Sign in to follow this  
AbsolutelyNobody

[RELEASED] Creatures Mod

2 hours ago, SuperFly said:

is this mod working yet?

we abandoned it several WU patches ago.   To my knowledge it still works, but all horses are born as white foals.  

The server added traits 23, 24, 25 but had the trait names misspelled. This caused the horses to appear all white. v0.17 of the server modloader now uses custom traits starting at 23 and fixes the name. The mod can implement different algorithms for trait propagation to the offspring to avoid wasting traits on colors only available for horses.

8 hours ago, ago said:

The server added traits 23, 24, 25 but had the trait names misspelled. This caused the horses to appear all white. v0.17 of the server modloader now uses custom traits starting at 23 and fixes the name. The mod can implement different algorithms for trait propagation to the offspring to avoid wasting traits on colors only available for horses.

Is someone available who could do this? It would be a shame to lose this fantastic mod especially with all the potential it represented.

9 hours ago, ago said:

Just a Q Ago, because I honestly don't know. Wouldn't leaving 23,24,25 in the creatures mod cause issues with the new horse colour traits (23,24,25) Wurm added in (ebonyblack, bloodbay, piebaldpinto), and thus require a few higher numbers not already occupied by Wurm colour trait list? Aka, someone would need to use say, 26,27,28 in creatures mod.

Edited by Drathania

Ago any chance you can add zebra's, huskies, pandas, and the other assets he had in the original version?    The zebra's actually could be bred properly.

They be included in the release:

* PandaBear

* Zebra

* Ocelot

* Cat

* Horse/Foal

* Chicken/Hen/Rooster

* Pig

* Cow/Calf/Bull

* Dog

• Like 1

Hi ago. Have you taken up maintenance of this mod?

I just posted a fix for newer servers. I have no skill with models and texturing so there won't be any update on the graphics side. I can probably do bugfixes however.

1 hour ago, ago said:

I just posted a fix for newer servers. I have no skill with models and texturing so there won't be any update on the graphics side. I can probably do bugfixes however.

I can help with the models and animations.   BTW.  I was going to talk to you..      I have a few models and animations I was going to share for the pack but you might need to redo this mod a bit.

So the model is a .dds file and the animation are .wom.      Every .wom function is called in an xml file.    

If you can help me package that into the mod i'll contribute additional animals for the community.   

Rabbit

Cat

Lion

Elephant

Monkey

plenty more depends on how big we want this mod to grow. 

Might even throw in the Orc's i did yesterday with the Boss.    Boss is red, minions are green.    http://razors-edge.enjin.com/gallery/m/30635478/detail/238924#pid=2606273

Keep in mind the Orc alone is 15mb when you think about how many creatures.    This would be more than just changing skins on existing models.. This is adding new models completely. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure this would actually require large rewrites. The server only needs to know about the basic creature stats and sends the model name to the client. The client then picks the correct model from the pack. The husky dog trait already uses a different model than the regular dogs.

The graphics pack is the core of the mod. The code is just a few lines to setup each creature and to add the traits. This could even be outsourced into a server side config file. When done right this would enable anyone to create a mod that adds new creatures without the need to write a single line of code.

• Like 1

Now all the foals seem to be born with the "regular bay" model.  Anyone else getting this?

6 hours ago, JackBinimbul said:

Now all the foals seem to be born with the "regular bay" model.  Anyone else getting this?

yes but if you look at them in GM mode using the traits command they have the correct flags for colors.. If you just hit save after pulling up the traits it will update the foal.

8 hours ago, razoreqx said:

yes but if you look at them in GM mode using the traits command they have the correct flags for colors.. If you just hit save after pulling up the traits it will update the foal.

Will this need to be done for EVERY foal born?

31 minutes ago, JackBinimbul said:

Will this need to be done for EVERY foal born?

Unless your using ago's creature mod which is part of his server pack yes.

I am using Ago's server loader and I also downloaded the 2.2 version of this mod that he linked in this thread.

Edited by JackBinimbul

This appears to be broken with the new patch.  All special animals are showing with vanilla textures.  All dogs are now vanilla.  Even zebras are now white horses.  Some of the horse textures are working, others are not.  I did run the patcher.bat before launching.

Edited by JackBinimbul

it's working for me.

Can you please post the client.log from the client directory?

I'm an idiot.  I patched the server, but forgot to patch the client.  Back to normal now.  Thanks!

Hi! I got lost somewhere trying to install this mod. At the moment I have all vanilla creatures, that say they are the new ones, like, dalmation, or knabstrupper. And horses appear white. What did I do wrong?

I put the creaturedemo folder into my server mods folder.

Oh, and I ran the patcher.bats in both files.

Edited by Fizziepop

Have you got the client mod install on your client and have serverpacks enabled!

I've installed the client modlauncher and the server modlauncher, and managed to create my own functional map!

I then put this mod into the server mod folder, and it shows up in the mods tab when I start up the server, and says it's enabled.

Should it be there? Should it be in the client mod folder instead? Or also?

I have white horses running around claiming to be Zebras. They're a bit confused.

is your client downloading the creature serverpack???

Check your console

Will look something like

[10:07:36 AM] INFO ModComm: Handshake response received, server protocol version is 1, 1 channels activated
[10:07:36 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmonline.clientmods.serverpacks.ServerPacksMod: Got server pack A0553A65523FE3159852CCAF022C54E021E81492 (http://***.***.***.***:27057/packs/A0553A65523FE3159852CCAF022C54E021E81492)
[10:07:36 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmonline.clientmods.serverpacks.ServerPacksMod: Added server pack A0553A65523FE3159852CCAF022C54E021E81492