Sign in to follow this  
Trake

Moorlands - [RP PvP]

logo.png

Join us in creating one of the longest stories ever written...

.: Moorlands :. Second Dawn

www.moorwurm.com

j02.jpg

When man and woman can stomach no more,

when all has been taken away, when family is slain, riches stole away,
the very essence of self-worth threatened by greed and war…what remains?
Does the land beneath your feet still wield its magic,

the unseen force of tradition still rooting you to the soil?
Can tradition be born anew?

When nothing that you've built or conquered withstands the test of time,
where do you travel to begin your life again, to tame the wildlands once more?

Is there life beyond what you already know?  Verily, there must be more.
As the new dawn kisses your cracked skin, the shoreline materializes deep within the fog.
A deep sigh of relief rises, unbidden from your lungs, and floats away from you in a puff.
Your family slumbers nearby, dragged along for ten thousand leagues, hungered, frozen,
clinging onto those ideals and practicing those skills that kept you all alive this long.
Your eyes find Valrei in the morning twilight and offer a prayer,
a simple wish that a pair of calloused hands and heart of gold will be enough to tame the land once more.
The legends were true, it seems.  More land exists, unspoiled by the mighty.
More adventure awaits, unscripted by the gods.
For those who bear the courage to find these shores, they will find more.

"The focus of a role playing server will have to be community and story driven play.
We'll want to create a world the players can connect to and be apart of,

and constantly create new plot lines that keeps the experience immersive.
Reduced tediousness, focus on content and player-made stories, character building and immersion."

j12.jpg

*Here's to Legacy, our own.*

Moorlands Staff:

Trake - Server Owner/GM
Origin - GM

Rates:

Skills are gained at a rate of 6x.
Action timers are increased at a rate of 3x.

Epic Curve setting - not enabled.

Free2Play:

We're completely free to play. You will never have to pay for in-game items or perks and will be able to do everything that you can in Wurm Online through in-game means within the bounds of the server rules.

Wurm Unlimited Moorlands Rules and Features:

1) RP.  Moorlands is a Role Playing (RP) Community.  Please observe Role Playing etiquette at all times.  Because Moorlands is an RP focused community, we only accept English speaking players—this decision is made solely with an eye toward RP.  I promise that we love you all equally, despite this requirement.

2) Chat.  Local Chat is for RP purposes only.  Please remain In Character (IC) when speaking in Local Chat.  In Global Chat and Personal Messages (PM), you are free to converse Out of Character (OOC).

3) PvP.  Player Versus Player (PvP) is enabled in Moorlands for RP purposes only.  Any PvP that is perceived by the GM staff to be undertaken for the purpose of harassment is strictly forbidden.  The Moorlands requirement to observe RP etiquette at all times does extend to PvP.  Violation of these guidelines will not be tolerated.

4) Wisdom.  As an RP server, one of the features Moorlands offers is what we refer to as retained Wisdom.  We all come from somewhere.  The trades we practiced and skills we honed were hard-earned.  As you arrive here in Moorlands, the Wisdom you gained prior to this time is not lost. Therefore, every new character to Moorlands, is granted Five Level 5 Affinities, i.e. a Level 5 affinity in 5 separate skills.

j15.jpg

Edited by Trake
'
  • Like 2

+1 Interesting concept. Had some fun early on....I did love the map...but the rock and terrain where my group settled...not friendly.

• Like 1

Welcome to all of the people who came by to check us out last night - our activity is looking better every day.

If we can make your starting experience more relaxing or more challenging - speak up in GL.

(I hear the Horde starting area is quite a climb)

Edited by Trake

Join Dawn Reach and prosper! And help get rid of them vermin pirates and horde. 

I'd also like to point out that this server is not a hardcore PVP server. We decided that a RP server should be PVP, but main battle between factions will be storied events. This will not be a place where you are constantly being raided. 

New Event for Dawn Reach Characters only: 

Name: Dawn Reach Fishing Tournament

Time: Starting today (Sunday, Nov 1st) until Next Sunday at Noon. 

Description: Characters of Dawn Reach will have a week to catch the 3 biggest fish they can. They must bring their 3 biggest to a GM by next Sunday. The most total weight will win the prize. 

Prize: Rare Fishing Pole (70 qual)

How to Enroll: Must be a Kingdom Member of Dawn Reach and respond to the forum post with your characters name at http://www.moorwurm.com

• Like 2

Been good times in Moorlands for the last couple weeks.  Love the starter professions and the GM responsiveness.

• Like 2

Priest Restrictions have been removed but linking is still required for relevant spells.

Deed Size & Quantity limits now in place.

Weeds removed from sped-up growth cycle.

It's been truly amazing to see this community grow.

+1 To this wonderful server.

I have been with this server for a short time, but I have found nothing but delight. I am helping out as a CA currently, and a Warden to the main village on my character Rose Colins.

They have a wonderful forum where you can read other people's backstories and post your own as well, you can find mine here for an example.

If you are new to Roleplay or even an experienced storyteller, there is definitely a spot for you here. If you do decide to come and end up at Dawn Reach, be sure to ask Rose (or anyone else really) for some help, a new guild hall is available to players needing temporary(or long term if you want!) housing and food, as well as a lock and key for a storage unit.

• Like 1

First HotS and Dawn Reach events held! Thanks to everyone who participated and made the event~

Also, to continuously build this community for the years to come, we are currently looking for:

- Content Creators

- Lore Writers

- Graphics Enthusiasts

- Event Planners

- Community Assistants

- Other RP communities to connect with

(Send a PM if you are interested)

• Like 1

Want to update:

Rose is now Poseidon, after a much appreciated boost to GM over the Pirate Kingdom. I am spending most of my time either on Jones or Poseidon working around the PK area. I am still performing CA duties and can now reply to your starter support tickets :) 

I have to say that the PMK's are getting a very exciting revamp, and its something none of you will want to miss! Be sure to pop in and say hello :) 

Hope to see everyone in game very soon!

• Like 1

Hi. where is Dawn Reach Starter area located on the map?

Sounds wonderful! I'll see if I have some time to join soon. :D

Have you thought about removing or limiting the local list? I think it would work very well in your server if you limited local list to same-kingdom only.

Just a thought. :)

• Like 1

Looking for players who enjoy to write and would love to create a great story with us. We're committed to being lasting server.  

(edit: information in post no longer current)

Edited by Origin

Edited by Origin

Edited by Origin

Been having a great time here! Shame more people won't give it a chance, the more the merrier!

• Like 1

Edited by Origin
  • Like 1

This server loves you back. White glove, red carpet style.

Got me a toon there since some days, so far it looks promising :)

• Like 1