ago

[RELEASED] Server mod loader + priest + crops + seasons + server packs + bag of holding

double

Edited by Eject

[08:43:15 AM] SEVERE org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.DelegatedLauncher: javassist.NotFoundException: getDirt(..) is not found in com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.Flattening

java.lang.RuntimeException: javassist.NotFoundException: getDirt(..) is not found in com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.Flattening

at net.bdew.wurm.betterdig.BetterDigMod.init(BetterDigMod.java:166)

at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared.lambda$loadModsFromModDir$5(ModLoaderShared.java:117)

at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.accept(ForEachOps.java:184)

at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$2$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:175)

at java.util.ArrayList$ArrayListSpliterator.forEachRemaining(ArrayList.java:1374)

at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:481)

at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:471)

at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp.evaluateSequential(ForEachOps.java:151)

at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.evaluateSequential(ForEachOps.java:174)

at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:234)

at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.forEach(ReferencePipeline.java:418)

at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared.loadModsFromModDir(ModLoaderShared.java:115)

at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.DelegatedLauncher.main(DelegatedLauncher.java:18)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

Can you help me please?

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

at javassist.Loader.run(Loader.java:288)

at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.ServerLauncher.main(ServerLauncher.java:33)

Caused by: javassist.NotFoundException: getDirt(..) is not found in com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.Flattening

at javassist.CtClassType.getMethod(CtClassType.java:1169)

at net.bdew.wurm.betterdig.BetterDigMod.init(BetterDigMod.java:113)

... 18 more

java.lang.RuntimeException: javassist.NotFoundException: getDirt(..) is not found in com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.Flattening

at net.bdew.wurm.betterdig.BetterDigMod.init(BetterDigMod.java:166)

at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared.lambda$loadModsFromModDir$5(ModLoaderShared.java:117)

at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.accept(ForEachOps.java:184)

at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$2$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:175)

at java.util.ArrayList$ArrayListSpliterator.forEachRemaining(ArrayList.java:1374)

at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:481)

at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:471)

at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp.evaluateSequential(ForEachOps.java:151)

at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.evaluateSequential(ForEachOps.java:174)

at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:234)

at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.forEach(ReferencePipeline.java:418)

at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared.loadModsFromModDir(ModLoaderShared.java:115)

at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.DelegatedLauncher.main(DelegatedLauncher.java:18)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

at javassist.Loader.run(Loader.java:288)

at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.ServerLauncher.main(ServerLauncher.java:33)

Caused by: javassist.NotFoundException: getDirt(..) is not found in com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.Flattening

at javassist.CtClassType.getMethod(CtClassType.java:1169)

at net.bdew.wurm.betterdig.BetterDigMod.init(BetterDigMod.java:113)

... 18 more

double

Edited by Eject

@Ejectupdate my better dig mod, there's a new version in the thread.

Also put those stacktraces in a spoiler or something, my finger hurts after scrolling down this page :P

• Like 1

thank you Bdew, it works now...and yes youre right i forget the spoiler because i need 4 tries to post this, there was a little problem with the forum ^^

Eject

Hello there!

After 1.3.5.5 I see fully logs in server console, but after patch - logs dont save in /map_folder/logs/wurm.log.

I test clean server -- logs works. Install modloader -- no logs in file. It's ok ?

P.S. I do tests on clean server and clean server + just mod loader (without any mods)

Edited by DiWorm

With modlauncher the logs by default go to server.log in the root server folder and they are more detailed. You can change that by editing logging.properties

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bdew said:

With modlauncher the logs by default go to server.log in the root server folder and they are more detailed. You can change that by editing logging.properties

Thx!

Guys, what is the Server Fixes mod? No info in thread and git about this

14 minutes ago, DiWorm said:

Guys, what is the Server Fixes mod? No info in thread and git about this

It used to have a fix for the headless server crash bug that was in one of alphas. Right now it does absolutely nothing.

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

I've been having some trouble specifically with what I believe is syntax for the custommap function for the serverpacks mod. Without replaying the initial client issues (and fix/suggestions by community members - thank you), here is where I'm currently stumped:

1. Spent literally hours checking and re-checking firewall, ensuring that Java isn't using IPv6, etc. I'm an old school linux admin by trade, pretty sure I have this working correctly and no issues with "other" games running on VMs similar to this one - I think the networking component, as far as the VM is concerned, is correct
  2. I see where in the server logs the pack is correctly hashed, for both the creaturemod and the serverpack (output below)
  3. Client side, I receive the hash from the server, but then get a connection refused. I initially thought this might be syntax in the configs, so spent a few hours trying different permutations of the mappings.txt file for the custom map
  4. Mucked around with the Wurm database, thinking maybe that was the issue, for another few hours
  5. Spent another few hours scouring these forums and using google-fu skills to try and determine where I may have messed up

Normally, since the server itself runs perfectly and we're enjoying it (a good friend of mine and I are having a go, 2nd time around), I wouldn't worry about it. We do have the web map working, and no issues with built in mods. The map generated however we want to share with the community and hopefully release to public for other players to have a relaxing time in our Wurm server. So, being a bit OCD myself, I don't like to release stuff generally unless it's 100% perfect, and need a little help.

Variables:

Database:

wurmlogin.db - mapname = KingdomofElysweir

mappings.txt (inside koe.jar):

map.KingdomofElysweir = maps/KingdomofElysweir.png

Location of map:

• root of game launcher (tried here initially, with mappings.txt calling it as map.KingdomofElysweir = KingdomofElysweir.png
  • Under the game folder itself for this instance (with the current mappings.txt as above)

Serverpacks.properties (initially tried specifying server IP, then commented that out and just left the ports, thinking maybe Java was getting pissy for some reason with the public IP)

classname=org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.serverpacks.ServerPackMod
classpath=serverpacks.jar
serverPacks=koe.jar
#Set a fixed port. If no port is selected a random free port will be used
serverPort=8888
# Use this to announce a different server name or IP address to the clients
# By default the setting "External Server IP Address" will be used for pack URLs
# This setting may be required when doing port forwarding in the router
#publicServerAddress=a.b.c.d
# Use this to announce a different server port to the client
# By default the serverPort or the automaticly choosen port will be used
# This setting may be required when doing port forwarding in the router
publicServerPort=8889
# Sets a different address for the HTTP server to bind to. Can be 0.0.0.0 to
# bind to all interfaces. Default is external ip in server settings.
#internalServerAddress=a.b.c.d

Confirmed that ports 8888 and 8889 are fully open, both udp and tcp (although tcp should be all that's required)

Server output showing that the mod is being detected and hashed :

[12:55:12 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loading mods/serverpacks.properties
[12:55:12 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Classpath: [mods/serverpacks/serverpacks.jar]
[12:55:12 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.serverpacks.ServerPackMod: serverPort: 8888
[12:55:12 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.serverpacks.ServerPackMod: publicServerAddress: null
[12:55:12 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.serverpacks.ServerPackMod: publicServerPort: 8889
[12:55:12 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.serverpacks.ServerPackMod: internalServerAddress: null
[12:55:14 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loaded org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.serverpacks.ServerPackMod as serverpacks (v0.25-f37e7dd)
[12:55:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.serverpacks.ServerPackMod: Added pack D80AA93E063D7D405D4E87B3D9C110CF297C473A for pack mods/creaturedemo/creaturepack.jar
[12:55:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.serverpacks.ServerPackMod: Added pack D80AA93E063D7D405D4E87B3D9C110CF297C473A for pack mods/creaturemod/creaturepack.jar
[12:55:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.serverpacks.ServerPackMod: Added pack 5FD93D8CF5505F933B3F430A3775F4235E146C32 for pack mods/serverpacks/koe.jar

Client output showing that it received but will not serve custom map :

[12:57:14 PM] INFO ModComm: Starting handshake, reporting 1 registered channels
[12:57:15 PM] INFO ModComm: Handshake response received, server protocol version is 1, 1 channels activated
[12:57:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmonline.clientmods.serverpacks.ServerPacksMod: Got server pack D80AA93E063D7D405D4E87B3D9C110CF297C473A (http://0.0.0.0:8889/packs/D80AA93E063D7D405D4E87B3D9C110CF297C473A)
[12:57:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmonline.clientmods.serverpacks.ServerPacksMod: Got server pack 5FD93D8CF5505F933B3F430A3775F4235E146C32 (http://0.0.0.0:8889/packs/5FD93D8CF5505F933B3F430A3775F4235E146C32)
[12:57:16 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.console: Initializing font texture for Monospaced (11). Texture Size: 128
[12:57:16 PM] SEVERE org.gotti.wurmonline.clientmods.serverpacks.ServerPacksMod: Connection refused: connect
[12:57:16 PM] SEVERE org.gotti.wurmonline.clientmods.serverpacks.ServerPacksMod: Connection refused: connect
[12:57:33 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.console: No mapping found for map.kingdomofelysweir

To my admitted junior WURM server administrator's eyes, the root appears to be the last line where no mapping is found. However, I've tried every permutation of trying to line up whatever the mapping issue is, with no success. I suspect the connection refused is due to the mapping not giving the server what it needs to download to the client.

Note, the creature mod does download and I have Henry the Rooster (don't judge me, Henry gets mad..... LOL) showing up just fine as a pet I've already collected. So this functionality seems to be working correctly.

I'm hopeful that another server admin that runs custom maps might point out the error in my ways - I feel like I've hit a wall and can't seem to figure out a better way to troubleshoot/resolve this. Thanks in advance for any suggestions !

_waffles

EDIT: Server name is Kingdom of Elysweir, if anyone wants to recreate and see the client console bug message for themselves.

Edited by _Waffles
Forgot to add server name so others can see error directly

@_WafflesTried going on your server...

INFO: Handshake response received, server protocol version is 1, 1 channels activated
INFO: Got server pack D80AA93E063D7D405D4E87B3D9C110CF297C473A (http://0.0.0.0:8889/packs/D80AA93E063D7D405D4E87B3D9C110CF297C473A)
INFO: Got server pack 5FD93D8CF5505F933B3F430A3775F4235E146C32 (http://0.0.0.0:8889/packs/5FD93D8CF5505F933B3F430A3775F4235E146C32)

Note the address 0.0.0.0 - that's not going to work.

You need to have your actual real public IP specified either in publicServerAddress property (serverpacks.properties), or in your server settings (external IP).

Edited by bdew

I'm having serverpacks problems on Ereb Altor aswell with new patch.

I have installed the new modlauncher...workes fine with DigtoGround. But ingame map - nope. Custom banners etc - nope.

@bdew- Thanks for the reply, I tried going back to setting the IP as suggested, with the same result of no map working and errors connecting. Here's the console log for that as well :

[10:18:40 AM] INFO ModComm: Starting handshake, reporting 1 registered channels
[10:18:41 AM] INFO ModComm: Handshake response received, server protocol version is 1, 1 channels activated
[10:18:41 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmonline.clientmods.serverpacks.ServerPacksMod: Got server pack D80AA93E063D7D405D4E87B3D9C110CF297C473A (http://64.95.62.146:8889/packs/D80AA93E063D7D405D4E87B3D9C110CF297C473A)
[10:18:41 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmonline.clientmods.serverpacks.ServerPacksMod: Got server pack 5FD93D8CF5505F933B3F430A3775F4235E146C32 (http://64.95.62.146:8889/packs/5FD93D8CF5505F933B3F430A3775F4235E146C32)
[10:18:42 AM] SEVERE org.gotti.wurmonline.clientmods.serverpacks.ServerPacksMod: Connection refused: connect
[10:18:42 AM] SEVERE org.gotti.wurmonline.clientmods.serverpacks.ServerPacksMod: Connection refused: connect
[10:18:42 AM] INFO com.wurmonline.console: Initializing font texture for Monospaced (11). Texture Size: 128
[10:18:55 AM] INFO com.wurmonline.console: No mapping found for map.kingdomofelysweir
[10:19:04 AM] INFO com.wurmonline.console: Time is Mon May 15 10:19:04 EDT 2017

I'm open to any other suggestions, I went back through from the beginning and tried to find some clue as to what's wrong, but am unfortunately not a programmer and thus other than trying different configs, am not very useful in trying to decode or view breakpoints as to where this falls apart.

Thanks again guys, hoping someone can have a look and provide advice !

_waffles

2 hours ago, Jukken said:

I'm having serverpacks problems on Ereb Altor aswell with new patch.

I logged into your server and they worked for me, it took a bit of time to download all the packs but after that the map showed up.

2 hours ago, _Waffles said:

Your packs server is not reachable from the client. Make sure the address and port are right and they are forwarded on your router and/or allowed on your firewall if you have one

17 minutes ago, bdew said:

Your packs server is not reachable from the client. Make sure the address and port are right and they are forwarded on your router and/or allowed on your firewall if you have one

it could be if server and client started on same PC

3 minutes ago, DiWorm said:

it could be if server and client started on same PC

I tried connecting to their server from my pc and that port is not reachable from here either (the address looks correct)

3 minutes ago, bdew said:

I tried connecting to their server from my pc and that port is not reachable from here either (the address looks correct)

Im about networks.. If server and client started localy -- He can't download pacs form own PC by Inet IP, but can by 127.0.0.1 or 192.168.blah.blah =) If I remember correctly the lectures about the networks.

We must wait for him and find out the truth :)

Hey guys,

Sorry for delayed response. "Real Work" called..... :D

Not sure I'm following the ports side of it, the game itself is available, with ports being opened by use of the firewall-cmd script and the FW daemon.

Here's the printout from firewall-cmd :

#firewall-cmd --zone=public --permanent --list-ports

8888-8889/tcp 27016-27030/udp 8888-8889/udp 3724/tcp

One thought I had at work today was to check selinux. Although I normally disable selinux for non-production servers and VMs in my cage, I may have left that enabled. I'm going to check that, however, it seems odd that the game works just fine whereas the serverpacks mini-http instance doesn't.

_waffles

So - disabled SElinux, completely restarted the server (VM), and tried again. confirmed that both myself and my co-admin still get the same connection refused.

Really irritating, this worked perfectly ~1 1/2 years ago hosting a dedicated server, I can't for the life of me figure out what the deal is. Is there other detail I can share that may shed light ? It seems it makes all the right moves up to the point where the client wants to get the pack from the server, where the refusal happens.

Here's the view from the server, note the channel activation :

[03:38:13 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.LoginHandler: /x.x.x.x (scrubbed my IP),Waffles successfully logged on, id: 151033679872.
[03:38:15 PM] INFO ModComm: Received client handshake from Waffles, 1 channels, protocol version 1
[03:38:15 PM] INFO ModComm: Activating 1 channels for player Waffles

--Late Edit :

Decided to live dangerously and disabled the firewall. That didn't solve the issue either, it still gives a connection refused. Note, there is no NAT, this IP block is owned by my company and this range is the range I have for other game servers I host, directly out to the public internet. Nothing blocking other than any local firewall settings I may disable on a per VM basis.

I tried disabling the FW on this VM to ensure that it wasn't some weird state that the game sets for the connection - no dice, still get that connection refused. There must be something seriously wrong with my config, although as I've shared, there isn't a whole lot to it (IP Address, port) and obviously, the game itself works fine both before and after the patch.

Help !! LOL......

_waffles

Edited by _Waffles
more relevant info added

4 hours ago, bdew said:

I logged into your server and they worked for me, it took a bit of time to download all the packs but after that the map showed up.

Seems it was a client problem.

I had to delete wurmlauncher.exe, re-verify the game files (download new file). After reapplying the modloader it workes.

4 hours ago, bdew said:

Seems it was a client problem.

I had to delete wurmlauncher.exe, re-verify the game files (download new file). After reapplying the modloader it workes.

Try a different port for the serverpacks mod, i use 8787

Ooh oohh

I just noticed in your serverpacks.properties

You have

RRemove the #

bbtw a.b.c.b should be your internet IP.

Ooh oohh

I just noticed in your serverpacks.properties

You have

RRemove the #

bbtw a.b.c.b should be your internet IP.