Sklotopolis - Mining Moon Metals

Good Day! Today I want to tell you something about moon metal mining and meditation on Sklotopolis, first topic is a bit more special but meditation is a very common and important topic when it comes to Wurm.

You can mine moon metals and find them within treasure chest, yes they are thought to be very rare but with lots of mining you can have your own moon metal weapon very soon. This is a very new feature so we will balance it, once we have more feedback. So stay tuned for your own moon metal weapon on Sklotopolis.

Sklotopolis - Meditation

Meditation, a very good example of how grindy Wurm can be, it takes ages and the advantge doesn't pay out at the lower levels. So also here we have done a lot to make meditation more comfortable. 

Unlimited Meditations per day

Meditate as often you can, you just have to wait the usual 30 minutes between the skillgains. A lot better and faster skillgain.

No more fail to relax

How have we hated the "You fail to relax" message, well it is gone on Sklotopolis. There are no more fails for meditation actions.

Don't need to move for meditation skillgain

Moving 10 tiles for a meditation tick is not really helpful at all too, so we removed it too.

Meditation level cooldown reduced by 80%

The cooldown between each level is reduced by 80%, which means that the 24 days at higher levels are 5 days on Sklotopolis, which is amazing and make things faster. I think people really enjoy it.

Meditating is also part of the x5 skill multiplier

Of course such extremly low ticks have been almost fully removed from Sklotopolis and so meditation is also part of the x5 skill multiplier.

• Like 1

I was never lucky to see moon metals on WO.  It is nice to have a decent chance to find some now :)

Update

Fixed a critical WU bug which deleted items from inactive players

Edited by Sklo:D
  • Like 1

I was there for a little bit last night, but found the people there a little too rude and unhelpful, so left abruptly

9 hours ago, ozmods said:

I was there for a little bit last night, but found the people there a little too rude and unhelpful, so left abruptly

Well this is sad to hear, but we can't control the people who are playing on our server, as long as they stay within the rules we can't tell them what they have to do of course, we also don't want. There is a very fresh group around the starter deed Haven, most of the people of this group don't speak english very well, so could also have been a communication issue too. Furthermore you can't discover the magic and the great community on Sklotopolis in just 10 minutes. You need to see everything and then make a summary for yourself. :)

If you are still interested in a possible second start, I would like to invite you on a small tour with one of our GMs explaining you why Sklotopolis is the perfect server for so many people and why it also could be the perfect server for you. They will also explain many unique features and give some tipps on who will give you the best help. There are a lot of people within our community working hand in hand with our staff team, helping new players, doing events and so on. You have also chosen an unlucky time, as there are 2 GMs at Haven at the moment just waiting for new players to join and helping them getting started, of course they can't be around the whole day but also doing their best to help as many new players as possible.

PM me please if your are interested in the tour, so we can arrange an appointment.

• Like 1

thanks for the offer, it's coming into spring, down under, so i'll not be investing too much more time in WU, I wouldn't want to get on your server and have a deed setup only to vanish for 6 months, but if your still around after that i'll definitely be in touch.

all the best cheers.

Alright :) Enjoy the time. We will be around for sure.

Wish you all the best too.

Kyklops Slaying - TODAY

The Aged Kyklops will be slayn TODAY (Sunday) @ 8PM UTC

After the slaying DEV and GMs will prepare a special Game again where a lot of items can be won. Will be a very funny game once again. So make sure you will not miss it!! Here is a countdownhttp://www.tickcounter.com/countdown/1472414400000/utc/dhms/FFFFFF3B5998000000FF0000/

Meeting Point: http://andistyr.github.io/wu-map/#dunkelwald

damn i should have disband my deed instead giving it to enno XD (just kidding) i wish you all a nice slaying ;) and remember me sometimes XD

On 27.8.2016 at 0:36 PM, Sklo:D said:

Well this is sad to hear, but we can't control the people who are playing on our server, as long as they stay within the rules we can't tell them what they have to do of course, we also don't want. There is a very fresh group around the starter deed Haven, most of the people of this group don't speak english very well, so could also have been a communication issue too. Furthermore you can't discover the magic and the great community on Sklotopolis in just 10 minutes. You need to see everything and then make a summary for yourself. :)

If you are still interested in a possible second start, I would like to invite you on a small tour with one of our GMs explaining you why Sklotopolis is the perfect server for so many people and why it also could be the perfect server for you. They will also explain many unique features and give some tipps on who will give you the best help. There are a lot of people within our community working hand in hand with our staff team, helping new players, doing events and so on. You have also chosen an unlucky time, as there are 2 GMs at Haven at the moment just waiting for new players to join and helping them getting started, of course they can't be around the whole day but also doing their best to help as many new players as possible.

PM me please if your are interested in the tour, so we can arrange an appointment.

What an extraordinary service for new players!! Chapeau!

You're doing a really great job running your server, Sklo. (Oh, the temptation.... :P )

13 hours ago, Yaga said:

What an extraordinary service for new players!! Chapeau!

You're doing a really great job running your server, Sklo. (Oh, the temptation.... :P )

Kyklops Slaying

tfUJMKq.jpg

WXcFFvM.jpg

Another Maze game

gs3gtUG.jpg

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 6:39 AM, ozmods said:

thanks for the offer, it's coming into spring, down under, so i'll not be investing too much more time in WU, I wouldn't want to get on your server and have a deed setup only to vanish for 6 months, but if your still around after that i'll definitely be in touch.

all the best cheers.

Although you really can't predict how long and server will last in WU Sklotopolis is one of the older and more established ones. With Sklo dedicating a lot of time to improving it I don't get the impression it will *vanish* anytime soon. A very good place to play casually on your own timeframe with a free small deed, no deed maintenance or crops rotting, which might force you into logging on at a shorter timeframe.

I never had any problems with anyone there but I keep more to myself just puttering around the deed when there. Overall I get the impression that the players are pretty nice if you prefer to socialize more often. A fair number of GM events too for larger group participation. Skill gains are pretty fast so you can progress well, as well as fast timers so you can accomplish a lot more quickly. A nice server to settle down on I would say.

=Ayes=

You know, I've played on other servers but settled on sklotopolis. My view on WU servers were "what happens if I invest a lot of time there and the server goes poof?" 

Most WU servers have skill and action mods to make them faster some only slightly more. I'm not gonna spend my time grinding in WU like I would WO. Other servers were just too fast and took the fun out of Skilling up. Sklotopolis seems so well balanced. I can earn skills quickly enough to not feel like I'm cheating and it takes some work to get to the higher skill so not everyone running around will achieve that. It still feels like I'm working hard to achieve something but it's not anything like WO where it can take years of real life time to get good skills. So basically if the server goes belly up I won't feel like I've invested sooo much and lost whereas in WO it's a huge financial and time investment. No server will last forever and sklotopolis is no exception but then again WO won't either. Our server here has a nice donation system and although I'm not privy to the financial info for supporting the server I've been told it's well funded. I actually donate myself almost every month. That's how much I love and believe in this server. 

There are just sooo many quality of life features that just make sense. This server is what WO should be lol I know many will disagree but the game play to me personally I'd absolutely perfect. 

I'm a CA here and I can tell you that the staff is constantly (behind the scenes)  trying to improve the server daily. The GM team is hands on and I guarantee you find a better staff then the one we have here. 

Come try sklotopolis!  

• Like 4

We are currently running a Fishing Contest this weekend.  There was a sailboat race this evening and will likely be another before end of this event.  It's a great event for all skill levels!

One thing you'll notice about Sklo is the regular events created to draw the community together.  The community on Sklo is amazing and everyone is so helpful and friendly.  We slay all uniques that spawn, but that's not all we do!  These other fun events pop up almost monthly sometimes sooner :)

d7b3294c6c.jpg

8fb3f19758.jpg

Edited by Wreck
pics

Fishing Contest, Sail boat race and much more

Very nice sailboat race yesterday, at the bottom you can see a picture of it.

What else have we got for you this weekend:

Fishing Contest: Prices for heaviest / highest quality of each type of fish at the end of the competition. We will keep a google sheet with all contestants and the weight of the heaviest 2 fish of each type. Bring your own boat and rods, or use one of the generic sailboats at Haven.

The heaviest fish will receive a 90QL fishing rod with CoC and an 99QL fantastic pendulum with 104 LitD!. It will be a truly one of a kind prize!

Highest QL fish for each type of fish will receive small prizes like sleep powders or silver / Pelt with Coc / 1 x Kylops blood / 80QL exquisite meditation carpet

Prize giving will be 4 September 07:00 UTC.

3rd September - Nessie hunt. 08:00 UTC

Lets hunt some sea monsters for fun. Dominikk will summon us some to hunt for fun. Maybe even add an anaconda or two. Corpse recovery and teleports back for players without tents.

4th September - Prize giving and ending ceremony 07:00 UTC
Raffle for 80QL Red dragon scale armor set

Thanks to the wonderful community who is organising this and putting so much work into all the great events. Join us today!

1oufTHy.jpg

• Like 1

I created a character on here today to take a look around and I'm having trouble with the client. It just crashes constantly with the error "<GC overhead limit exceeded>". Seems to be a memory problem? That doesn't make much sense as my PC has 32Gb of Ram. I tried turning various settings down on the client but it still crashed almost immediately after logging in. Any clues?

Lets hunt some sea monsters

Thanks to all people for attending, really a huge amount of people showed up. Great fun! All participants are in for the scale set raffle today. Good Luck to everyone :)

Here are a few pictures of the fun at the event side.

Meeting at Haven

u29hcdH.jpg

Zeus showing his powers!

h6E0xKV.jpg

Slaying of Nessie

NE3PYqH.jpg

• Like 1

Fishing contest - Ending Ceremony

Overview of the prizes

92ql pelt w/ 61coc
80ql meditation rug
1 x source crystal
10 silver
LitD70 pendulum
Kyklops blood
LitD72 pendulum
14 sleep powders
90ql fishing rod

90QL rod with fantastic (1st prize overall)

99QL gold pendulum with 104 LitD (1st prize overall)
80QL pendulum Lurker 86 and WoA 77 (2nd prize overall)

Red dragon scale set (raffle)

Thanks to all participants, all donators of prizes and to the great organisation team. Special thanks go to the main event organizer McWidowmaker THANKS! We had a very great time.

Last but not least Dominikk went in for another sea serpent, to give the event an end with a blast. Congrats to all our winners.

DJGlriO.jpg

kTRTtqC.jpg

See you soon @ Haven

eJxk3Jh.jpg

• Like 1

Did you know?

On Sklotopolis mailing is free of charge and all different kinds of mailboxes are created with a [30] power Courier cast by default.

You no longer need a Fo priest to get your mailbox to work. #makewurmgreatagain

Yk3XuIq.png

• Like 1

Free bump for being, in my opinion, the best server for new players, the best mods to make casual play more enjoyable, perfect size map, great community, lots of players on at different times and being the WU that I continue to go back to.

Party on!

Sullen

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Sullen said:

Free bump for being, in my opinion, the best server for new players, the best mods to make casual play more enjoyable, perfect size map, great community, lots of players on at different times and being the WU that I continue to go back to.

Party on!

Sullen

Thank you for your kind words.  We are glad you are a part of the fun with us :)