Sklotopolis 1.3 Alpha Test server

There is currently a Sklotopolis 1.3 alpha Test Server up and running. You can find it via the filter.
It is set to TEST so you can spawn items like GMs can using the cornucopia which can be found just OUTSIDE of Haven at the guard tower.
The server is set to PVP just for the fun and you can teleport to Haven via our /eventteleport command.
About 72 cooking recipes provided by the WU Devs have been activated and can be tested.
The server is not stable and a bit laggy, it can be shutdowned anytime. It also will not run 24/7 but will be up most of the day CET time zone.

Please test our mods too and give us feedback if there is something wrong or acting strange.

• Like 3

Dragon slaying weekend

This weekend we slayed  "The aged starving black dragon hatchling", it was a lot of fun. Thanks everyone for attending, we had about 120 accounts signed in at the time, which is a very awesome count and NO that's not a lot of alts because on Sklotopolis no matter how many alts you have you online, you will only receive hide once per unique steamid and also only get one raffle entry once per steamid. So doesn't that sound like an awesome dragon loot mod, completly unique among all servers? Join us today and check it out!

I also have some pictures for you, as usual :)

T6A3q6B.jpg

th0UlQs.jpg

Edited by Sklo:D
  • Like 2

Troll King Slaying

This weekend we slayed  "The aged starving troll king", it was a huge success and a lot of fun. Thanks everyone for attending, we had about 130 accounts signed in at the time, which is an amazing count. Sklotopolis is one of the most populated servers out there, WITHOUT the need to fake any player counts, as other servers need to do just to stay alive. Join us today and check the most awesome and most modded server out!

Btw. we are also on niarja, check the kill out here: https://niarja.com/uniques/703

emqebcA.jpg

This is where we have been going to slay the troll king.

w3jFDqV.jpg

The camp for all the slayers, here we have been preparing for the fight and set up our tents for respawn.

8SC0Ion.jpg

Fighters are rushing into the slaying area.

quabK14.jpg

Waiting for the raffles after the fight.

Kyklops Slaying

Today we have a Kyklops Slaying event at 20:00 UTC with some great loot. Don't miss it out!

http://sklotopolis.freeforums.net/thread/1715/community-event-kyklops-slaying-mar

Scavenger Hunt

There is also a scavenger Hunt with a great prize currently going on. Thanks to @Wreckfor organising it!

http://sklotopolis.freeforums.net/thread/1719/scavenger-hunt-march-hota-statue

Edited by Engineer
  • Like 1

Meanwhile on Sklotopolis

Sklotopolis Developers need to work as merchants at events for food. 

At least they are creative...

cdjxnbD.jpg

Sklotopolis 1.3.1.2 LIVE

We are live again! Cooking update and a lot more changes.

Modding changelog:

• You can now do a lot more actions while mounted (see list below)
  • Fixed a bug in the crate mod after the new update
  • Fixed a bug in the bulk mod after the new update
  • Reworked the bulkitemsort mod
  • Added some actions to enable and disable sorting on bulks and crates (right click action)
  • Added an Event chat in which only CM+ can write others only read
  • Added all missing commands to the different /help and #help windows
  • Fixed the pending mail mod so it doesn't crash the server anymore (Michiel)
  • Fixed a bug in the Dragon Loot Mod after the update
  • Fixed a bug where CM+ couldn't write colored in custom chats
  • Added an action to compare a key with a lock or locked gate
  • Added the action wrap again, you can wrap items with a wood scrap to gifts
  • You can now sleep in tents (Michiel)
  • Added a /logout command which logs you out after a certain delay. (Michiel)
  • Added the hand mirror as a newbie spawn item.
  • There is now a command for opening the trader chat. /trade (Michiel)
  • GMs can now change the color of every item (Michiel)
  • Treasure Chest spawn has been increased
  • The color of devtalkers in MGMT and GM chat has been changed to a more readable one
  • The eventteleporter now has got a countdown (Michiel)
  • All events persist after server restarts (Michiel)
  • A few problems with the eventteleporter in general have been fixed (Michiel)
  • Like 1

Bug fix

• The temp affinities from the new cooking stuff will now be the same for tasting and eating.
  • Surfacemining should be fixed again.
  • Bulk sorting has been fixed.
  • Improved the bulkmod so it works more properly after the new update
  • Improved the cratemod so it works more properly too

New mine entrances

The players on Sklotopolis are very creative when it comes to the new mine entraces. Here we can see Iamyourfather's new house / houses.

2XoPjQF.jpg

• Like 1

Update

• Fixed moving bulk items between containers no longer caring about inventory capacity. 
  • Fixed so players can no longer move 100 000 bulk items and more between containers and causing lag with it.
  • Added 100% of carbs, fats,... as bonus for the refresh action
  • Nutrition is now set to 99% more often on refresh actions, instead of stopping at 50%.
  • The favor bonus for sacrificing corn, etc should be back.
  • You should receive additional favor bonus when sacrificing chopped items.

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 2:09 PM, Sklo:D said:

The players on Sklotopolis are very creative when it comes to the new mine entraces. Here we can see Iamyourfather's new house / houses.

That is pretty interesting. Looks like he created a 3 tile wide mine entrance and filled it level with concrete? Then built the house on the second tile in (also level)? So this makes the mine entrance look outside the mine. Then to top it off (literally), leveled the ground on top of the entrance (before or after?) and started another house above the mine entrance outside. Creative indeed!

Where is this located (deed name) as I might like to drop by for a look.

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes
e

2 minutes ago, Ayes said:

That is pretty interesting. Looks like he created a 3 tile wide mine entrance and filled it level with concrete? Then built the house one the second tile in (also level)? So this makes the mine entrance look outside the mine. Then to top it off (literally), leveled the ground on top of the entrance (before or after?) and started another house above the mine entrance outside. Creative indeed!

Where is this located (deed name) as I might like to drop by for a look.

=Ayes=

Yup you are right. We have very creative people on here, I have seen mazes, chess boards, pyramids, mountain castles and a lot more :)

This special building is located here => http://andistyr.github.io/wu-map/#dreamland

• Like 1

Creativity is unlimited on Sklotopolis

Our players can already put decoration items on their tables. Very creative ideas out there. I am currently just leaning back and looking what we have created in the past 1.5 years. The amazing world of Sklotopolis always has some wonderful details only a few tiles away from you no matter where you are.

WmAk86r.jpg

• Like 2

Engineer's Hungergames part 2

Group Registrations for the Hungergames part 2 are now open! The event will take place on April 15th 2017.

More information and the link to the groups can be found here:

http://sklotopolis.freeforums.net/thread/1769/engineers-hungergames-2

Scavenger Hunt

We have another scavenger Hunt with great prizes going on. Thanks to @Wreckfor organising it once again!

http://sklotopolis.freeforums.net/thread/1780/scavenger-hunt-find-special-bison

Edited by Engineer
  • Like 1

Troll King Slaying was a lot of fun.  Here's some screenshots I took during the event.

ad005f0470.jpg0945b1ce01.jpg0e36bea3dd.jpg

Edited by Wreck
added pics
  • Like 2

My husband and I moved over to Sklotopolis from Xanadu a few weeks ago. This is a fantastic server. The mods hit just the right balance of reducing the grind to not be so punishing while still keeping the value of high skills. The community is the best I've ever seen on a Wurm server - a nice mix of Wurm veterans and newbies, and plenty of folks who will help other players and contribute to make the server a great place to (virtually) live. This is Wurm as it should have always been, imo. Kudos and props to Sklo and the team for hosting such a wonderful server! Wurm is fun again! ?

• Like 4

Lagfix

We have been able to fix a critical bug causing a lot of lag burried deep in the WU core. Sorry for the "Xanadu" styled lag in the last days, the server is running very smooth again now. All problems have been solved.

April Fools on Sklotopolis

bRFMBrd.jpg

SokOxUi.jpg

Guard tower theft :o 

3TGhM0L.jpg

Very well hidden by the thief!

c516XuP.jpg

• Like 2

Also was quite funny to see lots of fake unique spawned during the April Fools Event.  Thank everyone for being a good sport in the event.  Was a hoot!

• Like 1

Double Dragon Slaying around easter

Enjoy the early easter present for the server! I will inform you when the easter bunny is starting to run around within the next days :) 

• Like 1