Sign in to follow this  
damine

what text editor ?

what text editor are you using for the .class files located in 

common archive

Edited by damine

First you must decompile class, when class is already decompiled to Java file you can use IDE like NetBeans or Eclipse to edit it.

I use a combination of Notepad++ and Eclipse for coding and I decompile with JDGui and CFR. Sometimes a combination of two decompilers is needed where the code gets really tricky

Intellij IDEA community edition. The decompiler is built into the IDEA, looks like its Fernflower. It tells you about errors before you compile. I've only had one decompiling error and that was a switch case in the client's seasonManager. The decompiiled code results in variables names that arn't easy to work with like the following. 

Village var67;
int var68;

Actually, I don't know if its a decompile quark or its that CC chose to code like that. It's just that it's much easier to follow things when variables are labeled with descriptive names. 

ok so i can decompile and edit what i want , it turns the class to java.  now how do i turn it back to a class so i can put it back in the jar and add to the game?   I tried a few things, falling asleep now been up way to long trying.

Yea, definitely looking for a tutorial or something on this because I've tried decompiling and recompiling and it won't recompile due to missing packages and obsolete stuff, etc. If anyone who's actually decompiled / recompiled properly can give a step by step on how to do it with a single class or the whole server.jar, that'd be great.

Library needs to include server.jar, common.jar, client.jar, everything in the libs folder, and everything in the runtime folder.

As per the topic name:

real_programmers.png

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out :D I needed to add the correct structure for the package in the project, then add a new class and copy in the decompiled code, then recompile it and it made a single .class file after adding in all the jars from the directories Alex mentioned. Thanks, Alex!

Edited by Scrubbs
  • Like 1