Sign in to follow this  
CitadelServers

Rentable Wurm Dedicated Game Server Hosting at CitadelServers.com

Feburary 2016 Special Offer

This Feburary we have lowered our RAM prices, cheaper prices, same great service!

We have a special Promotional Offer this Feburary

Order just 3GB of RAM for your Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Game server and get the 4th GB of RAM Free!

Order your Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Game Server today.

level_up_free_ram_upgrade.png

I want to a host a small map x2048 for my father and myself with an occasional invitation of a group of players (up to 10 at one time). Would 2gigs be enough for this?

also - why would i have to pay extra to host the server in Washington (state?, i presume) than canada?

i'll comment not a bad service,  server did come down randomly a few times in the 2 months i had it up.  if you keep an eye on it with your phone at work using web, easy to restart it.

-

price ,well would be ok if your server has over 20 players on it. but thats not they're issue, we need to advertise to gain the player base. just too many servers and folks don't really want to restart over and over.

-

only true issue. maybe my fault for not reading it somewhere or forgetting about it 2 months later from sign up.  I canceled the service, due to lack of players,  but a week later i was still charged for it, only noticed because i check my emails once a week. and saw paypal payment processed.

-so when you cancel the services with them on their website. it DOES NOT cancel Payments.  I didn't see any pop up or read anything during the cancelation process, that states to cancel payments you must log into paypal and cancel through paypal subcriptions.  so $30 cnd loss paid for a service that is canceled.

So not happy about that. they should have it automaticlly done. or at least have paypal pop up and have the message to please proceed to there and finish cancelation.  so that folks don't continue paying for a service they canceled..

Still recommend them though.  just remember this, paypal thing.

@validate

Hi Validate,

We do state in all cancellation emails if paypal was used to pay you need to cancel the paypal subscription in your paypal account, however our new software update of billing handles this now so paypal subscriptions are cancelled automaticly. Any overpayment is auto-assigned as credit, if this was the case with you and you had an extra oustanding payment then you would have credit in your account with us which can be used to purchase anything with us

Edited by CitadelServers

7 hours ago, MootRed said:

I want to a host a small map x2048 for my father and myself with an occasional invitation of a group of players (up to 10 at one time). Would 2gigs be enough for this?

also - why would i have to pay extra to host the server in Washington (state?, i presume) than canada?

Hi @MootRed,

2GB should be fine for this, however if you require more RAM you can easily upgrade your service with a click of a button. As for locations, some datacenters cost more than others to provide hosting and as such may have a small fee. Our Washington State location is based in Seattle

anyone know how long citadele will work on the AP update?

edit: server is back nvm

Edited by Eject

April - Easter Sale

Use Promotional code WURMAPRIL10 for 10% off your server this April only!

5-1024_5689.jpg

Edited by CitadelServers
Updated

I have seen people asking but not seen any answers. 

This is a x2048 server, 15k max creatures, with a couple of structures and a couple of mines. Currently, there are only 2 players however, as it is a private, invite only map.

[11:34:05 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: current mem in use: 614M free mem: 186M Max mem: 2010M

It's set to use 2048M, so I have no idea why it lists the free mem to only 186M, but there's some numbers for a x2048.

This is a x1024, 10k max creatures (default), with no structures and a single mine. Currently there is only 1 player and the settings for Test are toggled. (Underground houses). There will always only be 1 player on this server.

[11:44:07 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: current mem in use: 771M free mem: 361M Max mem: 2010M

Again, it is set to use 2048M.

Of note, neither server has logging enabled so I cannot tell you the memory use of logging.

The numbers are pasted directly out of the console window for each server. Both were fresh restarts.

I hope this can help some of you asking how much RAM you need to rent.

EDIT: Yeah, I know... test server for underground structures with no structures. I'm getting to it. :-P

Edited by Audrel
  • Like 1

We now support one click installation of the Map Viewer Plugin, with this you can compile your current gamemode's map with one click,

this can be scheduled at any time, simply upload to the Webserver provided and your mapviewer will be live with anyone able to view it.

wurm-map-viewer.png

Multiple Wurm Unlimited Server Support

We now support direct Linking and Syncronising of multiple Wurm Unlimited Game Servers directly in our game control panel.

Simply enter in the other servers credentials, hit the sync button and start your servers and they will be linked together.

wu-multipleservers.jpg

May\June 2016 Special Offer

We have a special Promotional Offer this May\June

Order just 2GB of RAM for your Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Game server and get the 3th GB of RAM Free!

Order your Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Game Server today.

level_up_free_ram_upgrade.png

deleted

Edited by Eject

I believe we like something like this =)

a fast created example, but please "like it" if you think, this would be a good idea for us serveradmins:

app.png

• Like 3

got the server today, playing for couple hours, and get suspended with overdue payment reason.

opening ticket and no response.... :(:(

On 07/07/2016 at 7:31 PM, blamecoward said:

got the server today, playing for couple hours, and get suspended with overdue payment reason.

opening ticket and no response.... :(:(

Our system would not setup a new server if payment is not received and validated by our anti-fraud system, only then is a server setup, the automated system would not suspend any server after these two conditions are met, so you are falsely stating this as this is not possible with our system.

Would it be possible to use the RMI tool from bdew for scheduled restarts and backups for login servers and clusters to warn the players?    I noticed even a backup will shutdown a one of my clusters to unlock the DB files.    A warning to the players with a countdown would be great.  

• Like 1

You don't need to shutdown for backups. SQLITE has a special protocol for taking snapshot/backups from a database in use.

You can do it using the command line tool, eg.

sqlite3.exe wurmplayers.db ".backup wurmplayers.db.bak"

and repeat for the other files. Should be easy to make a script for backups.

41 minutes ago, bdew said:

You don't need to shutdown for backups. SQLITE has a special protocol for taking snapshot/backups from a database in use.

You can do it using the command line tool, eg.

sqlite3.exe wurmplayers.db ".backup wurmplayers.db.bak"

and repeat for the other files. Should be easy to make a script for backups.

They have a tool / job called backup event.   When it runs it shuts down the node / backs up then reboots the server.   Ive also noticed it only fires once per day even though I can schedule it per hour if i wanted.   It actually shuts the server down gracefully and backups.   

I agree with you.    When i was hosting locally i was able to pull backups every 15 mins with no interruption to services. 

My work around with Citadel is  FTP'ing the files down via a cron job every 15 minutes and achieving them.    but its just added overhead on my part.   

Edited by razoreqx

5 hours ago, razoreqx said:

They have a tool / job called backup event.   When it runs it shuts down the node / backs up then reboots the server.   Ive also noticed it only fires once per day even though I can schedule it per hour if i wanted.   It actually shuts the server down gracefully and backups.   

I agree with you.    When i was hosting locally i was able to pull backups every 15 mins with no interruption to services. 

My work around with Citadel is  FTP'ing the files down via a cron job every 15 minutes and achieving them.    but its just added overhead on my part.   

We have added this to our roadmap, however please contact us directly if you have any suggestions or require support, this thread is reserved for announcements\offers and feedback

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CitadelServers said:

We have added this to our roadmap, however please contact us directly if you have any suggestions or require support, this thread is reserved for announcements\offers and feedback

Glad to hear.    And the fact that I host the 2nd largest populated WU server / clusters using your service is a pretty good endorsement.    :)

• Like 1

If WU offers MySQL as an option how hard will this be to get added to the Citadel dashboard as you have for other hosted games on your services?   

On 02/08/2016 at 2:23 AM, razoreqx said:

If WU offers MySQL as an option how hard will this be to get added to the Citadel dashboard as you have for other hosted games on your services?   

If MySQL is added to Wurm Unlimited we will be providing support for it and the already implemented SQLite

• Like 1