Sign in to follow this  
AbsolutelyNobody

[RELEASED] Creatures Mod

5 minutes ago, Governor said:

should only need to delete the already present panda, zebra and ocelot from the wurmcreatures.db to get rid of the [04:40:33 PM] WARNING com.wurmonline.server.zones.Zone: No Creature template with id 2147483645 and the others like it. The others that it changes will revert back to old forms (pigs, hens, dogs, ect).

I deleted all of them, I listed by name and deleted them all, but still get the same error. Also I cant find a creature with that id

Instructions on OP is a bit vanilla, so scouted the rest of the thread, and over 18 pages, it gets a little tight.

1. Is this entire mod server-side, ie, I don't need to haunt players to install crap before they can play?

2. If 1 is false, what happens if they don't have it client side? What do they see?

Obviously player convenience and stability is number one. 

Thanks in advance.

M

Players don't need this mod installed on their clients, they do however need the client modloader and client side serverpacks mod installed - that part will download the models/textures when they connect to the server.

If they don't they'll see white-colored versions of the vanilla animals instead of the special types, i think.

• Like 1

Thanks!

It makes sense, I am going to beta test this locally before moving to the server.

It's going to be hard communicating it to new players nevertheless :(

8 hours ago, bdew said:

Players don't need this mod installed on their clients, they do however need the client modloader and client side serverpacks mod installed - that part will download the models/textures when they connect to the server.

If they don't they'll see white-colored versions of the vanilla animals instead of the special types, i think.

Well in the case of the panda they will see an angry red outlined cow that has a label "panda" on it

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Nappy said:

Well in the case of the panda they will see an angry red outlined cow that has a label "panda" on it

Ok just for that I'm half tempted to turn off our test server's server packs mod just so I can see this 'mad cow'. ROFL

20 hours ago, Nappy said:

Ok just for that I'm half tempted to turn off our test server's server packs mod just so I can see this 'mad cow'. ROFL

31 minutes ago, LifesaverM said:

Just turn off your client modloader on a client or turn off server packs on the client. Should do the trick for you without messing with your server.

On 3/12/2017 at 7:27 PM, Nappy said:

Just turn off your client modloader on a client or turn off server packs on the client. Should do the trick for you without messing with your server.

While this is funny, it's a bit annoying, as those without it, don't want or expect it. An angry cow is really annoying...

The other issue with the mod is that it doesn't affect only new animals, but current ones. I had a few players quite angry at their prized horses being something different now.

Other than that, it's great, not going back, worth it, and fun :)

4/5 stars

On 3/12/2017 at 1:27 PM, Nappy said:

True enough either way its a test server so doesn't really matter.

50 minutes ago, Marlon said:

While this is funny, it's a bit annoying, as those without it, don't want or expect it. An angry cow is really annoying...

The other issue with the mod is that it doesn't affect only new animals, but current ones. I had a few players quite angry at their prized horses being something different now.

4/5 stars

I get those that aren't aware of client side mods and need to be pointed in the right direction. But don't want? I find it a bit odd that someone would want to play on a modded server and yet purposely block some of it's content. Kinda defeats the purpose I think, perhaps I'm wrong. Plus it doesn't have to download the pack each time just verify its hash exists so even folks with bandwidth concerns really don't have to worry after that first push.

But to the other point, existing creatures get modified after installation? That could indeed be problematic. Not that I distrust what Marlon is saying at all but can someone else verify this just to confirm its not a wogic fluke?

7 hours ago, LifesaverM said:

True enough either way its a test server so doesn't really matter.

I get those that aren't aware of client side mods and need to be pointed in the right direction. But don't want? I find it a bit odd that someone would want to play on a modded server and yet purposely block some of it's content. Kinda defeats the purpose I think, perhaps I'm wrong. Plus it doesn't have to download the pack each time just verify its hash exists so even folks with bandwidth concerns really don't have to worry after that first push.

But to the other point, existing creatures get modified after installation? That could indeed be problematic. Not that I distrust what Marlon is saying at all but can someone else verify this just to confirm its not a wogic fluke?

It changes the textures used on the existing horses through the pack. It will change the look of horses already in the game as it does not add new horse types to the game sadly. It does not change the look of all of them, just most. 

12 hours ago, Marlon said:

4/5 stars

This is player choice. When they choose to play on a server that someone is paying for (seldom do players pay for server costs) as well as administrating (investment of free time) it strikes me as strange that a player would complain about how a server is setup when their sole investment in it is the ability to play on it for free.

• Like 1

If anyone could take a peak and maybe help out if you see anything off. When trying to add this to my test server I get this string of errors:

Spoiler

[07:25:35 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.creatures.CreatureTemplateCreator: Creating Creature Templates took 61 ms
[07:25:35 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modsupport.IdFactory: Using id 2147483647 for creaturetemplate mod.creature.panda
[07:25:35 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Shutting down the server - reason: Problem running the server - java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: wrong number of arguments
[07:25:35 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Shutting down the server - cause: 
org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: wrong number of arguments
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.invoke(HookManager.java:312)
    at com.wurmonline.server.creatures.CreatureTemplateCreator.createCreatureTemplates(CreatureTemplateCreator.java)
    at com.wurmonline.server.Server.startRunning(Server.java:772)
    at com.wurmonline.server.ServerLauncher.runServer$1(ServerLauncher.java:119)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.ProxyServerHook$1$1.invoke(ProxyServerHook.java:55)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.invoke(HookManager.java:302)
    at com.wurmonline.server.ServerLauncher.runServer(ServerLauncher.java)
    at com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiController.startGame(WurmServerGuiController.java:1221)
    at com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiController.startOfflineBtnClicked(WurmServerGuiController.java:152)
    at sun.reflect.misc.Trampoline.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.misc.MethodUtil.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$MethodHandler.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$ControllerMethodEventHandler.handle(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler.dispatchBubblingEvent(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventDispatcher.dispatchBubblingEvent(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.event.EventDispatchChainImpl.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEvent(Unknown Source)
    at javafx.event.Event.fireEvent(Unknown Source)
    at javafx.scene.Node.fireEvent(Unknown Source)
    at javafx.scene.control.Button.fire(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.behavior.ButtonBehavior.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.skin.BehaviorSkinBase$1.handle(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler$NormalEventHandlerRecord.handleBubblingEvent(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler.dispatchBubblingEvent(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventDispatcher.dispatchBubblingEvent(Unknown Source)
    at javafx.scene.Scene$MouseHandler.process(Unknown Source)
    at javafx.scene.Scene$MouseHandler.access$1500(Unknown Source)
    at javafx.scene.Scene.impl_processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at javafx.scene.Scene$ScenePeerListener.mouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler$MouseEventNotification.run(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler$MouseEventNotification.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.lambda$handleMouseEvent$355(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.runWithoutRenderLock(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.handleMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.View.handleMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.View.notifyMouse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$149(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: wrong number of arguments
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modsupport.CreatureTemplateBuilder.build(CreatureTemplateBuilder.java:327)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modsupport.creatures.ModCreatures$1$1.invoke(ModCreatures.java:101)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.invoke(HookManager.java:302)
    ... 82 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: wrong number of arguments
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ReflectionUtil.callPrivateMethod(ReflectionUtil.java:80)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modsupport.CreatureTemplateBuilder.createCreatureTemplate(CreatureTemplateBuilder.java:335)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modsupport.CreatureTemplateBuilder.build(CreatureTemplateBuilder.java:273)
    ... 84 more

[07:25:38 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Shutting down at: 
java.lang.Exception
    at com.wurmonline.server.Server.shutDown(Server.java:3528)
    at com.wurmonline.server.Server.shutDown(Server.java:3520)
    at com.wurmonline.server.ServerLauncher.runServer$1(ServerLauncher.java:126)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.ProxyServerHook$1$1.invoke(ProxyServerHook.java:55)
    at com.wurmonline.server.ServerLauncher.runServer(ServerLauncher.java)
    at com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiController.startGame(WurmServerGuiController.java:1221)
    at com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiController.startOfflineBtnClicked(WurmServerGuiController.java:152)
    at sun.reflect.misc.Trampoline.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.misc.MethodUtil.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$MethodHandler.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$ControllerMethodEventHandler.handle(Unknown Source)
    at javafx.scene.Node.fireEvent(Unknown Source)
    at javafx.scene.control.Button.fire(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.behavior.ButtonBehavior.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler$NormalEventHandlerRecord.handleBubblingEvent(Unknown Source)
    at javafx.scene.Scene$MouseHandler.process(Unknown Source)
    at javafx.scene.Scene$MouseHandler.access$1500(Unknown Source)
    at javafx.scene.Scene.impl_processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at javafx.scene.Scene$ScenePeerListener.mouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.lambda$handleMouseEvent$355(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.runWithoutRenderLock(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.handleMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.View.handleMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.View.notifyMouse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$149(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Any idea as to what I could do to fix this? Help is greatly appreciated!

So I only see Panda Bear, Ocelot and Zebra??  No others are available to me, any Idea why?

Thanks

• Like 1

I noticed that this mod comes with a file named "creaturepack.jar" in the mod folder ("creaturedemo")... Given that I've seen many references in this thread to serverpacks but can't seem to find specific mention of this, I wanted to ask.

As a server administrator, do I need to copy the "creaturepack.jar" file into the "serverpacks" folder for it to be sent to players?

[EDIT]

Figured it out by looking at the Wiki page for the actual serverpacks mod... For anyone curious (info may be helpful to someone which is why I'm putting it here under my question):

Each mod is able to include a "serverPacks=" entry in its properties file. ago1024's serverpacks mod will look in each enabled mod's properties for that line and send the JAR to clients. CreatureDemo (this mod) has such a line, so it seems it doesn't need to also exist in the "serverpacks" mod folder.

[/EDIT]

Edited by Ignacius
answer
  • Like 1

do they replace textures? cuz we added the mod on our server and 2 colors poof, the pieboldpinto and bloodbay, well not sure they are here but alot of my horses changed colors when we added it, and is there going to be updates still?

1 hour ago, Luka said:

do they replace textures? cuz we added the mod on our server and 2 colors poof, the pieboldpinto and bloodbay, well not sure they are here but alot of my horses changed colors when we added it, and is there going to be updates still?

Yes and add some too.

From what i can rememder  it changes the last two horse types CCP added a while bqck and adds some extra ones.

When I download from the OP link, I get a .rar file, not the usual folder + .properties file.  I'm not sure what to do with the .rar, as nothing on my computer seems able to open it.  Am I missing something?

use Winrar to open it. The files inside are to be placed into your mods folder, and the creature pack to be added to you server pack folder and properties file

Edited by Governor

6 minutes ago, Governor said:

The file needed is a .jar. The file is meant to be put into the serverpacks folder of the server. You need to add the pack name to the properties file for the server pack also.

Yes, usually a download link gives you a folder containing a .jar file, plus a .properties file. But the link in the OP just leads to a .rar file (usually it would be a .zip).  I need to know where to find the .jar and .properties files please.

EDIT: I found the link in ago's post from May 2nd. Probably would be helpful if it was in the OP though, too?

Edited by Batta

Can someone please check the link?  When I try to upload this file (version 2.2) to my hosted server in the normal way,, I get an error:  

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Looks like it works fine. If you are getting the error when uploading it might be on the host end.

Does this mod cause Sol Demons to spawn?  I'm hoping it does, because otherwise I have no explanation for them. Our server went 10 months without a single Sol Demon. Within a few days of my adding this mod, we have literally dozens of them all over the place. 

Sol Demons are a serious problem because they attack and kill NPCs, such as our merchants, traders, tower guards, and so on.  They walk right into a locked house or pen and attack whoever is inside. 

Edited by Batta