body strength is maybe 60? here's why he's against this

Glimmersteel/Seryll Plate: 93.10

are you meaning standard tome dmg reduction? its not 15% cos the vulnerability

Edited by Omar

are you meaning standard tome dmg reduction? its not 15% cos the vulnerability

yea thats for example, if you have 15% slash resistance, and someone is using a slash weapon against you

I don't think ill ever be able to understand the concept of wanting to remove everything that you could possibly strive for in a game. I cant understand why people expect new players to instantly be competition level.

If we take away goals and rewards what point is left? We saw challenge hand us everything on a silver platter and it sucked hard.

Effort and reward needs to be somewhere to hold attention and make you look ahead. Things that are available to everyone, not just one kingdom.

• Like 2

+1 to smejack's post

OP if you bothered reading the code instead of CTRL+F'ing your way through it you'd realize there's a damage reduction cap. Maybe the issue isn't a broken game mechanic. Have you tried getting good?

Additionally (using your own calculator) it's pretty easy to see that even in 90ql steel plate (not hard to get), 50 strength, and sotg (pretty standard stats on chaos afaik, you get almost 90% damage reduction. That isn't a far cry from the 97% you were crying about in your post.

Edited by irobotnik8
  • Like 1

^ this. Plus they don't stack FYI.

+1 to smejack's post

OP if you bothered reading the code instead of CTRL+F'ing your way through it you'd realize there's a damage reduction cap. Maybe the issue isn't a broken game mechanic. Have you tried getting good?

Additionally (using your own calculator) it's pretty easy to see that even in 90ql steel plate (not hard to get), 50 strength, and sotg (pretty standard stats on chaos afaik, you get almost 90% damage reduction. That isn't a far cry from the 97% you were crying about in your post.

90% dr means .10 damage taken for each 1 dealt. You would have to deal 100/.1 = 1000 damage to kill this player

97.46% dr means .0254 damage taken for each 1 dealt. You would have to deal 100/.0254 = 3,937 damage to kill this player.  That's 4x as much damage

Also please do share the evidence you found of some "damage reduction cap". 

Have you tried supporting you claims?

(fyi you just made this up entirely)

^ this. Plus they don't stack FYI.

They do, I already posted the code for it, maybe try reading?

Edited by Alexgopen
  • Like 1

I don't think ill ever be able to understand the concept of wanting to remove everything that you could possibly strive for in a game. I cant understand why people expect new players to instantly be competition level.

If we take away goals and rewards what point is left? We saw challenge hand us everything on a silver platter and it sucked hard.

Effort and reward needs to be somewhere to hold attention and make you look ahead. Things that are available to everyone, not just one kingdom.

just remove the autistic features that noone wants deal with but are forced to do like sotg. im sure if anyone could go out and grind sotg they would but frankly you cant work for it you gotta pay for it with 4 daily log ins and 6+ subscriptions alone. but hey atleast 70 meditating is worth 150 euros alone 

Edited by ayylmao

just remove the autistic features that noone wants deal with but are forced to do like sotg. im sure if anyone could go out and grind sotg they would but frankly you cant work for it you gotta pay for it with 4 daily log ins and 6+ subscriptions alone. but hey atleast 70 meditating is worth 150 euros alone 

So paying for the game and logging into the game to play is a downside requirement to getting an ability in said game??  I wonder..