Sign in to follow this  
Webba

[RELEASED] Bulk storage tranfer limits

On 8/1/2016 at 8:25 PM, nekoexmachina said:

AFAIK your version is not working anymore. My version can possibly create problems to big servers, however for solo play or small scale servers it is not creating any performance issue. I'm working n that. While I haven't finished the fix, I will not publish new jar files, up-to-date code is, however, accessible on the github. 

Was there ever a version released that resolved the "bigger" server issues with this mod?

On 10/17/2016 at 4:29 AM, Nappy said:

Was there ever a version released that resolved the "bigger" server issues with this mod?

There sort of was, the main issue of lag that this was causing is when moving items from bsb to bsb it essentially takes one item out and drops it in the other bsb, when moving less than 100 the time to move the items, and therefore lag, is small however when removing this 100 limit it can cause lag when moving thousands of items. I fixed this by checking if you are moving from one bulk container to another, calculating the max moved amount, i.e. min(Total source items, max destination items, count selected), and then moving a single item of a much larger mass/volume. I then had to add some additional permissions checks but the relevant changes can be found here: https://github.com/webba/bulktransportmod/commit/86eec6853b730fac05443ce0ef8599c2bd04cac1

Despite this I still heard of lag with certain things, probably because if you let people move items more easily they will move more items.

Edited by Webba

This mod was causing problems with taking out processed food items out of FSBs (e.g. chopped corn)

I've also tried to fix fishes in FSB, but they are still kinda derpy (but they are derpy in vanilla as well, so... *shrug)

My fixes: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/bulktransportmod/commit/2541afa9f9ec09529497002fffda45a5d8d2f742

Fixed jar: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/bulktransportmod/releases/download/cooking-fixes/bulktransportmod.jar

• Like 2

On 4/15/2017 at 10:06 AM, bdew said:

This mod was causing problems with taking out processed food items out of FSBs (e.g. chopped corn)

I've also tried to fix fishes in FSB, but they are still kinda derpy (but they are derpy in vanilla as well, so... *shrug)

My fixes: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/bulktransportmod/commit/2541afa9f9ec09529497002fffda45a5d8d2f742

Fixed jar: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/bulktransportmod/releases/download/cooking-fixes/bulktransportmod.jar

Thanks for the fixes, I can pull these changes if you would like or since I'm not really maintaining this anymore I could just add your repo to the op.

Whichever you prefer. I really don't need any more mods on my list of things to keep in check, but if you're not actively maintaining this, i'm guess it's better than having a broken version in the OP :P

Could someone update this mod pretty please? Or direct me to another mod that does something similar? It's driving us nuts transferring dirt/rock shards/etc eight at a time between BSBs and crates.

On 6/10/2017 at 9:05 PM, Multivac said:

Could someone update this mod pretty please? Or direct me to another mod that does something similar? It's driving us nuts transferring dirt/rock shards/etc eight at a time between BSBs and crates.

The version i linked above is still working. Except some derpiness with fish that i couldn't find a way to fix.

Is there supposed to be a properties file with this?

make a new file name it bulktransportmod.properties

paste in:

classname=com.webbrar.wurm.mods.bulktransportmod.BulkTransportMod
classpath=bulktransportmod.jar

put the jar file in a folder called bulktransoirtmod

This worked for me, was a tried it to use it and worked.

Edited by JockII

Is this mod still of any use since as far as I am aware a similar mechanic has been added to the game. If not I'll label this deprecated.

We still use this mod on our server, even though it is buggy when moving max.  The current mechanic moves whatever you can carry per second, so if you can only carry 2, it moves the stack at the rate of 2 per second.

I cant use "as many as you can carry" option, I get "You may not carry that weight" moving from crates or bsb etc to inventory on my server. we all have to set amount 5 or something :(

Edited by Darkness1990

Was this the mod causing that? I get `You can not even carry one of those.` even after removing this.

Edited by Adambean